PDA

View Full Version : Source for revolution med?

World Class Pins
August 13th 09, 11:48 PM
Hi Kitty folk,
Anyone have an "underground railroad" source for Revolution to fix
kitty ear mites? The whole pride of 6 has them and my small supply of
Acarex get's em but they keep passing them back and forth. The vet
wants a check up for each cat so I can't spend almost $500 for $85
worth of medicine. Do places like "Pet meds" require a perscription
for this? Please help, the poor critters are not themselves with this
going on..

I searched google history but it's not working.
Thanks, Karl.

World Class Pins
August 14th 09, 12:03 AM
Let me add a question to the above... Is there an online place to get
a perscription legally?
http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3055277_22CDu#619192002_oraHS-A-LB
Heterchromia says thank you!

jmc
August 14th 09, 02:16 AM
Suddenly, without warning, World Class Pins exclaimed (8/13/2009 6:48 PM):
> Hi Kitty folk,
> Anyone have an "underground railroad" source for Revolution to fix
> kitty ear mites? The whole pride of 6 has them and my small supply of
> Acarex get's em but they keep passing them back and forth. The vet
> wants a check up for each cat so I can't spend almost $500 for $85
> worth of medicine. Do places like "Pet meds" require a perscription
> for this? Please help, the poor critters are not themselves with this
> going on..
>
> I searched google history but it's not working.
> Thanks, Karl.

Yes, PetMeds requires a prescription, which you can get from your vet.
If your vet won't give you one, find a new vet that's more concerned
about your pet's welfare than their bottom line.

It'll be cheaper than from the vet. I would not trust any place that
does not require prescriptions, they are often using reformulations and
cheap knockoffs that can do more harm than good.

I got a prescription from my vet and use drsfostersmith.com for my cat's
Revolution; it's over $20 cheaper per six doses than from the vet.

jmc

World Class Pins
August 14th 09, 06:11 AM
Thank you for that. Yeah, my old Vet is always too busy with
appointments weeks out. My new Vet screams "Passing out meds is a
felony, you'll go to jail"!!!! When I say I have some Acarexx the
screem "Where did you get it, that's illegal if not from a Dr. bla bla
bla." BS! Last time they charged me twice for the same food and since
it was two different prices it was a big hasstle to cancel one of
them. PITA.

For now I got a bunch of non-perscription Eradimite:
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Eradimite+Ear+Mite+Treatment-prod3311.html
The lady on the phone, Katie, was extremely well informed and charming
too. She compared active ingredients, customer reviews, in additioin
to her own personal and vet tech/nurse (not sure of the exact term)
professional experience. She also gave great tips on administering to
"stubborn" critters.
I'll report back later, probably without warning again, on how it
works.
;)
Thanks group. Cheers,
Karl.