PDA

View Full Version : Jail Inmates Help Run County's Animal Shelter in Florida

FirstHit
September 6th 09, 12:33 AM
I thought the following story was interesting. It sounds like a
wonderful deal for the inmates. They get some contact with animals
and might learn something. So long as they do no harm to the animals
(or people), it sounds like a positive thing.

Jail Inmates Help Run County's Animal Shelter
http://www.wftv.com/news/20729539/detail.html

FirstHit

Calvin
September 6th 09, 02:55 AM
On Sep 5, 7:33*pm, FirstHit > wrote:
> I thought the following story was interesting. *It sounds like a
> wonderful deal for the inmates. *They get some contact with animals
> and might learn something. *So long as they do no harm to the animals
> (or people), it sounds like a positive thing.
>
> Jail Inmates Help Run County's Animal Shelter

http://www.wftv.com/news/20729539/detail.html

Thanks. Great idea. I wish the video had shown more of
the animals.

FirstHit
September 6th 09, 06:20 AM
On Sep 5, 6:55*pm, calvin > wrote:
> On Sep 5, 7:33*pm, FirstHit > wrote:
>
> > I thought the following story was interesting. *It sounds like a
> > wonderful deal for the inmates. *They get some contact with animals
> > and might learn something. *So long as they do no harm to the animals
> > (or people), it sounds like a positive thing.
>
> > Jail Inmates Help Run County's Animal Shelter
>
> http://www.wftv.com/news/20729539/detail.html
>
> Thanks. *Great idea. *I wish the video had shown more of
> the animals.

Yeah, we didn't get to see any cats, though we did see one of the guys
filling litter boxes.

FirstHit

“Time spent with cats is never wasted.” -- Sigmund Freud

Granby
September 8th 09, 06:23 PM
I have seen where inmates take pups that are trained as dog guides for the
blind and help with their training. Is good for the dog and for the man
too.