PDA

View Full Version : He's my boy

Mark Edwards
October 15th 09, 06:00 PM
Most of the time when Little Boy wants in, he won't let Senyah let him in
- he waits until I come to the door.

In those cases where he does come in, he gallops to the bedroom, where I
am usually at the desk, and jumps in my lap, purrs, and kneads my tummy
(ow, ow, ow). Even before eating crunchies! Must be love (grin).

Although last night, he punched me in the eye. If it blackens (not likely)
imagine having to tell an interviewer "my cat punched me" (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

NettieCat
October 15th 09, 07:09 PM
On 15 Oct, 18:00, Mark Edwards > wrote:
> Most of the time when Little Boy wants in, he won't let Senyah let him in
> - he waits until I come to the door.
>
> In those cases where he does come in, he gallops to the bedroom, where I
> am usually at the desk, and jumps in my lap, purrs, and kneads my tummy
> (ow, ow, ow). Even before eating crunchies! Must be love (grin).
>
> Although last night, he punched me in the eye. If it blackens (not likely)
> imagine having to tell an interviewer "my cat punched me" (big grin).
>
> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

How long have cats been punching people? I'd never noticed it before,
but Annie the Midget Terror loves to bash Ade on the back of the head
when she's lying on the back of the sofa.

Jeanette

October 15th 09, 08:23 PM
Mark Edwards wrote:

> Most of the time when Little Boy wants in, he won't let Senyah let him in
> - he waits until I come to the door.

Boy, picky little thing, isn't he? I can understand a cat not letting
certain people pick them up, but an open door's an open door. Isn't it?
Guess not. He has some strong preferences, doesn't he? Hope Senyah
doesn't mind playing second fiddle. Guess she must be used to that
by now!

> In those cases where he does come in, he gallops to the bedroom, where I
> am usually at the desk, and jumps in my lap, purrs, and kneads my tummy
> (ow, ow, ow). Even before eating crunchies! Must be love (grin).

OK, that answers my question. :) He's adorable.

> Although last night, he punched me in the eye. If it blackens (not likely)
> imagine having to tell an interviewer "my cat punched me" (big grin).

Kind of like "my cat puked on my homework"? :)

Joyce

--
"Texas is so full of all these so-called modern-day Libertarians with
all their goddam selfish individualism. Just the opposite of real

Jofirey
October 15th 09, 09:19 PM
> wrote in message
> Mark Edwards wrote:
>
> > Most of the time when Little Boy wants in, he won't let Senyah
> > let him in
> > - he waits until I come to the door.
>
> Boy, picky little thing, isn't he? I can understand a cat not
> letting
> certain people pick them up, but an open door's an open door.
> Isn't it?
> Guess not. He has some strong preferences, doesn't he? Hope Senyah
> doesn't mind playing second fiddle. Guess she must be used to that
> by now!
>
> > In those cases where he does come in, he gallops to the bedroom,
> > where I
> > am usually at the desk, and jumps in my lap, purrs, and kneads
> > my tummy
> > (ow, ow, ow). Even before eating crunchies! Must be love (grin).
>
> OK, that answers my question. :) He's adorable.
>
> > Although last night, he punched me in the eye. If it blackens
> > (not likely)
> > imagine having to tell an interviewer "my cat punched me" (big
> > grin).
>
> Kind of like "my cat puked on my homework"? :)
>
> Joyce

Cats can be worse than dogs when it comes to who is 'their person'.
Sam was awful. He moved into the orchard one summer because Charlie
was sent away by the Air Force. Jake is almost as bad, although he
does at least consider me a back up slave when he wants or needs
something. But its Charlie he follows around and talks to and naps
and sleeps with. He is just too social to shun me the way Sam used
to. If I'm the only one home, he will follow me from room to room.
He doesn't care who provides food and door service.

We've only once had a cat who was 'mine', and she wasn't with us
very long. She had been the runt of her litter and was raised in an
apron pocket. She thought attachment 24/7 was a good thing.

Jo

October 15th 09, 10:13 PM
Judith Latham wrote:

> Sophie once gave me a black eye. i'd been next door and she'd come through
> their porch (one door to the garden, one to the front of the house) so
> when I left I picked her up to bring her home with me. WEll she didn't
> want to come home, as far as she was concerned she was visiting them. So
> when we got to my front door and I was opening the door, She struggled and
> caught me good in the eye. Luckily I blinked which saved my eye but I had
> a scratch on the eyelid and just under my eye which turned into a lovely
> bruise. Of course I told them at work that DH had hit me but they didn't
> believe me so I admitted that Sophie had done it but knowing what a gentle
> puss she was they didn't believe that either.

Your cat gave you a black eye, so you told your workmates that your
*husband* had done it?? Please say you're joking! Most people would do
the opposite - if their husband had hit them, they'd lie and say "the
cat did it". (But more likely they'd say they walked into a door.)

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet

William Hamblen[_2_]
October 15th 09, 10:55 PM
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:19:22 -0700, "Jofirey" >
wrote:

>He doesn't care who provides food and door service.

When I was a youngster we had a cat that completely ignored my father
unless he was the only one home and it was mealtime. Then the cat was
all purrs and headbutts. My father called the cat a hypocrite.

Bud

Baird Stafford
October 16th 09, 01:18 AM
In article
NettieCat > wrote:

> How long have cats been punching people? I'd never noticed it before,
> but Annie the Midget Terror loves to bash Ade on the back of the head
> when she's lying on the back of the sofa.

Forever. It's playful behavior - they'll "box" with each other, too,
when they're part of the same clowder, using velvet paws.

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra

Jofirey
October 16th 09, 02:51 AM
> wrote in message
> Judith Latham wrote:
>
> > Sophie once gave me a black eye. i'd been next door and she'd
> > come through
> > their porch (one door to the garden, one to the front of the
> > house) so
> > when I left I picked her up to bring her home with me. WEll she
> > didn't
> > want to come home, as far as she was concerned she was visiting
> > them. So
> > when we got to my front door and I was opening the door, She
> > struggled and
> > caught me good in the eye. Luckily I blinked which saved my eye
> > but I had
> > a scratch on the eyelid and just under my eye which turned into
> > a lovely
> > bruise. Of course I told them at work that DH had hit me but
> > they didn't
> > believe me so I admitted that Sophie had done it but knowing
> > what a gentle
> > puss she was they didn't believe that either.
>
> Your cat gave you a black eye, so you told your workmates that
> your
> *husband* had done it?? Please say you're joking! Most people
> would do
> the opposite - if their husband had hit them, they'd lie and say
> "the
> cat did it". (But more likely they'd say they walked into a door.)

With the right group of people, that is exactly what you would say
if you had a black eye you didn't really feel like explaining. i.e.
a group of people that would KNOW you were joking.

Jo

Marina
October 16th 09, 04:11 AM
NettieCat wrote:
> How long have cats been punching people? I'd never noticed it before,
> but Annie the Midget Terror loves to bash Ade on the back of the head
> when she's lying on the back of the sofa.

My cats don't punch me, but Caliban often puts his paw on my cheek and
leaves it there, especially when he wants me to know he's starving.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Mischief[_2_]
October 16th 09, 09:41 AM
On Oct 15, 6:51*pm, "Jofirey" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Judith Latham wrote:
>
> > > Sophie once gave me a black eye. i'd been next door and she'd
> > > come through
> > > their porch (one door to the garden, one to the front of the
> > > house) so
> > > when I left I picked her up to bring her home with me. WEll she
> > > didn't
> > > want to come home, as far as she was concerned she was visiting
> > > them. So
> > > when we got to my front door and I was opening the door, She
> > > struggled and
> > > caught me good in the eye. Luckily I blinked which saved my eye
> > > but I had
> > > a scratch on the eyelid and just under my eye which turned into
> > > a lovely
> > > bruise. Of course I told them at work that DH had hit me but
> > > they didn't
> > > believe me so I admitted that Sophie had done it but knowing
> > > what a gentle
> > > puss she was they didn't believe that either.
>
> > Your cat gave you a black eye, so you told your workmates that
> > your
> > *husband* had done it?? Please say you're joking! Most people
> > would do
> > the opposite - if their husband had hit them, they'd lie and say
> > "the
> > cat did it". (But more likely they'd say they walked into a door.)
>
> With the right group of people, that is exactly what you would say
> if you had a black eye you didn't really feel like explaining. *i.e.
> a group of people that would KNOW you were joking.
>
> Jo

At UCLA, in the theater departmentI once had a classmate who came to
school with a black eye and when I asked her, she said she fell over
the coffee table.

Now I distinctly remember seeing a tv show when i was younger and this
girl who in an abusive relationship used that exact same excuse, and
for some reason my brain when 'ping' and I said, "What?"

I didn't get all serious, but i was saying "Oh c'mon, you're gonna use
THAT?" in a laughing, half serious way, and a few others started
chuckling. We WERE all going to acting class, after all. She said,
"No, I'm not trying to make this up, I REALLY fell over the coffee
table."

We all let it slide but were giggling about it, because some of us
knew she wasn't in a relationship. Turned out she did, indeed, trip
over the coffee table.

Kristi

Mischief[_2_]
October 16th 09, 09:43 AM
On Oct 15, 12:23*pm, wrote:
> Mark Edwards wrote:
>
> *> Most of the time when Little Boy wants in, he won't let Senyah let him in
> *> - he waits until I come to the door.
>
> Boy, picky little thing, isn't he? I can understand a cat not letting
> certain people pick them up, but an open door's an open door. Isn't it?
> Guess not. He has some strong preferences, doesn't he? Hope Senyah
> doesn't mind playing second fiddle. Guess she must be used to that
> by now!
>
> *> In those cases where he does come in, he gallops to the bedroom, where I
> *> am usually at the desk, and jumps in my lap, purrs, and kneads my tummy
> *> (ow, ow, ow). Even before eating crunchies! Must be love (grin).
>
> OK, that answers my question. :) He's adorable.
>
> *> Although last night, he punched me in the eye. If it blackens (not likely)
> *> imagine having to tell an interviewer "my cat punched me" (big grin)..
>
> Kind of like "my cat puked on my homework"? :)
>
> Joyce
>
> --
> "Texas is so full of all these so-called modern-day Libertarians with
> all their goddam selfish individualism. Just the opposite of real
> anarchism - they don't give a damn about improving the world."
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Louis Mackey, "Slacker"

Well, few years ago, when I fostered Nick the Bitty, a case of the
morning zoomies and bouncing on my head with claws extended left me
with a good scratch on my cheek..

Fortunately I work at a vet, and got, "So, how's the kitten?" jokes

but imagine going into another type of job. hehe

Kristi

Marina
October 16th 09, 06:24 PM
Mischief wrote:

> Well, few years ago, when I fostered Nick the Bitty, a case of the
> morning zoomies and bouncing on my head with claws extended left me
> with a good scratch on my cheek..
>
> Fortunately I work at a vet, and got, "So, how's the kitten?" jokes
>
> but imagine going into another type of job. hehe

A couple of years ago Miranda gave me a long scratch along my cheek, all
the way from the corner of my eye to my chin. She miscalculated a jump
and I happened to be in the way when she came crashing down. I was on a
short holiday. I think it had almost faded away before I went back to work.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Cheryl[_5_]
October 16th 09, 06:31 PM
Marina wrote:
> Mischief wrote:
>>
>> Well, few years ago, when I fostered Nick the Bitty, a case of the
>> morning zoomies and bouncing on my head with claws extended left me
>> with a good scratch on my cheek..
>>
>> Fortunately I work at a vet, and got, "So, how's the kitten?" jokes
>>
>> but imagine going into another type of job. hehe
>
> A couple of years ago Miranda gave me a long scratch along my cheek, all
> the way from the corner of my eye to my chin. She miscalculated a jump
> and I happened to be in the way when she came crashing down. I was on a
> short holiday. I think it had almost faded away before I went back to work.

I may have told about this before....my GP once asked me if I had had
breast surgery because of the long fine scar across the top of one
breast. Nope. I'd been living with an aunt and uncle and their three
black cats...I've forgotten their names; one was Cleo. Anyway, one of
them liked perching on the top of the door to the kitchen and jumping
down for a ride on the shoulder of someone walking into or out of the
kitchen. One morning she tried this as I was walking into the kitchen
clad only in a light nightgown that didn't cover up my chest area very
well. And she misjudged the jump. Naturally, she frantically dug her
claws in to try to save herself as she slid down my front. At one point,
I had three parallel scars from this incident, but two were so minor
they faded almost as soon as they healed, and the third is now
long-since gone.

--
Cheryl

Jack Campin - bogus address
October 16th 09, 07:19 PM
>> How long have cats been punching people? I'd never noticed it
>> before, but Annie the Midget Terror loves to bash Ade on the
>> back of the head when she's lying on the back of the sofa.
> Forever. It's playful behavior - they'll "box" with each other,
> too, when they're part of the same clowder, using velvet paws.

I have only just got round to properly repairing the catflap from
what Marblecake did to it. We tried keeping her inside when she
was in season, intending that she'd mate with Splodge. Didn't
happen that way. She just smashed her way out through the flap
with a karate punch to meet up with the guys she wanted. (Seemed
like two different fathers, neither of them being Splodge).

You don't get "velvet paws" when you stand between a girl and her
nookie.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

October 16th 09, 10:00 PM
Jofirey wrote:

> > wrote in message

>> Your cat gave you a black eye, so you told your workmates that
>> your *husband* had done it?? Please say you're joking! Most people
>> would do the opposite - if their husband had hit them, they'd lie and say
>> "the cat did it". (But more likely they'd say they walked into a door.)

> With the right group of people, that is exactly what you would say
> if you had a black eye you didn't really feel like explaining. i.e.
> a group of people that would KNOW you were joking.

Which thing is exactly what you would say, as a joke? That you walked
into the door? Or that your husband had hit you? (I can't imagine joking
about the latter.)

Joyce

--
I find a lot of people like chubby 67-year-old girls.
-- Beverly Sills

tanadashoes
October 24th 09, 01:11 AM
> wrote in message
> Jofirey wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
>
> >> Your cat gave you a black eye, so you told your workmates that
> >> your *husband* had done it?? Please say you're joking! Most people
> >> would do the opposite - if their husband had hit them, they'd lie and
> >> say
> >> "the cat did it". (But more likely they'd say they walked into a door.)
>
> > With the right group of people, that is exactly what you would say
> > if you had a black eye you didn't really feel like explaining. i.e.
> > a group of people that would KNOW you were joking.
>
> Which thing is exactly what you would say, as a joke? That you walked
> into the door? Or that your husband had hit you? (I can't imagine joking
> about the latter.)
>
> Joyce

After his brain surgery, Rob told everyone that I'd whacked him in the head
with a frying pan. This was at the time that Golden Corral had the ads with
the cartoon chef smacking frying pans into people's heads to convince them
to go to Golden Corral restaurants. Most people thought he was funny, but
there were a few who believed him. This, of course, made my children just
about go into convulsions with laughter. I was always afraid that I'd be
arrested for Robert abuse.

Pam S. who still doesn't find it funny