PDA

View Full Version : Too Clingy, Ugh

ensoul[_2_]
September 29th 09, 11:18 PM
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both love
attention I can't sit down without having one them sometimes both of
them in my lap However there's a big difference btwn the two

Rudy will sit on lap let me pet and happily purr away

Moe will get lap start out by sitting (I always praise him when he
sits on my lap) the next is what I dislike he tries climp up me until
his face is in mine and if I let Moe will stay this way

also know they are big guy both weighing in at 16 lbs a piece...the
vet assured they're not over weight just big cats, they have super
long hair and orange colored

if Moe is in my lap and I have to get up for something he follow me
around the second I stop he starts pawing my side then sits on his
rear and can reach my butt won't stop until I acknowlede him...he does
even without being in my lap

there are allowed in my bdrm during the day (I have to keep the door
open as it gets too cold in there if I don't) not when I sleep
though...because they race around all night & keep me up...Moe will
saty at my bdrm door meowing & straching at it...all night if I don't
stop him....I scare him by pounding on the other side of the door

How do curtail a cat thats too clingy?

ensoul

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he
is hollering about.
~Mark Twain

John Doe
September 30th 09, 07:34 AM
ensoul > wrote:

> I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
> love attention I can't sit down without having one them
> sometimes both of them in my lap

> ... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

ensoul[_2_]
September 30th 09, 07:40 PM
On Sep 30, 2:34*am, John Doe > wrote:
> ensoul > wrote:
> > I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
> > love attention I can't sit down without having one them
> > sometimes both of them in my lap
> > ... they race around all night
>
> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
> exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

jmc
October 1st 09, 08:55 PM
Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (9/30/2009 2:40 PM):
> On Sep 30, 2:34 am, John Doe > wrote:
>> ensoul > wrote:
>>> I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
>>> love attention I can't sit down without having one them
>>> sometimes both of them in my lap
>>> ... they race around all night
>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>> exercise. Sounds great.
>
> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
> is, drives me up the wall

Get used to it :) Meep was clingy as a kitten, and here 13.5 years
later, she's still clingy. Just learn to appreciate that your cats love
you that much.

On the occasions when Meep is just way to demanding and I want some me
time, I just hiss or growl at her a little and she gets the message.
Normally I only have to do that on weekend mornings when she wants to
insist I get up at the same time (4:30am) that I do on weekends. Um, NO.

jmc

FirstHit
October 1st 09, 11:10 PM
On Oct 1, 12:55*pm, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (9/30/2009 2:40 PM):

> >> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
> >> exercise. Sounds great.
>
> > no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
> > is, drives me up the wall
>
> Get used to it :) *Meep was clingy as a kitten, and here 13.5 years
> later, she's still clingy. *Just learn to appreciate that your cats love
> you that much.
>
> On the occasions when Meep is just way to demanding and I want some me
> time, I just hiss or growl at her a little and she gets the message.
> Normally I only have to do that on weekend mornings when she wants to
> insist I get up at the same time (4:30am) that I do on weekends. *Um, NO.

A cat can be potentially more affectionate that I'd prefer, but I'd
rather have too much affection than too little. I think it's easier
to tone things down a bit with a cat than the other way around. For
example, my cat used to wake me up in the morning for affection, and
I'd put her out of my room for that. After only a few mornings of
that, she got the message.

FirstHit

Gandalf
October 1st 09, 11:21 PM
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:31 -0700 (PDT), ensoul >
wrote:

>On Sep 30, 2:34*am, John Doe > wrote:
>> ensoul > wrote:
>> > I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
>> > love attention I can't sit down without having one them
>> > sometimes both of them in my lap
>> > ... they race around all night
>>
>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>> exercise. Sounds great.
>
>no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>is, drives me up the wall

I would be very happy to have a 'clingy cat' such as Moe.

My Calico cat is very sweet, but very independent.

It might be possible to 'tone down' Moe's affection a bit using a squirt
bottle, but that is most certainly NOT something I would ever do.

Being affectionate is not being 'bad' and 'punishing' your cat for
loving you too much seems intuitively wrong, IMHO.

cybercat
October 2nd 09, 12:56 AM
"Gandalf" > wrote

> I would be very happy to have a 'clingy cat' such as Moe.
>
> My Calico cat is very sweet, but very independent.
>
> It might be possible to 'tone down' Moe's affection a bit using a squirt
> bottle, but that is most certainly NOT something I would ever do.
>
> Being affectionate is not being 'bad' and 'punishing' your cat for
> loving you too much seems intuitively wrong, IMHO.

I had a cat who loved me but hated being touched for 18 years. I LOVE my
current "puppycat" who cannot get enough pettings or brushings. She would
rather be loved on than eat. If I were "ensoul" I might wait to see if Moe
takes to a friend or visitor, and find him a home with someone who likes a
lot of affection. It is clearly wasted on her.

Evangelical Eddie
October 2nd 09, 03:17 AM
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:31 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
> wrote:

>On Sep 30, 2:34*am, John Doe > wrote:
>> ensoul > wrote:
>> > I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
>> > love attention I can't sit down without having one them
>> > sometimes both of them in my lap
>> > ... they race around all night
>>
>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>> exercise. Sounds great.
>
>no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>is, drives me up the wall

Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes in this
group who apparently think cats should own people. Don't get me
wrong, I love cats, but dammit, there's a limit, people. For example,
note the completely non-responsive "answer" you received above.

As for your overly affectionate and demanding cat, you may have to put
him up in a room to himself at nights to keep down the disruption. Be
sure to leave him some food, water, and a litter box. Cats are there
at our discretion. The people giving you an attitude should be
thanking you for putting up with the problem cat, rather than pushing
the animal off onto a shelter or out into the street.

cyberpurrs
October 2nd 09, 04:14 AM
"Evangelical Eddie" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:31 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
> > wrote:

>>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>>> exercise. Sounds great.
>>
>>no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>>is, drives me up the wall
>
> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
> decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having an
affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.

Don't agree? Offer some advice.

Everyone is a ****ing critic.

Evangelical Eddie
October 2nd 09, 04:25 AM
On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:14:27 -0400, "cyberpurrs" >
wrote:

>"Evangelical Eddie" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:31 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
>> > wrote:

>>>no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>>>is, drives me up the wall
>>
>> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
>> decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
>
>Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having an
>affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.

A consensus by a bunch of self-righteous idiots? I'd hardly call that
convincing. The owner has a problem with a cat, and several stupid
pricks here try to tell the owner it's not really a problem. Huh? Are
you living in the OP's home? Where the **** do you people get off
passing judgment on the OP for trying to resolve a real problem with
their cat?

>Don't agree? Offer some advice.

I did. You conveniently snipped it out.

>Everyone is a ****ing critic.

Or like you, a ****ing idiot.

This group is a complete waste of disk space, because it's inhabited
by a bunch on nonsensical loonies.

Ensoul, always ask your vet for advice. These mentally unhinged
people who live in this group are a complete waste of time and effort.

FirstHit
October 2nd 09, 05:53 AM
On Sep 30, 11:40*am, ensoul > wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2:34*am, John Doe > wrote:
>
> > ensoul > wrote:
> > > I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
> > > love attention I can't sit down without having one them
> > > sometimes both of them in my lap
> > > ... they race around all night
>
> > You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
> > exercise. Sounds great.
>
> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
> is, drives me up the wall

Are you sure the cats aren't bored? Making sure the cats have plenty
of toys and access to interesting things (like windows, etc.) should
help if boredom is all or part of the reason Moe seeks you out all the
time.

FirstHit

Evangelical Eddie
October 2nd 09, 07:17 AM
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:49:48 -0400, "cyberpurrs" >
wrote:

>> Ensoul, always ask your vet for advice. These mentally unhinged
>> people who live in this group are a complete waste of time and effort.
>
>Brilliant. Bet you have a little tiny stiffy. lol

So, how old are you, 13?

Thank you for proving my statement better than I ever could, you
idiot.

cyberpurrs
October 2nd 09, 07:21 AM
"Evangelical Eddie" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:49:48 -0400, "cyberpurrs" >
> wrote:
>
>>> Ensoul, always ask your vet for advice. These mentally unhinged
>>> people who live in this group are a complete waste of time and effort.
>>
>>Brilliant. Bet you have a little tiny stiffy. lol
>
> So, how old are you, 13?
>
> Thank you for proving my statement better than I ever could, you
> idiot.

You're welcome. :)

jmc
October 2nd 09, 09:33 PM
Suddenly, without warning, FirstHit exclaimed (10/2/2009 12:53 AM):
> On Sep 30, 11:40 am, ensoul > wrote:

>>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>>> exercise. Sounds great.
>> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>> is, drives me up the wall
>
> Are you sure the cats aren't bored? Making sure the cats have plenty
> of toys and access to interesting things (like windows, etc.) should
> help if boredom is all or part of the reason Moe seeks you out all the
> time.
>
> FirstHit

Well, not bad advice, but that doesn't work for my clingy cat. She
likes to play with toys, but only if I'm at the other end of 'em or
working them. She doesn't do solitary play, silly thing.

jmc

jmc
October 2nd 09, 09:47 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Evangelical Eddie exclaimed (10/1/2009 10:17 PM):
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:31 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
> > wrote:

>>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>>> exercise. Sounds great.
>> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
>> is, drives me up the wall
>
> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
> decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
> There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes in this
> group who apparently think cats should own people. Don't get me
> wrong, I love cats, but dammit, there's a limit, people. For example,
> note the completely non-responsive "answer" you received above.
>
> As for your overly affectionate and demanding cat, you may have to put
> him up in a room to himself at nights to keep down the disruption. Be
> sure to leave him some food, water, and a litter box. Cats are there
> at our discretion. The people giving you an attitude should be
> thanking you for putting up with the problem cat, rather than pushing
> the animal off onto a shelter or out into the street.

Excuse me, but I did offer advice, and Moe isn't a "problem" cat.
Isolating a cat that is insecure enough to be that clingy isn't good
advice - my cat actually gets depressed and goes off her feed if she
doesn't get sufficient affection. She can actually stress enough to
have a cystitis attack, if I'm too busy with other things to have time
for her. So, I deal, and make the time.

My cat's been clingy since day one, and I've been training her since
then, so she's already trained to ask to sit on my lap, and she response
well to a hiss or a growl if she's out of bounds. Cats are trainable,
they're just not as easy to train as dogs, they can be very stubborn,
you have to be more stubborn than they are. Give an inch, and they'll
take a mile. That's why so many of us are owned by our cats :)

She's still clingy, but she knows her bounds, and I know her limits. I
give her some lap time every day to keep her from getting depressed - I
have enough trouble keeping weight on her as it is.

Like people, it's a personality trait. Ensoul might be able to teach
'em to lay off a bit by being firm and consistent with putting them off
his lap or not letting them on in the first place, but that's going to
be hard to do with what sounds like entrenched behavior.

Ensoul, have you tried just letting Moe sit on your lap, but rebuffing
any attempts to get you to pet him? Meep's funny, she generally leaves
once I stop petting her, or tell her to stop demanding. I "tell" her by
hiding my hands (she fixates on them), or bopping her gently when she
head-butts my hand. If that doesn't work, that's when I'll growl or
hiss quietly, and that always works to get her to back off.

Something else you might try is set a nice blanket on the couch behind
your head, and when you don't want them on your lap, set them there,
then pet and praise. You'll have to repeat that a lot because cats are
very stubborn. Meep spends a lot of time there if I'm reading or eating
and don't want her on my lap.

Oh, fwiw, if we were all narcissistic assholes, we'd all be ignoring our
cats or locking them in rooms all alone, rather than allowing them run
our lives :) You can't be a narcissist and give someone else control!

jmc

ensoul[_2_]
October 3rd 09, 02:17 AM
On Oct 2, 12:53*am, FirstHit > wrote:
> On Sep 30, 11:40*am, ensoul > wrote:

> > > You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
> > > exercise. Sounds great.
>
> > no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
> > is, drives me up the wall
>
> Are you sure the cats aren't bored? Making sure the cats have plenty
> of toys and access to interesting things (like windows, etc.) should
> help if boredom is all or part of the reason Moe seeks you out all the
> time.
>
> FirstHit

OMG they toys, plenty of toys and yes I do roatate them..it's hard for
me to play with them due to chronic pain..Moe (the clingy) becomes
very passive when I do play with Rudy jumps out and takes
control...though they are brothers Rudy is the dominate cat I didn't
they had a heirarchy like dogs do?? And at night Rudy will stalk
Moeliterally I mean he stalks Moe, Moe tries to hide from him...Rudy
will even jump on top of Moe hold him & bite his neck--when I get up
it often it looks like a party was held; lamps knocked, magazines &
books knocked of the end table now on the floor, my shoes one in the
living room the other in the kicthen
no party it's Rudy going after Moe

ensoul

cybercat
October 3rd 09, 05:19 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> [...]
> attempts to get you to pet him? Meep's funny, she generally leaves once I
> stop petting her, or tell her to stop demanding. I "tell" her by hiding
> my hands (she fixates on them), or bopping her gently when she head-butts
> my hand. If that doesn't work, that's when I'll growl or hiss quietly,
> and that always works to get her to back off.
>
> Something else you might try is set a nice blanket on the couch behind
> your head, and when you don't want them on your lap, set them there, then
> pet and praise. You'll have to repeat that a lot because cats are very
> stubborn. Meep spends a lot of time there if I'm reading or eating and
> don't want her on my lap.
>
> Oh, fwiw, if we were all narcissistic assholes, we'd all be ignoring our
> cats or locking them in rooms all alone, rather than allowing them run our
> lives :) You can't be a narcissist and give someone else control!

Ed's a dude with an axe to grind. No doubt some cat-abusing asshole who
didn't like an answer he received here. **** him.

Cheryl[_3_]
October 3rd 09, 08:05 PM
"cyberpurrs" > wrote in message

> "Evangelical Eddie" > wrote in message

>> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
>> decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
>
> Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having an
> affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.
>
> Don't agree? Offer some advice.
>
> Everyone is a ****ing critic.

I've had to quit reading Ensoul's posts because she posts the same
complaints all the time and while I feel for her and her situation, nothing
anyone here can say is going to help her. I don't think she should have
Rudy and Moe but now that she does, I at least applaud her for not dumping
them. I really had wished after her last post about having to give them up
that she would have found them a good home. I guess not. :(

cybercat
October 3rd 09, 09:50 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> "cyberpurrs" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Evangelical Eddie" > wrote in message
>
>>> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
>>> decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
>>
>> Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having
>> an affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.
>>
>> Don't agree? Offer some advice.
>>
>> Everyone is a ****ing critic.
>
> I've had to quit reading Ensoul's posts because she posts the same
> complaints all the time and while I feel for her and her situation,
> nothing anyone here can say is going to help her. I don't think she
> should have Rudy and Moe but now that she does, I at least applaud her for
> not dumping them. I really had wished after her last post about having to
> give them up that she would have found them a good home. I guess not. :(

I know. After all of her piteous whining about not being able to keep them
because the apartment place said she could only have one, etc. etc. etc.,
she now complains because Moe is too "clingy, Ugh." Stupid bitch.

Evangelical Eddie
October 4th 09, 06:49 AM
On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 00:19:39 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> [...]
>> stop petting her, or tell her to stop demanding. I "tell" her by hiding
>> my hands (she fixates on them), or bopping her gently when she head-butts
>> my hand. If that doesn't work, that's when I'll growl or hiss quietly,
>> and that always works to get her to back off.
>>
>> Something else you might try is set a nice blanket on the couch behind
>> your head, and when you don't want them on your lap, set them there, then
>> pet and praise. You'll have to repeat that a lot because cats are very
>> stubborn. Meep spends a lot of time there if I'm reading or eating and
>> don't want her on my lap.
>>
>> Oh, fwiw, if we were all narcissistic assholes, we'd all be ignoring our
>> cats or locking them in rooms all alone, rather than allowing them run our
>> lives :) You can't be a narcissist and give someone else control!
>>

>Ed's a dude with an axe to grind. No doubt some cat-abusing asshole who

Just another example of your self-righteousness, ****-wit. If someone
disagrees with the attitudes some display in this group (yours in
particular), then they must be a "cat abuser," right? No, there are
people who are just fed up with your faux rage and abuse of people who
come to this group to ask legitimate questions. Instead of offering
legitimate help, all too frequently you find ways to blame the owner
for something you think (usually without any cause) they have done
wrong. **** you, Cyber-pussy, and the horse you rode in on.

And for the record, I've NEVER posted for advice here, because I've
owned cats ALL MY LIFE and know how to treat them. I just during my
time lurking here, I got fed up with seeing your ****ty attitude in
this group on an almost daily basis.

Evangelical Eddie
October 4th 09, 07:04 AM
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:47:27 -0400, jmc
> wrote:

>> There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes in this
>> group who apparently think cats should own people.

>Oh, fwiw, if we were all narcissistic assholes, we'd all be ignoring our
>cats or locking them in rooms all alone, rather than allowing them run
>our lives :) You can't be a narcissist and give someone else control!

Just wondering, how did you manage to make the convoluted leap of
logic to connect the two statements above? I mean, since when does "a
number" become "all?"

As for being narcissistic, yes, some of these assholes like
Cyber-pussy are. A cat isn't "someone else." It's an animal. The
rants and ravings of people like Cyber-pussy are nothing more than a
lame ass attempt to berate others for asking legitimate questions by
dumping a "holier than thou" attitude onto them. It's a warped way of
trying to control and intimidate people who ask legitimate questions
in this group.

On some level, you must have agreed with me, because you went from
"Just learn to appreciate that your cats love you that much" to giving
some actual usable advice.

No Name
October 5th 09, 12:11 PM
Your clingy cat probably loves you to bit, give him a ten minute stroke
every hour! ;-] also my Usenet experience is much nicer now, I don't read
the 'nasty' unproductive posts. kill file is my chum, the main insulters and
the foul mouthed few, have been dumped from a few months back...
I only see them when quoted.

MLB[_2_]
October 7th 09, 05:41 PM
wrote:
> Your clingy cat probably loves you to bit, give him a ten minute stroke
> every hour! ;-] also my Usenet experience is much nicer now, I don't
> read the 'nasty' unproductive posts. kill file is my chum, the main
> insulters and the foul mouthed few, have been dumped from a few months
> back...
> I only see them when quoted.

That is really an improvement. MLB

John Doe
April 8th 10, 06:58 AM
Evangelical Eddie <evangelical eddie.jebus> wrote:

> ensoul <ensoul98 verizon.net> wrote:
>> John Doe <j... usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

>>> You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
>>> exercise. Sounds great.
>>
>> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy
>> and he is, drives me up the wall
>
> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to
> get decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to
> a wall. There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic
> assholes in this group who apparently think cats should own
> people. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but dammit, there's a
> limit, people. For example, note the completely non-responsive
> "answer" you received above.

Wow. What an asshole. I was not trying to solve the guy's problem,
I was more or less trying to lighten his day. There certainly was
nothing in what I said that the asshole ****turd Eddie could have
misconstrued for anything offensive.
--

> As for your overly affectionate and demanding cat, you may have to put
> him up in a room to himself at nights to keep down the disruption. Be
> sure to leave him some food, water, and a litter box. Cats are there
> at our discretion. The people giving you an attitude should be
> thanking you for putting up with the problem cat, rather than pushing
> the animal off onto a shelter or out into the street.

> From: Evangelical Eddie <evangelical eddie.jebus>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Too Clingy, Ugh
> Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:17:50 -0400

Evangelical Eddie
April 13th 10, 03:10 AM
On 08 Apr 2010 05:58:38 GMT, John Doe > wrote:

>Evangelical Eddie <evangelical eddie.jebus> wrote:
>
>> ensoul <ensoul98 verizon.net> wrote:

>>> no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy
>>> and he is, drives me up the wall
>>
>> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to
>> get decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to
>> a wall. There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic
>> assholes in this group who apparently think cats should own
>> people. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but dammit, there's a
>> limit, people. For example, note the completely non-responsive
>> "answer" you received above.
>
>Wow. What an asshole. I was not trying to solve the guy's problem,
>I was more or less trying to lighten his day. There certainly was
>nothing in what I said that the asshole ****turd Eddie could have
>misconstrued for anything offensive.

You wait over SIX MONTHS to reply and then all you can do is misquote
what I posted? Since when was anyone said to be 'offended'? You
admit you didn't give the OP usuable advice towards his problem, so
what's your ****ing beef? Your post was non-responsive to the
question asked, which is exactly what I said. End of story.

And then you add that stupid ass cross post group. I mean, just how
trollish can you get?

John Doe
April 16th 10, 06:46 AM
Evangelical Eddie <evangelical eddie.jebus> wrote:

> John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>> Evangelical Eddie <evangelical eddie.jebus> wrote:

>>> Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying
>>> to get decent advice in this group is like trying to nail
>>> Jello to a wall. There are a number of self-absorbed,
>>> narcissistic assholes in this group who apparently think cats
>>> should own people. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but
>>> dammit, there's a limit, people. For example, note the
>>> completely non-responsive "answer" you received above.
>>
>> Wow. What an asshole. I was not trying to solve the guy's
>> problem, I was more or less trying to lighten his day. There
>> certainly was nothing in what I said that the asshole ****turd
>> Eddie could have misconstrued for anything offensive.
>
> You wait over SIX MONTHS to reply

There is no time limit.

> and then all you can do is misquote what I posted?

You another brain cell and a pair of glasses, Dude.
I quoted an entire paragraph, half of what you wrote.

> Since when was anyone said to be 'offended'? You admit you
> didn't give the OP usuable advice towards his problem

When I wrote was not an admission, Asshole Eddie.

> so what's your ****ing beef?

My beef is with your mother, Asshole Eddie.

Sometimes a benign reply draws attention to the original post.
In fact, mine is the only direct reply.

> which is exactly what I said. End of story.

If only you were king...