PDA

View Full Version : Cat stops eating suddenly

Gary
July 30th 09, 06:56 PM
Cat stopped eating

Took to the Vet - he had no real idea why and ran test and sent me
home with meds

Cat did not respond now more "guess" tests to find out whats going on

How do you pick a Vet who doesn't just run tests or ones that gives
you confindence he knows what he is doing?

Matthew[_3_]
July 30th 09, 07:19 PM
That is hard to do it is a matter of luck

What test did he run?

Did he check the cat's mouth?

The test that were run what were the results?

Have you tried to change brand of food or did you do that before this
happened?

What meds were given and the REASON they were given?

You were extremely gray in your description. Also realize that they are not
like human doctors all they can do is go by what you tell them their own
observation and the test results

"Gary" > wrote in message
> Cat stopped eating
>
> Took to the Vet - he had no real idea why and ran test and sent me
> home with meds
>
> Cat did not respond now more "guess" tests to find out whats going on
>
> How do you pick a Vet who doesn't just run tests or ones that gives
> you confindence he knows what he is doing?

Matthew[_3_]
July 30th 09, 07:20 PM
Also be advised this newsgroup is very extremely low in response

rec.pets.cats.health+behav is a mucgh better choice to post in but be ready
to have detail responses to get some answers

"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
> That is hard to do it is a matter of luck
>
> What test did he run?
>
> Did he check the cat's mouth?
>
> The test that were run what were the results?
>
> Have you tried to change brand of food or did you do that before this
> happened?
>
> What meds were given and the REASON they were given?
>
> You were extremely gray in your description. Also realize that they are
> not like human doctors all they can do is go by what you tell them their
> own observation and the test results
>
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Cat stopped eating
>>
>> Took to the Vet - he had no real idea why and ran test and sent me
>> home with meds
>>
>> Cat did not respond now more "guess" tests to find out whats going on
>>
>> How do you pick a Vet who doesn't just run tests or ones that gives
>> you confindence he knows what he is doing?

richard f way
August 8th 09, 02:29 AM
Gary wrote:
> Cat stopped eating
>
> Took to the Vet - he had no real idea why and ran test and sent me
> home with meds
>
> Cat did not respond now more "guess" tests to find out whats going on
>
> How do you pick a Vet who doesn't just run tests or ones that gives
> you confindence he knows what he is doing?

Trial and error to some extant, but remember how hard it is to treat
someone who can't tell you where it hurts.
Rich

Zoltan
August 27th 09, 04:47 PM
I have the same problem (cat won't eat, vet ran tests (blood and
ultrasound) and found nothing.

I want to take him home for a few days to say goodbye before the
inevitable.

rec.pets.cats.health+behav seems to be overrun with spam and is
unusable.