PDA

View Full Version : Re: You're very fortunate people here.......... IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!

Kelly Greene
October 29th 09, 06:36 AM
"FirstHit" > wrote in message
On Oct 25, 10:23 pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
> ~ ~ ~ =*..*=
>
> Thank you for your support. This morning we awoke to find her walking
> around the the dining room. She was able to walk in a straight line and
> this
> was before her Pred. She still tends to go to the left. We don't know if
> this improvement will last as she's rallied before only to crash again.
> She
> ate very well last night and today again. :-) She had three full meals of
> FancyFeast mixed with milk and warmed. She can get into the 2" deep old
> baking dish we turned into a litter pan. She doesn't seem to be in much if
> any pain today. She was purring and seeking constant attention we gave
> her.
> I only hope it lasts.
> --

Me too. Thanks for the update. Please let us know how things
progress, good or bad. It's heartening to see the good signs!

FirstHit

~ ~ ~ =^..^=

She's even doing better today. She was up walking around and ate real well
again. She seems to have trouble hearing but is not deaf. She replies when I
talk to her but when I call her she goes in the wrong direction tilting her
head, looking around. She can hear me but doesn't seem to know where, what
direction my voice is coming from. This may improve. I'm considering taking
her to the other clinic in town if she starts going downhill again but that
place is very expensive and there's no guarantee they'd do any better than
the 1st place. As one friend said, "The Dr. (old vet) retired and the
inmates (young kids out of vet school) are running the asylum." Apparently
people pay for the good reputation of the old vet, the fancy clinic
trimmings, the location etc.

FirstHit
October 29th 09, 12:06 PM
On Oct 28, 10:36*pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
> "FirstHit" > wrote in message

> On Oct 25, 10:23 pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
>
> > ~ ~ ~ =*..*=
>
> > Thank you for your support. This morning we awoke to find her walking
> > around the the dining room. She was able to walk in a straight line and
> > this
> > was before her Pred. She still tends to go to the left. We don't know if
> > this improvement will last as she's rallied before only to crash again.
> > She
> > ate very well last night and today again. :-) She had three full meals of
> > FancyFeast mixed with milk and warmed. She can get into the 2" deep old
> > baking dish we turned into a litter pan. She doesn't seem to be in much if
> > any pain today. She was purring and seeking constant attention we gave
> > her.
> > I only hope it lasts.
> > --
>
> Me too. *Thanks for the update. *Please let us know how things
> progress, good or bad. *It's heartening to see the good signs!
>
> FirstHit
>
> ~ ~ ~ *=^..^=
>
> She's even doing better today. *She was up walking around and ate real well
> again. She seems to have trouble hearing but is not deaf. She replies when I
> talk to her but when I call her she goes in the wrong direction tilting her
> head, looking around. She can hear me but doesn't seem to know where, what
> direction my voice is coming from. *This may improve. I'm considering taking
> her to the other clinic in town if she starts going downhill again but that
> place is very expensive and there's no guarantee they'd do any better than
> the 1st place. *As one friend said, "The Dr. (old vet) retired and the
> inmates (young kids out of vet school) are running the asylum." *Apparently
> people pay for the good reputation of the old vet, the fancy clinic
> trimmings, the location etc.

Great news. Hopefully, you won't even have to make the decision of
whether to go to the other vet. If you do have to decide, let it be
your own decision. You and the Mrs are the only ones who know all the
circumstances.

I think you've been very kind to the kitty.

FirstHit

Kelly Greene
November 3rd 09, 12:26 AM
"FirstHit" > wrote in message

Great news. Hopefully, you won't even have to make the decision of
whether to go to the other vet. If you do have to decide, let it be
your own decision. You and the Mrs are the only ones who know all the
circumstances.

I think you've been very kind to the kitty.

FirstHit

~~~~~~~
She saw the vet this afternoon. She's continuing to improve day by day. :-)
It's hard to believe how sick she was only a week ago. She goes back in 2
weeks again. The vet said it could take another month before she starts
acting like cat. Right now she's still lethargic but eating 3 good meals a
day and gained a few more ounces. :-)) She sleeps a lot and still stays
on the floor.