PDA

View Full Version : "Painless ending for a cat

Granby
July 21st 09, 10:49 PM
I don't want to post right now but have to tell you something.

I just got back from having my Sadie dog PTS.

This vet, a new one to me, did the two step method.

They gave a shot in the hip area to relax her. It did in just a very few
minutes. They he administered the second shot.

I told him your story and he was not liking it at all. He did say that more
are using the two step process now instead of the shave deal. Said it
allowed the animal to relax, he left the room, with it's people and
normally, was a better deal for the cat/dog. There was no fighting to hit
the vein and he said he could tell stories about that. Said he much
preferred this.

Just though I would let you know there are different ways and, it seems they
change all the time.

MLB[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 12:10 AM
Granby wrote:
> I don't want to post right now but have to tell you something.
>
> I just got back from having my Sadie dog PTS.
>
> This vet, a new one to me, did the two step method.
>
> They gave a shot in the hip area to relax her. It did in just a very few
> minutes. They he administered the second shot.
>
> I told him your story and he was not liking it at all. He did say that more
> are using the two step process now instead of the shave deal. Said it
> allowed the animal to relax, he left the room, with it's people and
> normally, was a better deal for the cat/dog. There was no fighting to hit
> the vein and he said he could tell stories about that. Said he much
> preferred this.
>
> Just though I would let you know there are different ways and, it seems they
> change all the time.

Sending purrs for you and those who loved Sadie. MLB

Matthew[_3_]
July 22nd 09, 01:01 AM
I am sorry Granby

"Granby" > wrote in message
>I don't want to post right now but have to tell you something.
>
> I just got back from having my Sadie dog PTS.
>
> This vet, a new one to me, did the two step method.
>
> They gave a shot in the hip area to relax her. It did in just a very few
> minutes. They he administered the second shot.
>
> I told him your story and he was not liking it at all. He did say that
> more are using the two step process now instead of the shave deal. Said
> it allowed the animal to relax, he left the room, with it's people and
> normally, was a better deal for the cat/dog. There was no fighting to hit
> the vein and he said he could tell stories about that. Said he much
> preferred this.
>
> Just though I would let you know there are different ways and, it seems
> they change all the time.

cybercat
July 22nd 09, 01:08 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I am sorry Granby

Me too. I would love to see photos of Sadie. What a great name for a dog.

Granby
July 22nd 09, 02:08 AM
Thank you, all of you.
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I am sorry Granby
>
> "Granby" > wrote in message
>>I don't want to post right now but have to tell you something.
>>
>> I just got back from having my Sadie dog PTS.
>>
>> This vet, a new one to me, did the two step method.
>>
>> They gave a shot in the hip area to relax her. It did in just a very few
>> minutes. They he administered the second shot.
>>
>> I told him your story and he was not liking it at all. He did say that
>> more are using the two step process now instead of the shave deal. Said
>> it allowed the animal to relax, he left the room, with it's people and
>> normally, was a better deal for the cat/dog. There was no fighting to
>> hit the vein and he said he could tell stories about that. Said he much
>> preferred this.
>>
>> Just though I would let you know there are different ways and, it seems
>> they change all the time.

Granby
July 22nd 09, 02:09 AM
She gave it to me, I tried several but when I called Sadie Girl, she always
came.
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>>I am sorry Granby
>>

> Me too. I would love to see photos of Sadie. What a great name for a dog.

cyberpurrs
July 22nd 09, 04:03 AM
"Granby" > wrote in message
> She gave it to me, I tried several but when I called Sadie Girl, she
> always came.

I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Sadie.

Granby
July 22nd 09, 04:14 AM
Thank you but there was no choice, when she tried to harm the cats, that she
always loved, that was it. I could not send her to a shelter and let
someone else go through what Sadie and I had been through. She would have
surely bitten someone and that would have not been good.

I loved her and know she won't be abused again or thrown in a dumpster while
someone makes a quick get away.