PDA

View Full Version : My cat doesn't like me drinking coffee!?

Netmask[_2_]
September 13th 09, 10:01 PM
When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee
intake (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire
the 18th century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he
lived to around 86 in good health

cyberpurrs
September 14th 09, 03:12 AM
"Netmask" > wrote in message
> When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
> or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
> In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
> Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee intake
> (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire the 18th
> century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he lived to
> around 86 in good health

Buy better coffee. Stop paying breeders for kittens, you could afford some.

snuffy[_2_]
September 16th 09, 12:33 AM
On Sep 13, 5:01*pm, Netmask > wrote:
> When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
> or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
> In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
> Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee
> intake (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire
> the 18th century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he
> lived to around 86 in good health

My cat likes to inspect what I eat and have some too. Not meals at
the table, just snacks. He even will eat a peanut and toast but has
no interest in coffee or tea. Milk and cereal, yes. But he would
never be rude and treat my food like poop.

FirstHit
September 16th 09, 02:25 AM
On Sep 13, 2:01*pm, Netmask > wrote:
> When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
> or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
> In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
> Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee
> intake (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire
> the 18th century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he
> lived to around 86 in good health

My late cat often did the burying thing with my coffee cup too.

FirstHit

rich
September 19th 09, 11:29 PM
Netmask wrote:
> When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
> or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
> In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
> Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee
> intake (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire
> the 18th century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he
> lived to around 86 in good health

I think he dislikes the smell.

Rich

cybercat
September 20th 09, 01:40 AM
"Rich" > wrote in message
> Netmask wrote:
>> When I finish drinking my coffee (very strong Italian black with no milk
>> or sugar) he wants to "bury" the cup with the typical scratching ritual.
>> In fact any plate that has had food on it but especially coffee....
>> Any thoughts? BTW my doctor is not the least concerned at my coffee
>> intake (organic and plunger type)as he often quotes the case of Voltaire
>> the 18th century philosopher who reputedly drank 16 cups a day and he
>> lived to around 86 in good health
>
> I think he dislikes the smell.

Yep.