PDA

View Full Version : mixed gender kitten and her two feral sibs desperate for homes

bob syr
August 7th 09, 03:31 AM
When I brought the first cat in for spaying,
we (the vet and I) presumed it was female. She had a smaller head
and
no sign of male genitalia. When they opened her for the spaying they
found the insides were male. Female on the outside and male on the
inside! She had an identical-looking twin and I named the two of
them
Hermes and Aphrodite. However, Aphrodite turned out to be a regular
female. On the form, under sex the vet wrote "mixed" on Hermes'
certificate. Actually, three of the cats are in desperate need of a
home. The rest are more or less visitors to the colony and are
experienced neighborhood moochers. If I could place these three,
Hermes, Aphrodite, and Leo (big alpha male), I'd be somewhat happy.

They are helpless as . . well . . kittens. - Bob

dgk
August 7th 09, 03:06 PM
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 19:31:50 -0700 (PDT), bob syr >
wrote:

>When I brought the first cat in for spaying,
>we (the vet and I) presumed it was female. She had a smaller head
>and
>no sign of male genitalia. When they opened her for the spaying they
>found the insides were male. Female on the outside and male on the
>inside! She had an identical-looking twin and I named the two of
>them
>Hermes and Aphrodite. However, Aphrodite turned out to be a regular
>female. On the form, under sex the vet wrote "mixed" on Hermes'
>certificate. Actually, three of the cats are in desperate need of a
>home. The rest are more or less visitors to the colony and are
>experienced neighborhood moochers. If I could place these three,
>Hermes, Aphrodite, and Leo (big alpha male), I'd be somewhat happy.
>
>They are helpless as . . well . . kittens. - Bob

Always a good idea to mention where you are located.

cybercat
August 7th 09, 06:11 PM
"dgk" > wrote

> Always a good idea to mention where you are located.

He's in upstatge NY. I was wondering about Phil, but he is in the city.

bob syr
August 8th 09, 01:06 AM
> Always a good idea to mention where you are located.

I live in Syracuse, in New York State. It's a city of about a half
million with loads of woods and farm land all around -- some
developed, but mostly farm land. I was thinking that a dairy barn
would be a good spot for my cats. Every dairy barn I've ever seen
has
a whole lot of cats. It might be a good life for them. I've been to
the SPCA and all the rescue groups I could find around here and each
one had the same story: they can't take in any animals and the
county
is overrun with strays and feral cats. I'd be willing to take them
anywhere in New York State if someone would take them.
The colony I've been tending has seven or eight cats hanging around,
but actually only three of them aren't able to fend for themselves.
These are three of the original kittens and they've been taken care
of
by humans since birth, so they wouldn't survive in the woods very
long
at all. The fourth kitten has found another home but still visits
once in a while. Any advice or help you can give me would be most
appreciated.
Bob Ranger
Syracuse, NY

dgk
August 10th 09, 01:18 PM
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:06:22 -0700 (PDT), bob syr >
wrote:

>> Always a good idea to mention where you are located.
>
>I live in Syracuse, in New York State. It's a city of about a half
>million with loads of woods and farm land all around -- some
>developed, but mostly farm land. I was thinking that a dairy barn
>would be a good spot for my cats. Every dairy barn I've ever seen
>has
>a whole lot of cats. It might be a good life for them. I've been to
>the SPCA and all the rescue groups I could find around here and each
>one had the same story: they can't take in any animals and the
>county
>is overrun with strays and feral cats. I'd be willing to take them
>anywhere in New York State if someone would take them.
>The colony I've been tending has seven or eight cats hanging around,
>but actually only three of them aren't able to fend for themselves.
>These are three of the original kittens and they've been taken care
>of
>by humans since birth, so they wouldn't survive in the woods very
>long
>at all. The fourth kitten has found another home but still visits
>once in a while. Any advice or help you can give me would be most
>appreciated.
>Bob Ranger
>Syracuse, NY

My neighborhood (in NYC) is also overrun with cats. I'm feeding one of
them but I really can't take in any more than the three I have. One of
my neighbors has a deck that many of them live under, but she died
recently and the house will be sold sooner or later. I'm afraid the
new owner will kick out the cats.