PDA

View Full Version : Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death


Barb[_3_]
September 17th 09, 12:02 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article

Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death

September 17, 2009

BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
it may be time for a diet.

Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.

Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
(AP file)

RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight

"Our pets are in real danger of not living as long as previous generations
and developing serious and costly diseases such as diabetes and other
largely avoidable conditions," said Dr. Ernie Ward, president of the
Association for Pet Obesity Prevention based in Calabash, N.C.

According to a 2008 study by the association, 7.2 million dogs are
estimated to be obese and 26 million overweight. The number in cats is
higher, with 15.7 million estimated to be obese and 35 million overweight.

"These numbers represent a huge problem. Just as we've become a nation of
couch potatoes, our pets have become a nation of lap potatoes -- and that's
not good for anyone," said Ward on his Web site,
www.petobesityprevention.com.

Smaller breeds of dogs had more trouble with their weight than larger
breeds, the study showed. Breeds such as Dachshunds, Chihuahuas, and
Yorkshire terriers were more likely to be classified as overweight than
Labrador retrievers, golden retrievers or German shepherds.

"Smaller, indoor-only dogs tend to have more trouble maintaining a healthy
weight because they don't get adequate exercise. Unfortunately, these are
also the dogs we're seeing a high number of weight-related disorders in,"
Ward said.

Pet experts say excess weight causes or contributes to many painful and
debilitating conditions such as: osteoarthritis, type 2 diabetes,
respiratory disorders, hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease
and many forms of cancer.

To determine if your dog or cat is overweight, check the rib cage, Ward
said. If your pet is overweight ribs will be difficult to feel under the
fat. If the stomach sags and you can grab a handful of fat, the pet is
overweight. Other obesity indicators are a broad and flat back or if the
waist is barely visible or absent.

If your pet is obese, go to the vet. You should never put your dog or cat
on a diet without the assistance of your vet, according to
www.petobesityprevention.com. There may be a medical condition causing a
pet's excess weight. Some common diseases associated with weight gain in
dogs include hypothyroidism and hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing's disease).

"Too many dogs start on a diet and fail to lose weight simply because the
diet wasn't the problem -- a disease was," Ward said.

Celebrity pet expert Andrea Arden, who was in Chicago recently, says that
an overweight pet is an unhealthy pet. Arden, who has written numerous pet
training books, currently appears on three Animal Planet's shows, "Underdog
to Wonder Dog," "Dogs 101" and "Cats 101."

"It's definitely a problem and a large percentage of the pet-owning
population has pets who are overweight due in great part to the fact that
people often kill with kindness by indulging pets with food and treats,"
Arden said.

One of the first steps is choosing the correct food. Read the label and
look for protein without any animal byproducts, Arden recommends. Avoid
wheat gluten and soy artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.

"Carefully research what's in the bag or can. You, and your pet, are what
you eat," Arden said.

According to www.petobesitypre vention.com, to maintain an ideal weight, a
typical indoor 10-pound cat should get 180 to 200 calories a day. For
indoor dogs, the daily calories are: 200 to 275 for 10-pound dogs; 325 to
400 for 20-pound dogs and 700 to 900 for 50-pound dogs.

"Make sure you don't overfeed your dog, don't feed them from the table and
curtail the treats," Arden said.

"Almost in all obesity cases, a dog doesn't have adequate fitness. They're
home with not much to do. They need regular exercise. Don't just take the
dog out for a walk, let them run," Arden said, noting that pet owners need
to gradually introduce pets to exercise.

For those looking for a passive way to exercise the dog while hanging out
on the couch, Arden suggested having the canine go through a regime of
tricks -- roll over, take a bow, sit on hind legs.

"This way the pet gets physically and mentally stimulated," Arden said.

Another exercise trick is to take the food you normally fit in a bowl and
put the food in three to five food stuffable toys, Arden said. "This gives
your dog the ability to hunt for food instead of stuffing out from one big
bowl."

dgk
September 17th 09, 12:52 PM
On 17 Sep 2009 11:02:20 -0000, (Barb) wrote:

>http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article
>
>Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
>
>September 17, 2009
>
>BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
>If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
>it may be time for a diet.
>
>Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
>in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.
>
> Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
>Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
>girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
>(AP file)
>
>RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight
....

Marlo's a small cat but is 12 lbs. Way too much but I give her less
food than the two boys and she still gains weight. I play with her to
get her moving some but she simply is going to be a fat cat.

Char
September 17th 09, 06:34 PM
dgk wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2009 11:02:20 -0000, (Barb) wrote:
>
>> http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article
>>
>> Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
>>
>> September 17, 2009
>>
>> BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
>> If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
>> it may be time for a diet.
>>
>> Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
>> in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.
>>
>> Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
>> Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
>> girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
>> (AP file)
>>
>> RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight
> ...
>
> Marlo's a small cat but is 12 lbs. Way too much but I give her less
> food than the two boys and she still gains weight. I play with her to
> get her moving some but she simply is going to be a fat cat.

As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
obesity, diabetes, and worse.

Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.

The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed. I've seen
countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
health around merely by switching to a raw diet.

Stop starving your cat!

Char

Char
September 17th 09, 10:39 PM
Confused wrote:
> In article >,
> Char > wrote:
>
>> dgk wrote:
>>> On 17 Sep 2009 11:02:20 -0000, (Barb) wrote:
>>>
>>>> http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article
>>>>
>>>> Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
>>>>
>>>> September 17, 2009
>>>>
>>>> BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
>>>> If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
>>>> it may be time for a diet.
>>>>
>>>> Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
>>>> in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.
>>>>
>>>> Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
>>>> Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
>>>> girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
>>>> (AP file)
>>>>
>>>> RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight
>>> ...
>>>
>>> Marlo's a small cat but is 12 lbs. Way too much but I give her less
>>> food than the two boys and she still gains weight. I play with her to
>>> get her moving some but she simply is going to be a fat cat.
>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>
>> Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>> feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
>>
>> The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>> of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed. I've seen
>> countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>> health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>>
>> Stop starving your cat!
>>
>> Char
>
> Would grain-free kibble make a difference?

It would be a small improvement. They replace the grain with other
carbs. Instead of pretend food why not the real thing? If you really
can't do raw feed cooked meat. That would be my second choice.

And meat is cheaper than grain free kibble.

Char

sighthounds & siberians
September 18th 09, 02:26 AM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
wrote:

>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>obesity, diabetes, and worse.

There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
such misinformation.
>
>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.

Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.

>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.

Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
is not required.

>I've seen
>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.

I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.

>Stop starving your cat!

Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!

cybercat
September 18th 09, 02:53 AM
"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
> wrote:
>
>>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>
> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
> such misinformation.

On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
"kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.

>>
>>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
>
> Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
> a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
> recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
> will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.
>
>>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.
>
> Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
> on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
> to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
> will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
> is not required.
>
>>I've seen
>>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>
> I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
> quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.
>
>>Stop starving your cat!
>
> Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!
>
>

sighthounds & siberians
September 18th 09, 03:51 AM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>
>"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>
>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>> such misinformation.
>
>On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
>freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
>dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
>feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
>them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
>"kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
>hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.

Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
that kibble dehydrates cats.

FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
wrong again.

cybercat
September 18th 09, 04:40 AM
"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>>
>>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>>> such misinformation.
>>
>>On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
>>freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
>>dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
>>free
>>feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
>>them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
>>"kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every
>>12
>>hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>
> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>
> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
> wrong again.
>

They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.

Granby
September 18th 09, 04:42 AM
I fed mine on the stuff you say is bad for 3 months in hopes of putting some
weight on her. didn't help a bi.
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>
>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>> such misinformation.
>
> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
> free feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every
> 12 hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my
> convenience.
>
>>>
>>>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>>>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as
>>>well.
>>
>> Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
>> a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
>> recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
>> will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.
>>
>>>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>>>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.
>>
>> Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
>> on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
>> to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
>> will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
>> is not required.
>>
>>>I've seen
>>>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>>>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>>
>> I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
>> quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.
>>
>>>Stop starving your cat!
>>
>> Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!
>>
>>
>
>

cybercat
September 18th 09, 04:51 AM
"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
> that kibble dehydrates cats.

You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.

sighthounds & siberians
September 18th 09, 05:06 AM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>
>"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>
>You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
>with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
>moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
>my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
>their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.

That's not evidence.

I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.

cybercat
September 18th 09, 05:12 AM
"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>
>>You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>>anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
>>delivered
>>with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
>>moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding
>>dry
>>my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>>hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands
>>in
>>their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>
> That's not evidence.
>
> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.

Do your own research.

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 05:19 AM
(crazy crossposts removed, except for the dog
and cat health groups)

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>
> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
> that kibble dehydrates cats.

I shudder to even appear to lend credence
to....oh, I won't even refer to her. It'll
make it easier.

I wouldn't say that kibble "causes" diabetes
in cats any more than I would say that french
fries and cake (mmmmm....cake) cause it in
humans. But in both cases, there certainly
*can* be a connection.

I know quite a few who's cats had diabetes
when on a commercial kibbled diet who
switched to a more species appropriate diet
and ended up with a cat with NO diabetes.

And when it comes to water, cats are really
different than dogs. They don't have the same
drive to hydrate, imo, that dogs do. SO it
becomes even more important (again, IMO) to
give them food that helps provide proper
hydration. Kibble is about as good for
hydration as crackers are to us....none. But
we have a stronger drive to quench our thirst
via drinking then cats do, so we get to eat
all the crackers we want :-)

> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
> wrong again.
>

Awesome on both counts :-)

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 05:20 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>>>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>>>> such misinformation.
>>> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
>>> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
>>> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
>>> free
>>> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
>>> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
>>> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every
>>> 12
>>> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>
>> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
>> wrong again.
>>
>
> They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
> benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.
>
>

Oh yeah, NOW I remember why I avoid the cat
ngs like the plague.

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 05:21 AM
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>
> That's not evidence.
>
> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>
>
>

Very true.

And what's with the frothing? You'd think
there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)

sighthounds & siberians
September 18th 09, 05:32 AM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
> wrote:

>sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
>>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
>>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
>>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
>>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>>
>> That's not evidence.
>>
>> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
>> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
>> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
>> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
>> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
>> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>>
>>
>>
>
>Very true.
>
>And what's with the frothing? You'd think
>there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)

It's cybercat. She's always frothing.

sighthounds & siberians
September 18th 09, 05:39 AM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:19:17 -0400, Tara Green
> wrote:


>
>> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
>> wrong again.
>>
>
>Awesome on both counts :-)

The weird thing is that she doesn't really like canned food that much,
and she's really, really picky about what canned food she will eat.
She likes about, oh, 3 flavors. I was all excited when
Canidae/Felidae came out with grain free canned in 12-can cases of 3
oz cans. She won't touch it.

She's a very contrary cat, she is.

cyberpurrs
September 18th 09, 05:52 AM
"Tara Green" > wrote in message
...
> cybercat wrote:
>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>>>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>>>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>>>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>>>>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>>>>> such misinformation.
>>>> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
>>>> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden
>>>> crap
>>>> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
>>>> free
>>>> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
>>>> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
>>>> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food
>>>> every 12
>>>> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my
>>>> convenience.
>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>
>>> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
>>> wrong again.
>>>
>>
>> They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
>> benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.
>
> Oh yeah, NOW I remember why I avoid the cat ngs like the plague.

Nobody cares.

cyberpurrs
September 18th 09, 05:53 AM
"sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
...
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
> > wrote:
>
>>sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>>>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
>>>> delivered
>>>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot
>>>> of
>>>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped
>>>> feeding dry
>>>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>>>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it
>>>> expands in
>>>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>>>
>>> That's not evidence.
>>>
>>> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
>>> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
>>> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
>>> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
>>> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
>>> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Very true.
>>
>>And what's with the frothing? You'd think
>>there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)
>
> It's cybercat. She's always frothing.
>

Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 06:44 AM
cyberpurrs wrote:
>
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>>>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>>>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>>>>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
>>>>> delivered
>>>>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a
>>>>> lot of
>>>>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped
>>>>> feeding dry
>>>>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>>>>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it
>>>>> expands in
>>>>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>>>>
>>>> That's not evidence.
>>>>
>>>> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
>>>> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
>>>> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
>>>> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
>>>> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
>>>> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Very true.
>>>
>>> And what's with the frothing? You'd think
>>> there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)
>>
>> It's cybercat. She's always frothing.
>>
>
> Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.

As opposed to your usual solo performance?

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 06:45 AM
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>
>
> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>

Well duh. That's her job!

cyberpurrs
September 18th 09, 07:29 AM
"Tara Green" > wrote in message
...
> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>
>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>>>>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>>>>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>>>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can
>>>>>> do
>>>>>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
>>>>>> delivered
>>>>>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot
>>>>>> of
>>>>>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped
>>>>>> feeding dry
>>>>>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>>>>>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it
>>>>>> expands in
>>>>>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>>>>>
>>>>> That's not evidence.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
>>>>> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
>>>>> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
>>>>> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
>>>>> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
>>>>> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Very true.
>>>>
>>>> And what's with the frothing? You'd think
>>>> there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)
>>>
>>> It's cybercat. She's always frothing.
>>>
>>
>> Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.
>
> As opposed to your usual solo performance?
>

Yes, as a matter of fact. "Tara." :)

cyberpurrs
September 18th 09, 07:33 AM
"Tara Green" <C> wrote in message ...
> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>
>
> Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 07:46 AM
cyberpurrs wrote:
>
> "Tara Green" <C> wrote in message
> ...
>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>>
>>
>> Well duh. That's her job!
>
> Yeah.

AH. Troll. Gotcha.

cybercat
September 18th 09, 08:38 AM
"Tara Green" > wrote in message
...
> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>
>> "Tara Green" <C> wrote in message
>> ...
>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>
>> Yeah.
>
> AH. Troll. Gotcha.

You bet.

Jesus, where do these idiots come from?

cybercat
September 18th 09, 08:42 AM
"Tara Green" > wrote in message
...
> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>
>> "Tara Green" <C> wrote in message
>> ...
>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>
>> Yeah.
>
> AH. Troll. Gotcha.

Green feces, alt. support.aa, and what else? Freak/

http://tinyurl.com/nfwubx

Petzl
September 18th 09, 10:38 AM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:46:53 -0400, Tara Green
> wrote:

>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>
>> Yeah.
>
>AH. Troll. Gotcha.

She's not she is just blunt and straight to the point (I suspect she's
from NY) Her advice is on the right track but you have a right not to
agree
I think if you drink enough water you will drown. Meaning if dry food
and dry food only is fed to cat it's not the best
Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
(now watch the complaints about this fact?)

Petzl

Char
September 18th 09, 10:38 AM
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
> wrote:
>
>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>
> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
> such misinformation.

Kibble is nothing but cheap carbs. Even the American Diabetes
Association now recommends a low carb diet for human diabetics.
http://www.diabetes.org/food-nutrition-lifestyle/nutrition/meal-planning/carbs-and-diabetes.jsp
Keep in mind that diabetes in humans is about omnivores while dogs and
cats are carnivores.

Carbohydrates are used for one thing only and that is energy generation.
This allows us to define a "balanced" diet, which is one where the
energy used in movement and exercise equals the energy provided by the
carbohydrates we consume.
http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/diabetes.html

However, cats and dogs have no carbohydrate requirement, they aren't
utilized. They get their energy from protein. When you feed kibble which
is primarily carbs they are eating food they can't really process and it
manifests itself as diabetes and other similar problems.


>> Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>> feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
>
> Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
> a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
> recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
> will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.

More lies from the uninformed. It does not take a lot of research to
feed raw. You balance meat, bones and organ meats. You feed as many
protein sources as possible and you ask advice from one of the countless
raw feeding groups available online now. To get started you can
literally just buy a bag of chicken leg quarters and in the time it
takes to finish it off you can be ready with the next protein source.

>
>> The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>> of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.
>
> Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
> on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
> to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
> will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
> is not required.

Well it just so happens that eating less is not the answer for pets or
people. It matters what you eat more than how much within reason.

>
>> I've seen
>> countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>> health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>
> I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
> quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.
>
>> Stop starving your cat!
>
> Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!

You are the alarmist here when you pretend that raw feeding is horribly
complicated. I suggest you go back under your rock till you catch up on
pet nutrition.

Char

Char
September 18th 09, 10:41 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>> such misinformation.
>
> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>

Good for you! Yes, dehydration is also a huge factor when feeding
kibble. Dogs and cats naturally eat food that is high in water content
and the invention of kibble changed all that around for the worse.

Char
September 18th 09, 10:45 AM
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>
> That's not evidence.
>
> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.

Dogs and cats (although cats are worse about this) get addicted to carbs
just like humans do and it can be very difficult to get them over to
something nutritionally better. That doesn't make it nutritionally
correct when it's an addiction.

Char
September 18th 09, 11:02 AM
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
> wrote:
>> Stop starving your cat!
>
> Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!
>
>

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an
uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit." Helen Keller

Robyn
September 18th 09, 11:14 AM
In article >
"cybercat" > wrote:
>
>
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
> ...
> > On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
> >>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
> >>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
> >
> > There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
> > diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
> > such misinformation.
>
> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.

Gawd! Your house and catbox must smell terrible! Cats on that
kind of diet leave the most horrible smells.

> >>
> >>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
> >>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
> >
> > Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
> > a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
> > recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
> > will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.
> >
> >>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
> >>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.
> >
> > Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
> > on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
> > to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
> > will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
> > is not required.
> >
> >>I've seen
> >>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
> >>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
> >
> > I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
> > quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.
> >
> >>Stop starving your cat!
> >
> > Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!
> >
> >

Ragner
September 18th 09, 12:02 PM
On 17 Sep 2009, (Barb) wrote:
>http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article
>
>Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
>
>September 17, 2009
>
>BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
>If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
>it may be time for a diet.
>
>Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
>in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.
>
> Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
>Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
>girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
>(AP file)
>
>RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight
>
>"Our pets are in real danger of not living as long as previous generations
>and developing serious and costly diseases such as diabetes and other
>largely avoidable conditions," said Dr. Ernie Ward, president of the
>Association for Pet Obesity Prevention based in Calabash, N.C.
>
>According to a 2008 study by the association, 7.2 million dogs are
>estimated to be obese and 26 million overweight. The number in cats is
>higher, with 15.7 million estimated to be obese and 35 million overweight.
>
>"These numbers represent a huge problem. Just as we've become a nation of
>couch potatoes, our pets have become a nation of lap potatoes -- and that's
>not good for anyone," said Ward on his Web site,
>www.petobesityprevention.com.
>
>Smaller breeds of dogs had more trouble with their weight than larger
>breeds, the study showed. Breeds such as Dachshunds, Chihuahuas, and
>Yorkshire terriers were more likely to be classified as overweight than
>Labrador retrievers, golden retrievers or German shepherds.
>
>"Smaller, indoor-only dogs tend to have more trouble maintaining a healthy
>weight because they don't get adequate exercise. Unfortunately, these are
>also the dogs we're seeing a high number of weight-related disorders in,"
>Ward said.
>
>Pet experts say excess weight causes or contributes to many painful and
>debilitating conditions such as: osteoarthritis, type 2 diabetes,
>respiratory disorders, hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease
>and many forms of cancer.
>
>To determine if your dog or cat is overweight, check the rib cage, Ward
>said. If your pet is overweight ribs will be difficult to feel under the
>fat. If the stomach sags and you can grab a handful of fat, the pet is
>overweight. Other obesity indicators are a broad and flat back or if the
>waist is barely visible or absent.
>
>If your pet is obese, go to the vet. You should never put your dog or cat
>on a diet without the assistance of your vet, according to
>www.petobesityprevention.com. There may be a medical condition causing a
>pet's excess weight. Some common diseases associated with weight gain in
>dogs include hypothyroidism and hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing's disease).
>
>"Too many dogs start on a diet and fail to lose weight simply because the
>diet wasn't the problem -- a disease was," Ward said.
>
>Celebrity pet expert Andrea Arden, who was in Chicago recently, says that
>an overweight pet is an unhealthy pet. Arden, who has written numerous pet
>training books, currently appears on three Animal Planet's shows, "Underdog
>to Wonder Dog," "Dogs 101" and "Cats 101."
>
>"It's definitely a problem and a large percentage of the pet-owning
>population has pets who are overweight due in great part to the fact that
>people often kill with kindness by indulging pets with food and treats,"
>Arden said.
>
>One of the first steps is choosing the correct food. Read the label and
>look for protein without any animal byproducts, Arden recommends. Avoid
>wheat gluten and soy artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.
>
>"Carefully research what's in the bag or can. You, and your pet, are what
>you eat," Arden said.
>
>According to www.petobesitypre vention.com, to maintain an ideal weight, a
>typical indoor 10-pound cat should get 180 to 200 calories a day. For
>indoor dogs, the daily calories are: 200 to 275 for 10-pound dogs; 325 to
>400 for 20-pound dogs and 700 to 900 for 50-pound dogs.
>
>"Make sure you don't overfeed your dog, don't feed them from the table and
>curtail the treats," Arden said.
>
>"Almost in all obesity cases, a dog doesn't have adequate fitness. They're
>home with not much to do. They need regular exercise. Don't just take the
>dog out for a walk, let them run," Arden said, noting that pet owners need
>to gradually introduce pets to exercise.
>
>For those looking for a passive way to exercise the dog while hanging out
>on the couch, Arden suggested having the canine go through a regime of
>tricks -- roll over, take a bow, sit on hind legs.
>
>"This way the pet gets physically and mentally stimulated," Arden said.
>
>Another exercise trick is to take the food you normally fit in a bowl and
>put the food in three to five food stuffable toys, Arden said. "This gives
>your dog the ability to hunt for food instead of stuffing out from one big
>bowl."

The obesity rate of dogs in France is catching up to the US, lol.

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 01:24 PM
In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

>
> They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
> benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.

Nuh-uh. Just ask Skipjack. He says that eating kibble is MUCH more
preferable an nothing to do with convenience. Of course, he gets
canned food 2x/day, 10.5 hours apart because it is better for him. He
gets a token amount of EVO (grain free and NOT inexpensive) kibble at
bedtime. Why? Because he loves it and it is still a healthy food.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 01:24 PM
In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> When I stopped feeding dry
> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.


Skipjack has never barfed. Go figure.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 01:27 PM
In article >,
sighthounds & siberians > wrote:

>
> She's a very contrary cat, she is.

How unusual! Haha!

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 01:28 PM
In article >,
Petzl > wrote:

>
> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)

My cat wouldn't touch it.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Gus Gassmann
September 18th 09, 01:43 PM
OK. Now that you turned this discussion firmly into one about cats, it
is time to take your flame war out of the dog newsgroups...

Thank you :)

cyberpurrs wrote:
>
> "Tara Green" > wrote in message
> ...
>> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>>
>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote
>>>>>>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>>>>>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>>>>> You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You
>>>>>>> can do
>>>>>>> anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
>>>>>>> delivered
>>>>>>> with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a
>>>>>>> lot of
>>>>>>> moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped
>>>>>>> feeding dry
>>>>>>> my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because
>>>>>>> they're
>>>>>>> hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it
>>>>>>> expands in
>>>>>>> their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> That's not evidence.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
>>>>>> quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
>>>>>> frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
>>>>>> that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
>>>>>> matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
>>>>>> ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Very true.
>>>>>
>>>>> And what's with the frothing? You'd think
>>>>> there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)
>>>>
>>>> It's cybercat. She's always frothing.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.
>>
>> As opposed to your usual solo performance?
>>
>
> Yes, as a matter of fact. "Tara." :)

Char
September 18th 09, 01:47 PM
Janet Boss wrote:
> In article >,
> Petzl > wrote:
>
>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>
> My cat wouldn't touch it.
>

Stop beating them and maybe they would. But seriously....

I just got a new kitten, 8 months old and he took to chicken right away.
Raw of course.

Older cats are very difficult to switch over to a better diet mainly
because kibble is mostly carbohydrates which are addictive. However,
there are a lot of people determined to feed their cats better and will
take the weeks or months needed to switch them over. It takes
determination and love is all.

Petzl
September 18th 09, 02:11 PM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:28:16 -0400, Janet Boss
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Petzl > wrote:
>
>>
>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>
>My cat wouldn't touch it.

And now you've been told

Most cats love it but cat's can get pickey

Petzl

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 02:21 PM
In article >,
Petzl > wrote:

>
> And now you've been told
>
> Most cats love it but cat's can get pickey
>
> Petzl

Skip didn't get picky, he arrived that way as a kitten. No interest in
raw anything, but not even interested in cooked chicken. My last cat
would do anything for chicken. Skip was a hard sell on canned food as
well, but we toughed it out and he finally gave in.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Granby
September 18th 09, 02:29 PM
Please don't judge us all by a few posters, we are really good people for
the most part.
"Tara Green" > wrote in message
...
> cybercat wrote:
>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>>>>>> primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>>>>>> obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>>>>> There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
>>>>> diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
>>>>> such misinformation.
>>>> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
>>>> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden
>>>> crap
>>>> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
>>>> free
>>>> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
>>>> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
>>>> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food
>>>> every 12
>>>> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my
>>>> convenience.
>>> Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
>>> that kibble dehydrates cats.
>>>
>>> FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
>>> wrong again.
>>>
>>
>> They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
>> benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.
>
> Oh yeah, NOW I remember why I avoid the cat ngs like the plague.

Petzl
September 18th 09, 02:57 PM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:21:39 -0400, Janet Boss
> wrote:

>> Most cats love it but cat's can get pickey
>>
>> Petzl
>
>Skip didn't get picky, he arrived that way as a kitten. No interest in
>raw anything, but not even interested in cooked chicken. My last cat
>would do anything for chicken. Skip was a hard sell on canned food as
>well, but we toughed it out and he finally gave in.

Mine goes off her food regularly
right now she's into Blue Vein cheese?

Petzl

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 07:23 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Tara Green" > wrote in message
> ...
>> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>> "Tara Green" <C> wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>>>>
>>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>> Yeah.
>> AH. Troll. Gotcha.
>
> Green feces, alt. support.aa, and what else? Freak/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nfwubx
>
>

Ha ha ha. I love it when people have no clue
how to interpret their own google searches.

For a troll, you're kinda stupid, eh?

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 07:23 PM
Petzl wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:46:53 -0400, Tara Green
> > wrote:
>
>>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>> Yeah.
>> AH. Troll. Gotcha.
>
> She's not she is just blunt and straight to the point (I suspect she's
> from NY) Her advice is on the right track but you have a right not to
> agree
> I think if you drink enough water you will drown. Meaning if dry food
> and dry food only is fed to cat it's not the best
> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>
> Petzl

Yup. I'm going to complain about that advice.

And I feed my cats fresh raw food.

Tara Green
September 18th 09, 07:27 PM
Granby wrote:
> Please don't judge us all by a few posters, we are really good people for
> the most part.
>

I was active in the cat ngs many years ago.

They were, on the whole, the very worse ngs I
had ever participated in.

I'm very active in both the dog (though less
so now) and cat communities in RL, and I
honestly saw (and still see) no reason to
participate in the cat ngs.

At this stage of usenet, there are far better
places to go for an honest exchange of health
and behavior information...even concerning dogs.

These days, I'm in the groups I am just for
the long standing friendships....and that was
*never* going to happen in the cat ngs back
when I was posting there.

But I'm glad you've found value there (truly,
no sarcasm in that statement).

cybercat
September 18th 09, 10:14 PM
"Char" > wrote in message
m...
> Janet Boss wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Petzl > wrote:
>>
>>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
>>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
>>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>>
>> My cat wouldn't touch it.
>>
>
> Stop beating them and maybe they would. But seriously....
>
> I just got a new kitten, 8 months old and he took to chicken right away.
> Raw of course.

lol

cybercat
September 18th 09, 10:17 PM
"Petzl" > wrote in message
>...
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:21:39 -0400, Janet Boss
> > wrote:
>
> >> Most cats love it but cat's can get pickey
> >>
> >> Petzl
> >
> >Skip didn't get picky, he arrived that way as a kitten. No interest in
> >raw anything, but not even interested in cooked chicken. My last cat
> >would do anything for chicken. Skip was a hard sell on canned food as
> >well, but we toughed it out and he finally gave in.
>
> Mine goes off her food regularly
> right now she's into Blue Vein cheese?
>

That's hilarious. My Gracey normally is not interested in any human food,
but has a dairy fetish. She shows interest in anything with dairy--a salad
with creamy dressing, yogurt, cottage cheese, or regular cheese. She blisses
out licking the bowl after the ice cream is mostly gone. And the only treats
she will eat are the Temptations with dairy flavor.

Janet Boss
September 18th 09, 11:10 PM
In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "Char" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Janet Boss wrote:
> >> In article >,
> >> Petzl > wrote:
> >>
> >>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
> >>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
> >>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
> >>
> >> My cat wouldn't touch it.
> >>
> >
> > Stop beating them and maybe they would. But seriously....
> >
> > I just got a new kitten, 8 months old and he took to chicken right away.
> > Raw of course.
>
> lol

What do you find amusing about Char? Her really bad "health" advice?
Her lies? Sorry - I must be missing some appealing feature.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Dragoman
September 19th 09, 04:13 AM
Robyn wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>>
>> I feed quality canned food every 12
>> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>
> Gawd! Your house and catbox must smell terrible! Cats on that
> kind of diet leave the most horrible smells.

Hmmm... I'd think that people who love cats, wouldn't mind a little
smell. I know I'm OK with it. Plus, my nose is not very sensitive for
those kinds of smells, and I often smell nothing, when others complain. :)
In any event, there's bigger litterboxes, with more litter, and
encouragement / training for the masters to cover their poop.

Char
September 19th 09, 04:26 AM
Janet Boss wrote:
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> "Char" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> Janet Boss wrote:
>>>> In article >,
>>>> Petzl > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
>>>>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
>>>>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>>>> My cat wouldn't touch it.
>>>>
>>> Stop beating them and maybe they would. But seriously....
>>>
>>> I just got a new kitten, 8 months old and he took to chicken right away.
>>> Raw of course.
>> lol
>
> What do you find amusing about Char? Her really bad "health" advice?
> Her lies? Sorry - I must be missing some appealing feature.
>

Yeah, you'd know nothing about being truthful and honest. I can
understand why those qualities would feel uncomfortable to you. Go back
to your nasty hurtful collars and harmful training. Better yet it would
be great if you were made to wear the collars you feel are constructive
to training. I'd love to yank that leash!

People like you end up being attacked by the animals you think you've
trained. Bad part is the animal will pay the price for teaching you half
a lesson. When you abuse dogs they sometimes want to get even. Don't
turn your back on em!

Char
September 19th 09, 04:32 AM
Tara Green wrote:
> Petzl wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:46:53 -0400, Tara Green
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>>> Yeah.
>>> AH. Troll. Gotcha.
>>
>> She's not she is just blunt and straight to the point (I suspect she's
>> from NY) Her advice is on the right track but you have a right not to
>> agree
>> I think if you drink enough water you will drown. Meaning if dry food
>> and dry food only is fed to cat it's not the best
>> Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
>> just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
>> (now watch the complaints about this fact?)
>>
>> Petzl
>
> Yup. I'm going to complain about that advice.
>
> And I feed my cats fresh raw food.

Kinda hard when you haven't had an income in 2.5 months isn't it?

Petzl
September 19th 09, 05:26 AM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:17:15 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:
>>
>> Mine goes off her food regularly
>> right now she's into Blue Vein cheese?
>>
>
>That's hilarious. My Gracey normally is not interested in any human food,
>but has a dairy fetish. She shows interest in anything with dairy--a salad
>with creamy dressing, yogurt, cottage cheese, or regular cheese. She blisses
>out licking the bowl after the ice cream is mostly gone. And the only treats
>she will eat are the Temptations with dairy flavor.
>
Yogurt the sugarless "Greek" Style (plain high fat sometimes called
European Yogurt) I find good for fixing fur ball problems, also a good
source of acidophilus. Be warned a blocked cat after a feed of this
yogurt will head for litter box quickly Disadvantages are too often
fed with yogurt is not great for teeth. once a month treat is OK (for
you use rest of Greek Yogurt, canned peaches in mango juice sprinkle
with crushed nuts)

Petzl

cyberpurrs
September 19th 09, 07:53 AM
"Dragoman" > wrote in message
...
> Robyn wrote:
>> "cybercat" > wrote:
>>>
>>> I feed quality canned food every 12
>>> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my
>>> convenience.
>>
>> Gawd! Your house and catbox must smell terrible! Cats on that kind of
>> diet leave the most horrible smells.
>
> Hmmm... I'd think that people who love cats, wouldn't mind a little
> smell. I know I'm OK with it. Plus, my nose is not very sensitive for
> those kinds of smells, and I often smell nothing, when others complain. :)
> In any event, there's bigger litterboxes, with more litter, and
> encouragement / training for the masters to cover their poop.

The idea that canned food makes for smellier litter boxes is ridiculous.

September 21st 09, 02:58 AM
On Sep 17, 6:53*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "sighthounds & siberians" > wrote in messagenews:[email protected] .com...
>
> > On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
> > wrote:
>
> >>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
> >>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
> >>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>
> > There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
> > diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
> > such misinformation.
>
> On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
> freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
> dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
> feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
> them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
> "kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
> hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>
>
>
> >>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
> >>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
>
> > Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
> > a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
> > recommended by a nutritionist. *Just throwing raw meat at your cat
> > will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.
>
> >>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
> >>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.
>
> > Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
> > on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. *It's not rocket science
> > to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
> > will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. *A special diet
> > is not required.
>
> >>I've seen
> >>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
> >>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>
> > I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
> > quality kibble. *In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.
>
> >>Stop starving your cat!
>
> > Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!

When I quit eating grains, I lost 30 pounds. And a cat is
clearly a meat eater. They have trouble detoxing most
plant toxins. Dogs do fairly well with exceptions. And
human do rather well so we pretty well handle caffeine.
The point is anyway is that carbs for a cat is wildly unnatural.
And even for humans, they aren't as healthy as conventional
health authorities assert.

One that can help a overweight or obese dog maintain
its strength in my experience is a 2000 IU dose of vitamin D3
about every other day. If human scaling works for dogs a 50
pound can likely stand 2000 IU per day during Fall and Winter
or if a house animal. It made a large difference for my
older dog. It also helps to avoid pork as well.

Dog vitamins are clearly designed for the very smallest
dogs.

My pets may not be human but some principles should
still apply............................................. .........Trig

dgk
September 21st 09, 01:37 PM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char >
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> On 17 Sep 2009 11:02:20 -0000, (Barb) wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/pets/1774140,HOF-News-EasyFat17.article
>>>
>>> Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
>>>
>>> September 17, 2009
>>>
>>> BY CELESTE BUSK Staff Reporter
>>> If your pooch is packing on the pounds or the cat waddles when she struts,
>>> it may be time for a diet.
>>>
>>> Pet obesity has emerged as a leading cause of preventable disease and death
>>> in dogs and cats, animal experts warn.
>>>
>>> Click to enlarge image An animal care technician at the Oregon Humane
>>> Society holds temporarily-named feline Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose
>>> girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food.
>>> (AP file)
>>>
>>> RELATED STORIESTips to help your pet lose weight
>> ...
>>
>> Marlo's a small cat but is 12 lbs. Way too much but I give her less
>> food than the two boys and she still gains weight. I play with her to
>> get her moving some but she simply is going to be a fat cat.
>
>As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
>primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
>obesity, diabetes, and worse.
>
>Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
>feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.
>
>The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
>of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed. I've seen
>countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
>health around merely by switching to a raw diet.
>
>Stop starving your cat!
>
>Char


None of the cats gets much in the way of dry food. Mostly wet;
Wellness Turkey or the new favorite of the group, ProPlan Chicken
(urinary health formula). Espy had some urinary blockage issues
recently so I tried the low pH, low magnesium food and much to my
surprise, all three cats like it. The vet said it's ok for all of them
to eat it so we seem to be happy.

But I give Marlo less than the other two and try to keep her from
eating their food. Believe me, she isn't starving. I do let her eat
any bugs that the catches but mostly she gives them to me.

cybercat
September 21st 09, 02:57 PM
"dgk" > wrote
> I do let her eat
> any bugs that the catches but mostly she gives them to me.

This is funny. :)

Phil P.
September 23rd 09, 05:00 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
...

I tried the low pH, low magnesium food and much to my
> surprise, all three cats like it. The vet said it's ok for all of them
> to eat it

You might want to get a second opinion on that. Low pH (urine-acidifying)
and magnesium-restricted diets predispose cats to calcium oxalate- which is
much more difficult to manage and much more dangerous than struvite.
Unnecessary chronic acidification is risky business because it can lead to
metabolic acidosis and potassium depletion which can have deleterious
effects on renal function.

Tara Green
September 23rd 09, 06:54 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "dgk" > wrote in message
> ...
>
> I tried the low pH, low magnesium food and much to my
>> surprise, all three cats like it. The vet said it's ok for all of them
>> to eat it
>
> You might want to get a second opinion on that. Low pH (urine-acidifying)
> and magnesium-restricted diets predispose cats to calcium oxalate- which is
> much more difficult to manage and much more dangerous than struvite.
> Unnecessary chronic acidification is risky business because it can lead to
> metabolic acidosis and potassium depletion which can have deleterious
> effects on renal function.
>
>

Absolutely agree.

Making wure the urine is *balanced* AND
feeding a healthy diet is a better idea than
giving a diet that potentially creates an
opposite, but as critical, an issue.

John Doe
September 30th 09, 08:04 AM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Tara Green" <jellybeancomfort hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:7hgon8F2tqvj7U3 mid.individual.net...
>> cyberpurrs wrote:
>>>
>>> "Tara Green" <C> wrote in message
>>> news:7hgl3kF2tmq60U3 mid.individual.net...
>>>> sighthounds & siberians wrote:
>>>>> She's a very contrary cat, she is.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Well duh. That's her job!
>>>
>>> Yeah.
>>
>> AH. Troll. Gotcha.
>
> Green feces, alt. support.aa, and what else? Freak/

Freak? That is some serious hypocrisy, JudgedMental.






























--
> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com! npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-media.com!newsfe16.iad.POSTED!bd088a30!not-for-mail
> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <20090917110518.257E438036 smtp.gabrix.ath.cx> <tk84b5dqvfp6gi15je9dif8ukfdqm04c1p 4ax.com> <ocKdnY64HbCu7i_XnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d earthlink.com> <uqn5b51l9qn6shdsgor5rfl6c22anub7a2 4ax.com> <1LBsm.37166$u76.27719 newsfe10.iad> <t9t5b5t328d5leblgpvj8v7om7inl5dont 4ax.com> <7hgg2hF2tomtfU1 mid.individual.net> <4j36b5p42fjvsifd2cvfh55cqcqp68otcv 4ax.com> <7hgl3kF2tmq60U3 mid.individual.net> <MQFsm.43616$ec2.39344 newsfe13.iad> <7hgon8F2tqvj7U3 mid.individual.net>
> Subject: Re: Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death
> Lines: 22
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
> X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
> Message-ID: <sRGsm.184086$cf6.33250 newsfe16.iad>
> X-Complaints-To: abuse teranews.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:42:16 UTC
> Organization: TeraNews.com
> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 03:42:22 -0400
>
>

John Doe
September 30th 09, 08:10 AM
"cyberpurrs" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Dragoman" <dragoman moodragon.net.invalid> wrote in message
> news:h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-september.org...
>> Robyn wrote:
>>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I feed quality canned food every 12 hours because I care
>>>> about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>>>
>>> Gawd! Your house and catbox must smell terrible! Cats on
>>> that kind of diet leave the most horrible smells.
>>
>> Hmmm... I'd think that people who love cats, wouldn't mind
>> a little
>> smell. I know I'm OK with it. Plus, my nose is not very
>> sensitive for those kinds of smells, and I often smell nothing,
>> when others complain. :)
>> In any event, there's bigger litterboxes, with more litter,
>> and
>> encouragement / training for the masters to cover their poop.
>
> The idea that canned food makes for smellier litter boxes is
> ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than saying that all dry food is bad for cats,
JudgeMental, you asshole.


























--
> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com!
npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-
me.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad.highwinds-media.com!
newsfe15.iad.POSTED!ac5e6aee!not-for-mail
> From: "cyberpurrs" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <20090917110518.257E438036 smtp.gabrix.ath.cx>
<tk84b5dqvfp6gi15je9dif8ukfdqm04c1p 4ax.com>
<ocKdnY64HbCu7i_XnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d earthlink.com>
<uqn5b51l9qn6shdsgor5rfl6c22anub7a2 4ax.com> <1LBsm.37166
$u76.27719 newsfe10.iad> <c42c8dc471618bb317d232d19fa562e3
msgid.frell.theremailer.net> <h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-
september.org>
> In-Reply-To: <h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-september.org>
> Subject: Re: Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for
diseases, death
> Lines: 21
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=response
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
> Message-ID: <0e%sm.435389$Ta5.288949 newsfe15.iad>
> X-Complaints-To: abuse teranews.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:53:48 UTC
> Organization: TeraNews.com
> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:53:48 -0400
>
>

cybercat
September 30th 09, 10:01 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "cyberpurrs" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "Dragoman" <dragoman moodragon.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-september.org...
>>> Robyn wrote:
>>>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> I feed quality canned food every 12 hours because I care
>>>>> about my cats more than I care about my convenience.
>>>>
>>>> Gawd! Your house and catbox must smell terrible! Cats on
>>>> that kind of diet leave the most horrible smells.
>>>
>>> Hmmm... I'd think that people who love cats, wouldn't mind
>>> a little
>>> smell. I know I'm OK with it. Plus, my nose is not very
>>> sensitive for those kinds of smells, and I often smell nothing,
>>> when others complain. :)
>>> In any event, there's bigger litterboxes, with more litter,
>>> and
>>> encouragement / training for the masters to cover their poop.
>>
>> The idea that canned food makes for smellier litter boxes is
>> ridiculous.
>
> No more ridiculous than saying that all dry food is bad for cats,
> JudgeMental, you asshole.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>> Path: news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com!
> npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-
> me.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad.highwinds-media.com!
> newsfe15.iad.POSTED!ac5e6aee!not-for-mail
>> From: "cyberpurrs" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
>> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> References: <20090917110518.257E438036 smtp.gabrix.ath.cx>
> <tk84b5dqvfp6gi15je9dif8ukfdqm04c1p 4ax.com>
> <ocKdnY64HbCu7i_XnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d earthlink.com>
> <uqn5b51l9qn6shdsgor5rfl6c22anub7a2 4ax.com> <1LBsm.37166
> $u76.27719 newsfe10.iad> <c42c8dc471618bb317d232d19fa562e3
> msgid.frell.theremailer.net> <h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-
> september.org>
>> In-Reply-To: <h91i8h$ns1$1 news.eternal-september.org>
>> Subject: Re: Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for
> diseases, death
>> Lines: 21
>> MIME-Version: 1.0
>> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=response
>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>> X-Priority: 3
>> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
>> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
>> Message-ID: <0e%sm.435389$Ta5.288949 newsfe15.iad>
>> X-Complaints-To: abuse teranews.com
>> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:53:48 UTC
>> Organization: TeraNews.com
>> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:53:48 -0400
>>
>>


Off your meds again Mark? Shall we have another go round?