PDA

View Full Version : OT UPDATE 2 medical thing

Mark Edwards
October 23rd 09, 03:25 AM
Latest:

Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
in the hospital.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Stormmmee
October 23rd 09, 03:32 AM
glad they figured it out, hope you are better soon Lee

--
Have a great day
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
m...

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

MLB[_2_]
October 23rd 09, 04:33 AM
Mark Edwards wrote:
> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark

Any chance it started with a cat scratch? We are purring for a complete
recovery and fast. MLB

Sherry
October 23rd 09, 04:45 AM
On Oct 22, 9:25*pm, Mark Edwards > wrote:
> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>
> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark

Oh, Mark. I am so sorry. Will be purring for a fast recovery. I know
that is
very painful. My sister had a bout with it. Serious stuff.
You'll feel much better when you have some kitty nurses walking all
over you at home. :-)
Anything we can do?

Sherry

Kyla `=^..^=`
October 23rd 09, 06:58 AM

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Poor you:( If it's not one thing, it's another.
Purrayers you get feeling better fast.
Love
Kyla

Joy
October 23rd 09, 08:07 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
m...

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Yikes! Normally I'm not in favor of suing people, but it sounds to me as if
you have grounds for a malpractice suit against that stupid doctor that
allowed your condition to get this bad.

Purrs for a quick recovery are on the way.

Joy

October 23rd 09, 09:56 AM
Mark Edwards wrote:

> Latest:

> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe
> a week in the hospital.

Jesus! That's really scary. I'm glad you're getting the right treatment
now. And I agree with Joy - you definitely have grounds for a malpractice
suit. At the very least, you should report him when you're well enough
to deal with that. His negligence could have killed you!

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings

[Hmm... I think my random sig selector is a bit of a wise guy. :) ]

Jack Campin - bogus address
October 23rd 09, 11:38 AM
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe
> a week in the hospital.

Yuck. Marion had something like that (but much smaller) in a buttock
a few weeks ago when I was having the heart trouble. Took a while
before they found an antibiotic that both worked and that she wasn't
violently allergic to, but they didn't need to do anything surgical,
we just got through an immense number of high-tech wound dressings.
In one week we made about four visits to the hospital between us (I
thought we ought to get a loyalty card: get a dozen stamps and claim
a free brain scan). Her infection has just about healed now; sounds
like yours is going to take some getting over.

Marion reads rec.crafts.textiles.quilting, where they often do prayer
requests. It was tempting to post "Prayer Request: Marion's Bum".

> Hugs and Purrs,

Heck, it's you that needs them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******

Adrian[_2_]
October 23rd 09, 11:48 AM
Mark Edwards wrote:
> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a
> week in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark

Ouch! Purrs for a rapid recovery.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

jmcquown[_2_]
October 23rd 09, 12:36 PM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
m...

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Mega purrs on the way, Mark! Staph infections are quite serious.

Jill

October 23rd 09, 07:44 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

>> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe
>> a week in the hospital.

> Yuck. Marion had something like that (but much smaller) in a buttock
> a few weeks ago when I was having the heart trouble. Took a while
> before they found an antibiotic that both worked and that she wasn't
> violently allergic to, but they didn't need to do anything surgical,
> we just got through an immense number of high-tech wound dressings.
> In one week we made about four visits to the hospital between us (I
> thought we ought to get a loyalty card: get a dozen stamps and claim
> a free brain scan). Her infection has just about healed now; sounds
> like yours is going to take some getting over.

Wow, it sounds like her condition took longer to heal than yours!

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx

tanadashoes
October 24th 09, 01:55 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
m...

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Am asking the owners for purrs and am thinking my best healing and hang in
there thoughts for you from here.

Pam S

Jofirey
October 24th 09, 03:57 AM
"Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
m...

> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe
> a week
> in the hospital.
>

> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark

Many purrs as well as some prayers coming your way. I've got my
daughter's chi-wow-wows for the weekend so will add in some doggie
wags as well.

Jo

Jofirey
October 24th 09, 04:02 AM
"Joy" > wrote in message
> "Mark Edwards" > wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> Latest:
>>
>> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back,
>> maybe a week
>> in the hospital.
>>

>> Hugs and Purrs,
>> Mark
>> --
>> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request
>
> Yikes! Normally I'm not in favor of suing people, but it sounds
> to me as if you have grounds for a malpractice suit against that
> stupid doctor that allowed your condition to get this bad.
>
> Purrs for a quick recovery are on the way.
>
> Joy

Even in the short period of time between the first doctor visit and
the day in the ER, the amount of flesh you lost at least doubled,
and probably a lot more than that.

Jo

NettieCat
October 25th 09, 07:59 PM
On 23 Oct, 02:25, Mark Edwards > wrote:
> Latest:
>
> Huge staph infection, large chunk of flesh carved from back, maybe a week
> in the hospital.
>
> Hugs and Purrs,
> Mark
> --
> Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

That sounds horrible Mark, I hope it heals quickly, and that you get
lots of help with changing the dressing, washing etc. I've had a few
big surgical wounds myself, but none that I couldn't reach and deal
with myself. Get well soon Mark.

Jeanette