PDA

View Full Version : Heated Outdoor Kitty Mat

Terry
October 16th 09, 06:41 PM
Need a recommendation for the above. Google had many, but I don't know
one from the other. The cat is a stray and I can't take it in for
several reasons the first of which is my house cat who hates the stray.
Thanks.

Sherry
October 17th 09, 06:28 AM
On Oct 16, 12:41*pm, (Terry) wrote:
> Need a recommendation for the above. Google had many, but I don't know
> one from the other. The cat is a stray and I can't take it in for
> several reasons the first of which is my house cat who hates the stray.
> Thanks.

I bought an outdoor heated mat for a stray I was keeping in the garage
temporarily.
It was hard plastic, about 18 x 24 or so. I got it at Petsmart. It had
a steel-wrapped
cord, which IMH is a necessary safety feature. Most of the heating
pads only reach
about 102 degrees.
I used it for many winters, for many different strays over the years.
IIRC I did see them
somewhere online much cheaper than the Petsmart model, which was
around $80.

Sherry