PDA

View Full Version : laxatone & hairball Q's

ensoul[_2_]
October 3rd 09, 02:31 AM
Moe and Rudy have super long hair to the point that when wake up
they're clumps of their hair all around the rug and it even gets into
my cupboards in the kictchen (they can't get into them!) so regular
hairball stuff doesn't work on them

though they're brothers and almost identical Moe has more fur and his
coat is much thicker, so he so much more hairballs than Rudy and do
mean much more than double the amnt

they both hate hairball onitment my friend told me abt laxatone& she
said she mixes right in the food
would you mix in dry or canned??

I was surpised when Rudy licked right off my finger tried with Moe he
sniffed then ran away I had to hold down a 17 lb cat then rub it on
his paw, Ugh

what is best way to get cats to take hairballs ointment??
Laxatone is much sticker & gooey than OTC (over the counter) stuff for
hairballs that factors into how I can admisnister (sp)

much appreciate you advice
and it's good see this group isn't beeing flooded with spam like it
was

ensoul

I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to
be.
~Whoopi Goldberg

MaryL
October 3rd 09, 03:21 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
> Moe and Rudy have super long hair to the point that when wake up
> they're clumps of their hair all around the rug and it even gets into
> my cupboards in the kictchen (they can't get into them!) so regular
> hairball stuff doesn't work on them
>
> though they're brothers and almost identical Moe has more fur and his
> coat is much thicker, so he so much more hairballs than Rudy and do
> mean much more than double the amnt
>
> they both hate hairball onitment my friend told me abt laxatone& she
> said she mixes right in the food
> would you mix in dry or canned??
>
> I was surpised when Rudy licked right off my finger tried with Moe he
> sniffed then ran away I had to hold down a 17 lb cat then rub it on
> his paw, Ugh
>
> what is best way to get cats to take hairballs ointment??
> Laxatone is much sticker & gooey than OTC (over the counter) stuff for
> hairballs that factors into how I can admisnister (sp)
>
> much appreciate you advice
> and it's good see this group isn't beeing flooded with spam like it
> was
>
> ensoul
>

> I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to
> be.
> ~Whoopi Goldberg

I use Laxatone for Holly and Duffy. I mix it in *very* well into canned cat
food. Mine will not eat it if clumps remain, but they will eat it if it is
thoroughly mixed into their regular canned food. I use Wellness. Please
avoid dry food.

MaryL

cybercat
October 3rd 09, 08:37 AM

> "ensoul" > wrote in message
>> Moe and Rudy have super long hair to the point that when wake up
>> they're clumps of their hair all around the rug and it even gets into
>> my cupboards in the kictchen (they can't get into them!) so regular
>> hairball stuff doesn't work on them
>>
>> though they're brothers and almost identical Moe has more fur and his
>> coat is much thicker, so he so much more hairballs than Rudy and do
>> mean much more than double the amnt
>>
>> they both hate hairball onitment my friend told me abt laxatone& she
>> said she mixes right in the food
>> would you mix in dry or canned??
>>
>> I was surpised when Rudy licked right off my finger tried with Moe he
>> sniffed then ran away I had to hold down a 17 lb cat then rub it on
>> his paw, Ugh
>>
>> what is best way to get cats to take hairballs ointment??
>> Laxatone is much sticker & gooey than OTC (over the counter) stuff for
>> hairballs that factors into how I can admisnister (sp)
>>
>> much appreciate you advice
>> and it's good see this group isn't beeing flooded with spam like it
>> was
>>
>> ensoul
>>

>> I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to
>> be.
>> ~Whoopi Goldberg
>>

> I use Laxatone for Holly and Duffy. I mix it in *very* well into canned
> cat food. Mine will not eat it if clumps remain, but they will eat it if
> it is thoroughly mixed into their regular canned food. I use Wellness.
> Please avoid dry food.

Mary, surely you rememeber "ensoul" from over the years. First emergencies
because she could not feed her cats, then something about the place she
lived forcing her to get rid of one cat, then posts about how brushing is
not enough to control her cat's shedding, etc. The message seems to be, "I
have a problem and it just cannot be solved." Like a cat who is "too
clingy." Horse ****. I have her kfed for good reason. I feel sorry for these
cats. I believe they might be better off if she gave them the attention she
lavishes on Usenet.

MaryL
October 3rd 09, 12:25 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>
>> "ensoul" > wrote in message
>>> Moe and Rudy have super long hair to the point that when wake up
>>> they're clumps of their hair all around the rug and it even gets into
>>> my cupboards in the kictchen (they can't get into them!) so regular
>>> hairball stuff doesn't work on them
>>>
>>> though they're brothers and almost identical Moe has more fur and his
>>> coat is much thicker, so he so much more hairballs than Rudy and do
>>> mean much more than double the amnt
>>>
>>> they both hate hairball onitment my friend told me abt laxatone& she
>>> said she mixes right in the food
>>> would you mix in dry or canned??
>>>
>>> I was surpised when Rudy licked right off my finger tried with Moe he
>>> sniffed then ran away I had to hold down a 17 lb cat then rub it on
>>> his paw, Ugh
>>>
>>> what is best way to get cats to take hairballs ointment??
>>> Laxatone is much sticker & gooey than OTC (over the counter) stuff for
>>> hairballs that factors into how I can admisnister (sp)
>>>
>>> much appreciate you advice
>>> and it's good see this group isn't beeing flooded with spam like it
>>> was
>>>
>>> ensoul
>>>

>>> I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to
>>> be.
>>> ~Whoopi Goldberg
>>>

>> I use Laxatone for Holly and Duffy. I mix it in *very* well into canned
>> cat food. Mine will not eat it if clumps remain, but they will eat it if
>> it is thoroughly mixed into their regular canned food. I use Wellness.
>> Please avoid dry food.
>>

> Mary, surely you rememeber "ensoul" from over the years. First emergencies
> because she could not feed her cats, then something about the place she
> lived forcing her to get rid of one cat, then posts about how brushing is
> not enough to control her cat's shedding, etc. The message seems to be, "I
> have a problem and it just cannot be solved." Like a cat who is "too
> clingy." Horse ****. I have her kfed for good reason. I feel sorry for
> these cats. I believe they might be better off if she gave them the
> attention she lavishes on Usenet.

Ah! That's right. Thanks for the memory booster. I was a bit startled
that someone would complain about a cat being "too clingy" but still didn't
put 2+2 together.

Thanks,
MaryL