PDA

View Full Version : What happened to this group?

MLB[_2_]
September 11th 09, 11:53 PM
It seems to have expired. MLB

Bryce[_2_]
September 12th 09, 01:31 AM
MLB wrote:

> It seems to have expired. MLB

Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
which are free). It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.

I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
deal from discussions carried on. The isp's are pumping up
their profit by doing this. I guess we shouldn't be
surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.

FirstHit
September 12th 09, 01:38 AM
On Sep 11, 5:31*pm, Bryce > wrote:
> MLB wrote:
>
> > It seems to have expired. * MLB
>
> Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
> bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
> deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
> which are free). *It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.
>
> I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
> deal from discussions carried on. *The isp's are pumping up
> their profit by doing this. *I guess we shouldn't be
> surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.

Yes, Usenet seems to be dying for the reason you give. Also, I think
we don't get too many new users. I bet most people don't even know
about Usenet. Sad!

FirstHit

Granby
September 12th 09, 02:08 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
"MLB" > wrote in message

> It seems to have expired. MLB

jmc
September 12th 09, 03:57 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Bryce exclaimed (9/11/2009 8:31 PM):
> MLB wrote:
>
>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>
> Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
> bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
> deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
> which are free). It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.
>
> I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
> deal from discussions carried on. The isp's are pumping up
> their profit by doing this. I guess we shouldn't be
> surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.

Oh, some groups are still quite lively (no, I'm not talking about
those). rec.eq for one is still quite the busy group.

I doubt it'll die, myself. Some of those folks who aren't terribly
net-savvy went to Google Groups, the rest of us went to services like
individual.net. I like having a service not tied to my ISP, considering
how often I move...

jmc

Petzl
September 12th 09, 05:49 AM
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:08:20 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:

>I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
>"MLB" > wrote in message
>>
>> It seems to have expired. MLB

ISP's are shutting down their news servers often without warning)
aside from google groups there are free ones (for how long?)
http://www.eternal-september.org/
text only

I pay US$10 a year for this one (text only)
https://news.individual.net/

--
Petzl
What happens with Moslems and Aircraft

Petzl
September 12th 09, 07:20 AM
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:57:26 -0400, jmc
> wrote:

>Suddenly, without warning, Bryce exclaimed (9/11/2009 8:31 PM):
>> MLB wrote:
>>
>>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>>
>> Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
>> bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
>> deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
>> which are free). It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.
>>
>> I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
>> deal from discussions carried on. The isp's are pumping up
>> their profit by doing this. I guess we shouldn't be
>> surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.
>
>Oh, some groups are still quite lively (no, I'm not talking about
>those). rec.eq for one is still quite the busy group.
>
>I doubt it'll die, myself. Some of those folks who aren't terribly
>net-savvy went to Google Groups, the rest of us went to services like
>individual.net. I like having a service not tied to my ISP, considering
>how often I move...
>
>jmc
I find individual.net reliable
Wish other ISP's would cancel thrir email service most just suck at
it, promoting spam. Gmail is free and little spam gets to the inbox

Petzl

No Name
September 12th 09, 09:51 AM
"Petzl" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:08:20 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
>>"MLB" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>>
> ISP's are shutting down their news servers often without warning)
> aside from google groups there are free ones (for how long?)
> http://www.eternal-september.org/
> text only
>
> I pay US$10 a year for this one (text only)
> https://news.individual.net/
>

> --
> Petzl
> What happens with Moslems and Aircraft
> Pays to keep Moslems away from Airports
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq_ko5jVMBo&hl=un

It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at them.
One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It just makes
people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot, their first
post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.

cybercat
September 12th 09, 10:44 AM
> wrote in message
> "Petzl" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:08:20 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:
>>
>>>I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.

>> ISP's are shutting down their news servers often without warning)
>> aside from google groups there are free ones (for how long?)
>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>> text only
>>
>> I pay US$10 a year for this one (text only)
>> https://news.individual.net/
>>

>> --
>> Petzl
>> What happens with Moslems and Aircraft
>> Pays to keep Moslems away from Airports
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq_ko5jVMBo&hl=un
>

> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
> question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.

Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.

Petzl
September 12th 09, 11:15 AM
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 05:44:55 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> wrote in message

>>> ISP's are shutting down their news servers often without warning)
>>> aside from google groups there are free ones (for how long?)
>>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>>> text only
>>>
>>> I pay US$10 a year for this one (text only)
>>> https://news.individual.net/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Petzl
>>> What happens with Moslems and Aircraft
>>> Pays to keep Moslems away from Airports
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq_ko5jVMBo&hl=un
>>

>> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
>> question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
>> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
>> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
>> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>
>Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.

Some people are thin skinned
I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
wrong way
There is always the plonk key

Petzl

Granby
September 12th 09, 11:33 AM
I hate the term "thin skinned" Some have gotten enough abused over the
years that they try and find a group where ideas are given a chance, even
if not quite presented in the "right" way. This group is supposed to be
about the animals, not just one persons opinion. I have been called enough
names ands sworn at, by someone very ill, over the last few years to last
the rest of my life. Don't know why it is necessary to talk that way to
people. Nice is not a dirty word.

"Petzl" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 05:44:55 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message

>>> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking
>>> question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
>>> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
>>> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
>>> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>>
>>Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
>>
> Some people are thin skinned
> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
> wrong way
> There is always the plonk key
>
> Petzl

No Name
September 12th 09, 11:54 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message

>>> ISP's are shutting down their news servers often without warning)
>>> aside from google groups there are free ones (for how long?)
>>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>>> text only
>>>
>>> I pay US$10 a year for this one (text only)
>>> https://news.individual.net/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Petzl
>>> What happens with Moslems and Aircraft
>>> Pays to keep Moslems away from Airports
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq_ko5jVMBo&hl=un
>>

>> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
>> question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
>> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
>> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
>> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>
> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.

I see, you use Usenet as a way of releasing your stress. Maybe your to
scared to shout at real live people.
This is 'supposed to be about cats. why the nasty attitude?
This is what's killing your group. It only take 1 bad apple to spoil the
barrel. Can you not go to a Usenet augment NG where you can squabble to your
hearts content?

barb
September 12th 09, 03:13 PM
I inquired of someone knowledgeable and was told that somebody probably got
insulted by someone else in this group and so turned a bunch of spam on the
group. The individual constantly changes ISP #s so can't be traced. You've
got to figure they'll get tired of their game and eventually quit. It's
slowing up already. Then the group will come back.

Most people who get offended or insulted by another poster in the group just
move on to the next post. If you can't do that, then don't go on news
groups.

Barb

"Petzl" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 05:44:55 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message

>>> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking
>>> question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
>>> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
>>> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
>>> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>>
>>Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
>>
> Some people are thin skinned
> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
> wrong way
> There is always the plonk key

Exactly. What I normally get upset about is the folks who come in here with
a sick or injured cat and have not/will not take it to the vet, and those
who allow their animals outside where they can get injured, and argue that
they must "be fwee." That kind of crap.

> wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking
>>> a question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
>>> them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
>>> just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
>>> their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>>
>> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
>>

> I see, you use Usenet as a way of releasing your stress. Maybe your to
> scared to shout at real live people.
> This is 'supposed to be about cats. why the nasty attitude?
> This is what's killing your group. It only take 1 bad apple to spoil the
> barrel. Can you not go to a Usenet augment NG where you can squabble to
> your hearts content?

I am just like this in real life. I have a great time. No pussies like you
as far as the eye can see. Grow up, or go use moderated groups, pussyboy.

Linda Boucher
September 12th 09, 10:13 PM
I don't know what happen to this group but all i get his e-mails from
people selling cheap stuff.. i keep adding them to my block sender list
but i still keep getting the messages..
how can i stop this
Linda

>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>
> Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
> bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
> deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
> which are free). It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.
>
> I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
> deal from discussions carried on. The isp's are pumping up
> their profit by doing this. I guess we shouldn't be
> surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.

Bryce[_2_]
September 12th 09, 10:49 PM
Linda Boucher wrote:

> I don't know what happen to this group but all i get his
> e-mails from
> people selling cheap stuff.. i keep adding them to my
> block sender list but i still keep getting the messages..
> how can i stop this
> Linda
>>

>>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>>
>> Verizon is the latest to drop usenet and with each isp
>> bailout, some usenet users are lost 'cuz they can't/won't
>> deal with subscribing to some other news server (some of
>> which are free). It's getting pretty quiet on usenet.
>>
>> I hate to see usenet die away ... I have learned a great
>> deal from discussions carried on. The isp's are pumping
>> up
>> their profit by doing this. I guess we shouldn't be
>> surprised to see a no-advertising service disappear.

Rejecting everything from googlegroups.com will eliminate
most of the spam ... as well as a few non-spam posts from
well-meaning but uninformed users. Google does little or
nothing to stem the flow of Chinese spam. Why bother? It
isn't harming Google's business.

By the way: top-posting a reply is OK for e-mail, but your
reply to a usenet post should be at the bottom. Makes it
much easier to follow if several add their two-cents to a
message.

Petzl
September 13th 09, 12:09 AM
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:13:36 -0400, "Barb" >
wrote:

>I inquired of someone knowledgeable and was told that somebody probably got
>insulted by someone else in this group and so turned a bunch of spam on the
>group. The individual constantly changes ISP #s so can't be traced. You've
>got to figure they'll get tired of their game and eventually quit. It's
>slowing up already. Then the group will come back.
>
>Most people who get offended or insulted by another poster in the group just
>move on to the next post. If you can't do that, then don't go on news
>groups.
>
>Barb

There are nuts out there who use programs to flood groups with gibber
Individual.net my News provider filter it out (I don't see it)

Petzl

El Kot
September 13th 09, 02:06 AM
Morgoth Bauglir wrote:
>> I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
>> "MLB" > wrote in message
>>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>
> I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm getting hundreds of spam messages
> for every legitimate message in this group.
>
> And it's unique to this group - it's not happening in others I read.

Heh. One would think giganews would have better spam protection,
especially if you're paying. Eternal-september (free) filters it pretty
much away - I see almost no spam.

--
No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.

cyberpurrs
September 13th 09, 04:38 AM
"El Kot" > wrote in message
> Morgoth Bauglir wrote:
>>> I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
>>
>> I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm getting hundreds of spam
>> messages
>> for every legitimate message in this group.
>>
>> And it's unique to this group - it's not happening in others I read.
>
> Heh. One would think giganews would have better spam protection,
> especially if you're paying. Eternal-september (free) filters it pretty
> much away - I see almost no spam.

Same here.

Petzl
September 13th 09, 07:27 AM
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:48:11 -0700, Morgoth Bauglir
> wrote:

>> I was thinking the same thing. Sure has been quiet.
>> "MLB" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> It seems to have expired. MLB
>
>I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm getting hundreds of spam messages
>for every legitimate message in this group.
>
>And it's unique to this group - it's not happening in others I read.

These clowns do their rounds in trying to bring down groups
There seems to be no other purpose than malice
Complain to your news service and tell them if your newsgroup is being
flooded
I'm trying a free text only service
http://www.eternal-september.org/
they are blocking the flood and do not see the rubbish you are

Petzl

"Morgoth Bauglir" > wrote in message

>>>I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm getting hundreds of spam
>>>messages
>>>for every legitimate message in this group.
>>>
>>>And it's unique to this group - it's not happening in others I read.
>>
>> These clowns do their rounds in trying to bring down groups
>> There seems to be no other purpose than malice
>> Complain to your news service and tell them if your newsgroup is being
>> flooded
>> I'm trying a free text only service
>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>> they are blocking the flood and do not see the rubbish you are
>>
>> Petzl
>
> In the meantime, this group has pretty much expired.

It has!

Granby
September 13th 09, 09:03 PM
Bologna it has not expired. Just is a well cat stage, for a change, thank
Bast!
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Morgoth Bauglir" > wrote in message
>>
>>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:48:11 -0700, Morgoth Bauglir

>>> These clowns do their rounds in trying to bring down groups
>>> There seems to be no other purpose than malice
>>> Complain to your news service and tell them if your newsgroup is being
>>> flooded
>>> I'm trying a free text only service
>>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>>> they are blocking the flood and do not see the rubbish you are
>>>
>>> Petzl
>>
>> In the meantime, this group has pretty much expired.
>
> It has!

jmc
September 13th 09, 09:47 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Barb exclaimed (9/12/2009 10:13 AM):
> I inquired of someone knowledgeable and was told that somebody probably
> got insulted by someone else in this group and so turned a bunch of spam
> on the group. The individual constantly changes ISP #s so can't be
> traced. You've got to figure they'll get tired of their game and
> eventually quit. It's slowing up already. Then the group will come back.
>
> Most people who get offended or insulted by another poster in the group
> just move on to the next post. If you can't do that, then don't go on
> news groups.
>
> Barb

I have individual.net. I don't see any of the spam. Nothing, nada
zilch. I live individual.net :)

jmc

jmc
September 13th 09, 10:30 PM
Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (9/12/2009 2:36 PM):
> "Petzl" > wrote in message

>>> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
>>>
>> Some people are thin skinned
>> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
>> wrong way
>> There is always the plonk key
>>

> Exactly. What I normally get upset about is the folks who come in here with
> a sick or injured cat and have not/will not take it to the vet, and those
> who allow their animals outside where they can get injured, and argue that
> they must "be fwee." That kind of crap.

As many of us do, but being rude or mean just puts their back up, and
will accomplish absolutely nothing. Haven't you heard you catch more
flies with honey than vinegar?

I've had more luck carefully and politely explaining why they need to
take their pet to the vet - even if I really wanted to whack them with a
Cluestick(TM).

I probably saved the neighbor's dog's life because I didn't yell at her
when I heard her old dog whimpering in pain - for days. They were
afraid if they took her to the vet, he'd put her to sleep (!!) I gently
explained why that wasn't a good argument, and they took her in the next
day. If I'd just told her what an idiot she was to let her dog suffer
like that, she'd have slammed the door in my face and the dog would have
likely died in agony. She had, if I remember correctly, pyometria. She
was treated and returned home, a much happier dog. Sure, that's in the
real world, but why should we treat folks any different here on usenet
than we do in the real world?

jmc

Calvin
September 14th 09, 02:19 AM
On Sep 12, 5:44*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
> > question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
> > them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
> > just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
> > their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>
> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.

This group should be for everyone who has a cat. It's
not your place to decide who Usenet is for.

cyberpurrs
September 14th 09, 03:11 AM
"calvin" > wrote in message
On Sep 12, 5:44 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking
> > question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
> > them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
> > just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
> > their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>
> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.

>This group should be for everyone who has a cat. It's
>not your place to decide who Usenet is for.

Just my opinion, cat-abusing scumbag.

Petzl
September 14th 09, 03:49 AM
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:07:37 -0700, Morgoth Bauglir
> wrote:

>> These clowns do their rounds in trying to bring down groups
>> There seems to be no other purpose than malice
>> Complain to your news service and tell them if your newsgroup is being
>> flooded
>> I'm trying a free text only service
>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>> they are blocking the flood and do not see the rubbish you are
>>
>> Petzl
>
>In the meantime, this group has pretty much expired.

This is the whole and only purpose of the newsgroup flooder
probably a kid getting their jollies
Bit surprised that giganews has let it's guard down

Petzl

FirstHit
September 14th 09, 09:15 AM
On Sep 13, 2:30*pm, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (9/12/2009 2:36 PM):
>

> > "Petzl" > wrote in message

> >> Some people are thin skinned
> >> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
> >> wrong way
> >> There is always the plonk key
>
> > Exactly. What I normally get upset about is the folks who come in here with
> > a sick or injured cat and have not/will not take it to the vet, and those
> > who allow their animals outside where they can get injured, and argue that
> > they must "be fwee." That kind of crap.
>
> As many of us do, but being rude or mean just puts their back up, and
> will accomplish absolutely nothing. *Haven't you heard you catch more
> flies with honey than vinegar?
>
> I've had more luck carefully and politely explaining why they need to
> take their pet to the vet - even if I really wanted to whack them with a
> Cluestick(TM).
>
> I probably saved the neighbor's dog's life because I didn't yell at her
> when I heard her old dog whimpering in pain - for days. *They were
> afraid if they took her to the vet, he'd put her to sleep (!!) *I gently
> explained why that wasn't a good argument, and they took her in the next
> day. *If I'd just told her what an idiot she was to let her dog suffer
> like that, she'd have slammed the door in my face and the dog would have
> likely died in agony. *She had, if I remember correctly, pyometria. *She
> was treated and returned home, a much happier dog. Sure, that's in the
> real world, but why should we treat folks any different here on usenet
> than we do in the real world?
>
> jmc

I completely agree.

I think Cybercat loves cats and wants to help them, yet misses
opportunities to help at times by attacking rather than trying to
develop a rapport with the person.

FirstHit

Petzl
September 14th 09, 09:48 AM
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:15:15 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
wrote:

>I completely agree.
>
>I think Cybercat loves cats and wants to help them, yet misses
>opportunities to help at times by attacking rather than trying to
>develop a rapport with the person.

U know Cybercat loves cats
Her advice while straight to the point is always in the best interest
of defenseless cats. Like it or lump it

Perzl

FirstHit
September 14th 09, 10:37 AM
On Sep 14, 1:48*am, Petzl > wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:15:15 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
> wrote:
>

> >I completely agree.
>
> >I think Cybercat loves cats and wants to help them, yet misses
> >opportunities to help at times by attacking rather than trying to
> >develop a rapport with the person.
>
> U know Cybercat loves cats
> Her advice while straight to the point is always in the best interest
> of defenseless cats. Like it or lump it
>
> Perzl

The problem isn't with her advice. It's when she withholds advice and
instead attacks the person and resorts to name-calling. This often
occurs after she's done too much assuming. The end result is she
loses the opportunity to have a positive influence on that person and
the cat in question.

FirstHit

Calvin
September 14th 09, 02:01 PM
On Sep 13, 10:11*pm, "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
> "calvin" > wrote:
> On Sep 12, 5:44 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > > It doesn't help when a new poster, just feeling out the group by asking a
> > > question, gets a load of abusive name calling and swearing chucked at
> > > them. One or two people have killed the group with this viciousness. It
> > > just makes people delete the NG after the first post. In fact for a lot,
> > > their first post is their last. All because of this nasty attitude.
>
> > Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
> >This group should be for everyone who has a cat. *It's
> >not your place to decide who Usenet is for.
>
> Just my opinion, cat-abusing scumbag.

I've abused no cat, liar. If you think so, then try to back up your
claim.

Calvin
September 14th 09, 02:04 PM
On Sep 12, 2:36*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Petzl" > wrote in message
> > Some people are thin skinned
> > I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub someone the
> > wrong way
> > There is always the plonk key
>
> Exactly. What I normally get upset about is the folks who come in here with
> a sick or injured cat and have not/will not take it to the vet, and those
> who allow their animals outside where they can get injured, and argue that
> they must "be fwee." That kind of crap.

Your personal opinions are sometimes right, sometines
wrong, but not the Word of God. Get over yourself.

"Petzl" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:15:15 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
> wrote:
>

>>I completely agree.
>>
>>I think Cybercat loves cats and wants to help them, yet misses
>>opportunities to help at times by attacking rather than trying to
>>develop a rapport with the person.
>>
> U know Cybercat loves cats
> Her advice while straight to the point is always in the best interest
> of defenseless cats. Like it or lump it

Thank you, dahling. I gotta be me.

Calvin
September 14th 09, 03:43 PM
On Sep 14, 4:48*am, Petzl > wrote:
> U know Cybercat loves cats

As do we all.

> Her advice while straight to the point is always in the best interest
> of defenseless cats. ...

Unfortunately not. The most defenseless cats are the
ones in the womb, and she wants them all aborted,
late term or not, and no matter what the circumstances.
She won't even listen to the circumstances. That's
not "in the best interest of defenseless cats".

rich
September 19th 09, 11:30 PM
MLB wrote:

> It seems to have expired. MLB

Not quite, but we are all going to have to migrate to some other form of
communication within the next few years. Social networking is sucking
the life out of newsgroups.
Rich

John Doe
September 30th 09, 08:29 AM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> <gummymonkey madeup.com> wrote in message
> news:O5Lqm.135195$LX3.63542 newsfe17.ams2...
>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:h8fqik$7vd$1 news.eternal-september.org...
>>>
>>> <gummymonkey madeup.com> wrote in message
>>> news:0iJqm.83630$tD4.61615 newsfe07.ams2...

>>> Usenet is not for pussies. Pussy.
>>>

>> I see, you use Usenet as a way of releasing your stress. Maybe
>> your to scared to shout at real live people. This is 'supposed
>> to be about cats. why the nasty attitude? This is what's
>> killing your group. It only take 1 bad apple to spoil the
>> barrel. Can you not go to a Usenet augment NG where you can
>> squabble to your hearts content?
>
> I am just like this in real life.

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

> I have a great time.

Whatever you could be in real life, JudgeMental, you are an
asshole here on the Internet.

> No pussies like you as far as the eye can see.

Says a careless insulting troll who is obviously living out her
tough guy fantasy here on the Internet.

--
> Grow up, or go use moderated groups, pussyboy.

> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: What happened to this group?
> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:37:30 -0400

John Doe
September 30th 09, 08:58 AM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Petzl" <petzlx gmail.com> wrote in message

>> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub
>> someone the wrong way

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

>> There is always the plonk key
>>

> Exactly.

Better is to inform newcomers that the reason you insult them is
to get your big fat ego more attention while playing out your
tough guy fantasy.

> What I normally get upset about

As if it matters...

--
> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: What happened to this group?
> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:36:26 -0400

barb
September 30th 09, 03:53 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't like a post you can
skip on to the next post. Some idiot or idiots with way too much time on
their hands decided to push a bunch of junk posts all over the news group.
By using different names and server names they elude identification. They
are tiring of this now, as you can see there's a lot less of their garbage
here.

Barb

Petzl
October 2nd 09, 11:08 AM
On 30 Sep 2009 07:58:55 GMT, John Doe > wrote:

>> "Petzl" <petzlx gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>> I've been to many different groups anf it's normal to rub
>>> someone the wrong way
>
>BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
>
>>> There is always the plonk key

And PLONK that simple