PDA

View Full Version : Please slow down

Brian Link
July 18th 09, 01:48 AM
Horrible night last night. I was trying to sleep after pulling four 16
hour shifts. I heard a horrible "thump-meow" out my window. When I
looked out the window, the neighbor's cat was in his death-throes.
Some asshole was speeding down the street and freaked out the cat, who
made an attempt across the street and was mowed down.

First, don't let your cats out if you live in the city. Secondly, if
you live in the city, think about the side-street you're breaking the
speed limit on.

I had bad feelings about this kitty since he was ranging free and
really annoying our inside cats. I feel horrible about my feelings now
- since all he was trying to do was get back home when he came up
against a machine that moved faster than he could.

Tried to warn the neighbors. They said "cats need to live free, and he
was so insistent about going out!".

They didn't see him twitching in death. Or the bystanders dragging him
to the curb so he wouldn't be hit again.

God, it so sucks to love animals.

BLink
"God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in creating each"
- Geronimo

chatnoir
July 18th 09, 10:36 PM
On Jul 17, 6:48*pm, Brian Link > wrote:
> Horrible night last night. I was trying to sleep after pulling four 16
> hour shifts. I heard a horrible "thump-meow" out my window. When I
> looked out the window, the neighbor's cat was in his death-throes.
> Some asshole was speeding down the street and freaked out the cat, who
> made an attempt across the street and was mowed down.
>
> First, don't let your cats out if you live in the city. Secondly, if
> you live in the city, think about the side-street you're breaking the
> speed limit on.
>
> I had bad feelings about this kitty since he was ranging free and
> really annoying our inside cats. I feel horrible about my feelings now
> - since all he was trying to do was get back home when he came up
> against a machine that moved faster than he could.
>
> Tried to warn the neighbors. They said "cats need to live free, and he
> was so insistent about going out!".
>
> They didn't see him twitching in death. Or the bystanders dragging him
> to the curb so he wouldn't be hit again.
>
> God, it so sucks to love animals.
>
> BLink
> "God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in creating each"
> - Geronimo

A lot of people are of a mind to try and run over cats!

Best bet is to build a cat enclosure outside!:

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures-2.htm

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatEnclosures2.htm

jweeks
July 20th 09, 06:58 PM
On Jul 17, 8:48*pm, Brian Link > wrote:
> Horrible night last night. I was trying to sleep after pulling four 16
> hour shifts. I heard a horrible "thump-meow" out my window. When I
> looked out the window, the neighbor's cat was in his death-throes.
> Some asshole was speeding down the street and freaked out the cat, who
> made an attempt across the street and was mowed down.
>
> First, don't let your cats out if you live in the city. Secondly, if
> you live in the city, think about the side-street you're breaking the
> speed limit on.
>
> I had bad feelings about this kitty since he was ranging free and
> really annoying our inside cats. I feel horrible about my feelings now
> - since all he was trying to do was get back home when he came up
> against a machine that moved faster than he could.
>
> Tried to warn the neighbors. They said "cats need to live free, and he
> was so insistent about going out!".
>
> They didn't see him twitching in death. Or the bystanders dragging him
> to the curb so he wouldn't be hit again.
>
> God, it so sucks to love animals.
>
> BLink
> "God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in creating each"
> - Geronimo

I'm so sorry for you...and the cat. It's a horrible experience and I
hope the "pet guardians" otherwise known as Owners never get another
animal. Now that the damage is done...perhaps you could cal the
police and ask them to patrol your street more frequently because of
speeders...They probably won't if you tell them it's because of a cat
but you could tell them it's dangerous for pedestrians...sometimes
seeing a police cruiser in the area more frequently makes a
difference...perhaps you could inadvertently save another poor cat
trying to be safe or squirrels or stray dogs....I'm sorry again. ~
Jenny