PDA

View Full Version : Cat Breading question

HardySpicer
August 14th 09, 07:21 AM
I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?

Thanks

Hardy

World Class Pins
August 14th 09, 07:35 AM
Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
kill" shelter and adopt some out.
Have a nice day pal.
Karl.

On Aug 13, 11:21*pm, HardySpicer > wrote:
> I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hardy

HardySpicer
August 14th 09, 09:53 AM
On Aug 13, 11:35*pm, World Class Pins > wrote:
> Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
> getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
> kill" shelter and adopt some out.
> Have a nice day pal.
> Karl.
>
> On Aug 13, 11:21*pm, HardySpicer > wrote:
>
> > I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> > can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Hardy

Look - get lost. What sort of answer is that? How do you know what the
situation is in my country?
They are pedigrees and I am going to sell them.

No Name
August 14th 09, 01:46 PM
"HardySpicer" > wrote in message
On Aug 13, 11:35 pm, World Class Pins > wrote:
> Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
> getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
> kill" shelter and adopt some out.
> Have a nice day pal.
> Karl.
>
> On Aug 13, 11:21 pm, HardySpicer > wrote:
>
> > I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> > can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Hardy

Look - get lost. What sort of answer is that? How do you know what the
situation is in my country?
They are pedigrees and I am going to sell them.

Hello, I can see the flames licking around your message... Pedigrees or not,
Cat breeding for profit I.E. selling cats, won't get you any information or
help here. unfortunately you have just committed social suicide as far as
this news group is concerned. Seriously you will be much better off. looking
at going on a cat site, aimed at the breed of cat you intend breeding. The
general consensus here is that you should only have 'fixed' cats, and if you
want to 'adopt' a new cat you should support your local 'no kill' shelter
and deal with them.
You will just get treated as a troll, no mater whether you have good
intentions or not. As you will have noticed you are more likely to get abuse
than help. Unless you toe the party line! That is don't admit to breeding
and only admit to dealing with no kill shelters. 'Personally' I think if
your kind to your animals, and keep them well fed and regularly vetted its
your own business. Take care, DP

dgk
August 14th 09, 02:04 PM
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:53:58 -0700 (PDT), HardySpicer
> wrote:

>On Aug 13, 11:35*pm, World Class Pins > wrote:
>> Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
>> getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
>> kill" shelter and adopt some out.
>> Have a nice day pal.
>> Karl.
>>
>> On Aug 13, 11:21*pm, HardySpicer > wrote:
>>
>> > I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
>> > can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>>
>> > Thanks
>>
>> > Hardy
>
>Look - get lost. What sort of answer is that? How do you know what the
>situation is in my country?
>They are pedigrees and I am going to sell them.

You're not going to find much sympathy here. We're all drowing in cats
and you want to make more for your profit. Maybe if you die soon a few
more cats in a shelter will get to live.

cybercat
August 14th 09, 04:43 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:53:58 -0700 (PDT), HardySpicer
> > wrote:
>
>>On Aug 13, 11:35 pm, World Class Pins > wrote:
>>> Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
>>> getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
>>> kill" shelter and adopt some out.
>>> Have a nice day pal.
>>> Karl.

>>Look - get lost. What sort of answer is that? How do you know what the
>>situation is in my country?
>>They are pedigrees and I am going to sell them.
>
> You're not going to find much sympathy here. We're all drowing in cats
> and you want to make more for your profit. Maybe if you die soon a few
> more cats in a shelter will get to live.

Hear hear!

cybercat
August 14th 09, 06:45 PM
"hopitus" > wrote
> > Hear hear!
>
> (Snork) the only thing this one has going for him is beyond his
> control...his
> "country" must not be one of the ones where cats are on the menu, as
> no pedigrees necessary there.
> These are showing up more often than once a week these days.
> Not to mention the ill-informed dissing you and Phil.Jesus H. Christ.

>OTOH......"Breading"?????? Red Alert.

lol

HardySpicer
August 14th 09, 09:11 PM
On Aug 14, 5:46*am, > wrote:
> "HardySpicer" > wrote in message

> On Aug 13, 11:35 pm, World Class Pins > wrote:
>
> > Easy answer, Just get them all fixed. Way too many now (thousands)
> > getting put to sleep every day. If you want more go to the local "no
> > kill" shelter and adopt some out.
> > Have a nice day pal.
> > Karl.
>
> > On Aug 13, 11:21 pm, HardySpicer > wrote:
>
> > > I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> > > can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > > Hardy
>
> Look - get lost. What sort of answer is that? How do you know what the
> situation is in my country?
> They are pedigrees and I am going to sell them.
>
> Hello, I can see the flames licking around your message... Pedigrees or not,
> Cat breeding for profit I.E. selling cats, won't get you any information or
> help here. unfortunately you have just committed social suicide as far as
> this news group is concerned. Seriously you will be much better off. looking
> at going on a cat site, aimed at the breed of cat you intend breeding. The
> general consensus here is that you should only have 'fixed' cats, and if you
> want to 'adopt' a new cat you should support your local 'no kill' shelter
> and deal with them.
> You will just get treated as a troll, no mater whether you have good
> intentions or not. As you will have noticed you are more likely to get abuse
> than help. Unless you toe the party line! That is don't admit to breeding
> and only admit to dealing with no kill shelters. 'Personally' I think if
> your kind to your animals, and keep them well fed and regularly vetted its
> your own business. Take care, DP

Ok thanks. I had no idea this ng was full of complete idiots. At least
there are a few sane ones.
I only have pedigree cats which I bought - and are expensive. I have
no intention of not looking after them!
They are pampered as hell.

Hardy

calvin
August 14th 09, 11:39 PM
On Aug 14, 1:29*pm, hopitus > wrote:
> These are showing up more often than once a week these days.
> Not to mention the ill-informed dissing you [cybercat] and Phil.

One of those two deserves to be dissed.

jmc
August 15th 09, 12:09 AM
Suddenly, without warning, HardySpicer exclaimed (8/14/2009 2:21 AM):
> I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>

> Thanks
>
> Hardy

No, we don't know what country you are in, but I'm fairly well traveled
and everywhere I've gone there are feral cat problems and full shelters.
I know you mean well and all, but please do some research before you
consider breeding your cats:

1. Is there a market for your breed?
2. Are all your cats exemplary examples of the breed?
3. Do you know what the genetic health issues of your breed are?
4. Have you had your cats tested to ensure they don't have any of these
issues?

These are all important questions, if you cannot answer them like this:

1. Yes, the other breeders in the area can't keep up with demand.
2. Yes, they're show quality and have good pedigrees
3. Yes
4. Nope, and they've been tested and will not pass on genetic issues to
their kittens.

Then please don't breed.

I'm pretty sure there's more but I'm not a breeder. My cats always have
been and always will be spayed.

I'm with everyone else that you shouldn't breed at all even if you have
the right answers, but I know you probably will anyway, so am asking
that you do your research properly so if you continue, the resultant
kittens have the best chance of a good home and a long, healthy life.

jmc

jmc
August 15th 09, 12:11 AM
Suddenly, without warning, hopitus exclaimed (8/14/2009 1:29 PM):

> (Snork) the only thing this one has going for him is beyond his
> control...his
> "country" must not be one of the ones where cats are on the menu, as
> no pedigrees necessary there.
> These are showing up more often than once a week these days.
> Not to mention the ill-informed dissing you and Phil.Jesus H. Christ.

"breading"... "where cats are on the menu"... roflmao!

jmc

cybercat
August 15th 09, 08:50 PM
"hopitus" > wrote
>I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
>bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.

He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that picks
me. :) So I will not go.

HardySpicer
August 15th 09, 08:55 PM
On Aug 14, 4:09*pm, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, HardySpicer exclaimed (8/14/2009 2:21 AM):
>
> > I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
> > can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Hardy
>
> No, we don't know what country you are in, but I'm fairly well traveled
> and everywhere I've gone there are feral cat problems and full shelters.
> * I know you mean well and all, but please do some research before you
> consider breeding your cats:
>
> 1. *Is there a market for your breed?
> 2. *Are all your cats exemplary examples of the breed?
> 3. *Do you know what the genetic health issues of your breed are?
> 4. *Have you had your cats tested to ensure they don't have any of these
> issues?
>
> These are all important questions, if you cannot answer them like this:
>
> 1. *Yes, the other breeders in the area can't keep up with demand.
> 2. *Yes, they're show quality and have good pedigrees
> 3. *Yes
> 4. *Nope, and they've been tested and will not pass on genetic issues to
> their kittens.
>
> Then please don't breed.
>
> I'm pretty sure there's more but I'm not a breeder. *My cats always have
> been and always will be spayed.
>
> I'm with everyone else that you shouldn't breed at all even if you have
> the right answers, but I know you probably will anyway, so am asking
> that you do your research properly so if you continue, the resultant
> kittens have the best chance of a good home and a long, healthy life.
>
> jmc

I already have bred but the cats were not pure - the queen escaped!
In any case I had no problem getting rid of the kittens. One lady said
the cat shelter was empty of cats
and that's why she came to me. In my country cats are very popular. My
cats have all came from good breeders.

Hardy

calvin
August 17th 09, 01:42 AM
On Aug 15, 3:50*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "hopitus" > wrote
>
> >I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
> >bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.
>
> He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
> set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that picks
> me. :) So I will not go.

What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
How does your husband like being neutered?

cyberpurrs
August 17th 09, 04:23 AM
"calvin" > wrote in message
On Aug 15, 3:50 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "hopitus" > wrote
>
> >I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
> >bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.
>
> He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
> set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that
> picks
> me. :) So I will not go.

>What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
>How does your husband like being neutered?

You're such a pathetic little moron. Not yet killfiled on this computer, but
that is easily fixed.

HardySpicer
August 17th 09, 04:35 AM
On Aug 17, 3:23*pm, "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
> "calvin" > wrote in message

> On Aug 15, 3:50 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > "hopitus" > wrote
>
> > >I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
> > >bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.
>
> > He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
> > set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that
> > picks
> > me. :) So I will not go.
> >What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
> >How does your husband like being neutered?
>
> You're such a pathetic little moron. Not yet killfiled on this computer, but
> that is easily fixed.

Good news every-body. They are now shagging away! I will have kitties
in a few months.

Hardy