PDA

View Full Version : Caring about wild cats

Mark Earnest
October 30th 09, 02:46 AM
How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark

dgk
October 30th 09, 02:08 PM
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:46:07 -0500, "Mark Earnest"
> wrote:

>How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>animal digest (ughh!)?
>
>I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
>dry food I have come across!
>
>Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>
>Mark

Lots of info about outdoor cats here:

http://www.alleycat.org

cybercat
October 30th 09, 07:36 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...
> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
> animal digest (ughh!)?
>
> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
> dry food I have come across!
>
> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
> help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they can
breed and make more cats that will suffer.

Mark Earnest
October 30th 09, 09:47 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>> animal digest (ughh!)?
>>
>> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
>> the dry food I have come across!
>>
>> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>

> Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
> really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
> can breed and make more cats that will suffer.

It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that animals
in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer support
them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

Mark Earnest
October 30th 09, 09:47 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:46:07 -0500, "Mark Earnest"
> > wrote:
>
>>How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>>animal digest (ughh!)?
>>
>>I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>>of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
>>dry food I have come across!
>>
>>Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>>help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>
>>Mark
>>

> Lots of info about outdoor cats here:
>
> http://www.alleycat.org

Neat site, thank you.

Mark

cybercat
October 30th 09, 10:23 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>>> animal digest (ughh!)?
>>>
>>> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>>> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
>>> the dry food I have come across!
>>>
>>> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I
>>> can help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>>

>> Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
>> really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
>> can breed and make more cats that will suffer.
>
> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer
> support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

Right. :) Moron.

Mark Earnest
October 30th 09, 11:53 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
>>> really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
>>> can breed and make more cats that will suffer.
>>
>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>
> Right. :) Moron.

I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you must
agree with me.

jmc
October 31st 09, 02:12 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 5:47 PM):
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>>> animal digest (ughh!)?
>>>
>>> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>>> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
>>> the dry food I have come across!
>>>
>>> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>>> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>>
>> Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
>> really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
>> can breed and make more cats that will suffer.
>
> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that animals
> in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer support
> them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then
die off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by
overpopulation and sickness when the food supply cannot support the
population.

The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
the wild equation out the window.

Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.

jmc

Mark Earnest
October 31st 09, 02:29 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 5:47 PM):
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
>>> really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
>>> can breed and make more cats that will suffer.
>>
>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>
> Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then die
> off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by overpopulation and
> sickness when the food supply cannot support the population.

I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
fine
in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our cats.

> The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
> the wild equation out the window.

Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
as a totally wild environment.

> Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.

Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
for a helping hand.

A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
and tranquil eye gazes!

I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
getting it on with other felines.

Calvin
October 31st 09, 06:13 AM
On Oct 30, 7:53*pm, "Mark Earnest" > wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote.
>
> > Right. :) Moron.
>
> I invited you to correct me. *If all you can do is throw insults, you must
> agree with me.

You're right that all she can do is throw insults.

jmc
October 31st 09, 12:50 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 10:29 PM):
> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 5:47 PM):

>>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>> Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then die
>> off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by overpopulation and
>> sickness when the food supply cannot support the population.
>
> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
> fine
> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our cats.

What you are forgetting is the predator factor. Predators of a species
are absolutely critical to a healthy, sustainable population. These
deer, rabbits and cats do not have natural predators (or have few) in
human habitation areas, so the populations are not naturally kept in check.

I've watched deer populations in isolated pockets go from healthy
individuals, to tons of deer that seem to get scrawnier every year, to a
decline in the number I see. I've seen rabbits overpopulate
horrifically (you'd look out in to the field and it'd seem like there
was one rabbit per square foot), then essentially go extinct in an area
due to myximatosis (sp?).

>> The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
>> the wild equation out the window.
>

> Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
> Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
> as a totally wild environment.

You are also forgetting that domestic cats are not wild. They are
feral, and there is a big difference.

>> Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.
>
> Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
> See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
> for a helping hand.

Which makes the problem worse. No natural predators, a lot of help,
they'll easily overpopulate with nothing checking their population. Why
do you think TNR was needed in the first place?

> A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
> and tranquil eye gazes!
>
> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
> getting it on with other felines.

Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
most HUMANS don't even do that!!!

jmc

cybercat
October 31st 09, 01:07 PM
"jmc" > wrote :
>> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
>> getting it on with other felines.
>
> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!

heh. Just when we think we've seen every brand of stupid there is, here
comes "Mark Earnest." A troll, maybe?

MLB[_2_]
October 31st 09, 04:19 PM
Mark Earnest wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>> Right. :) Moron.
>
> I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you must
> agree with me.

To put it simply: When nature can no longer support them they die
horrible deaths from starvation and disease. MLB

MLB[_2_]
October 31st 09, 04:20 PM
Mark Earnest wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>> Right. :) Moron.
>
> I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you must
> agree with me.
>
> To put it simply, when nature can no longer support them they die horrible deasths from starvation and disease.

MLB

Mark Earnest
October 31st 09, 09:18 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "jmc" > wrote :
>>> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
>>> getting it on with other felines.
>>
>> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
>> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
>> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
>> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!
>>

> heh. Just when we think we've seen every brand of stupid there is, here
> comes "Mark Earnest." A troll, maybe?

Hmmm....talking about the nature of cats is being a troll, here?

Sort of makes you wonder what you really talk about.

cybercat
October 31st 09, 09:38 PM
"MLB" > wrote
>> I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you
>> must
>> agree with me.
>>

> To put it simply: When nature can no longer support them they die
> horrible deaths from starvation and disease. MLB

Thank you, Mary. I have a very hard time bothering with stupid people.

Mark Earnest
October 31st 09, 10:00 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Mark Earnest wrote:
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> Right. :) Moron.
>>
>> I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you
>> must
>> agree with me.
>>

> To put it simply: When nature can no longer support them they die
> horrible deaths from starvation and disease. MLB

Nature supports cats until it no longer allows reproduction, and the
cat understands this.

Mark Earnest
October 31st 09, 10:01 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MLB" > wrote
>>> I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you
>>> must
>>> agree with me.
>>>

>> To put it simply: When nature can no longer support them they die
>> horrible deaths from starvation and disease. MLB
>
> Thank you, Mary. I have a very hard time bothering with stupid people.

Stupid is as stupid does. You can't even defend your position.

Mark Earnest
October 31st 09, 10:04 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 10:29 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 5:47 PM):

>>> Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then
>>> die off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by
>>> overpopulation and sickness when the food supply cannot support the
>>> population.
>>
>> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
>> fine
>> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our
>> cats.
>>

> What you are forgetting is the predator factor. Predators of a species
> are absolutely critical to a healthy, sustainable population. These deer,
> rabbits and cats do not have natural predators (or have few) in human
> habitation areas, so the populations are not naturally kept in check.

Man does just fine without predators. Why shouldn't cats?

> I've watched deer populations in isolated pockets go from healthy
> individuals, to tons of deer that seem to get scrawnier every year, to a
> decline in the number I see. I've seen rabbits overpopulate horrifically
> (you'd look out in to the field and it'd seem like there was one rabbit
> per square foot), then essentially go extinct in an area due to
> myximatosis (sp?).

Creatures live and they die. Happens to the very best of us.

>>> The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
>>> the wild equation out the window.
>>

>> Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
>> Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
>> as a totally wild environment.
>>

> You are also forgetting that domestic cats are not wild. They are feral,
> and there is a big difference.

Then you haven't seen the wild, self sustaining cats in my neighborhood.

>>> Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with
>>> cats.
>>
>> Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
>> See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
>> for a helping hand.
>>

> Which makes the problem worse. No natural predators, a lot of help,
> they'll easily overpopulate with nothing checking their population. Why do
> you think TNR was needed in the first place?
>
>> A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
>> and tranquil eye gazes!
>>
>> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
>> getting it on with other felines.
>
> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!

Cats are smarter than humans in many ways.

jmc
November 2nd 09, 02:40 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/31/2009 6:04 PM):
> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 10:29 PM):

> Man does just fine without predators. Why shouldn't cats?

We overpopulate the earth terribly and millions are dying of starvation
and disease. How is that doing fine?

>> I've watched deer populations in isolated pockets go from healthy
>> individuals, to tons of deer that seem to get scrawnier every year, to a
>> decline in the number I see. I've seen rabbits overpopulate horrifically
>> (you'd look out in to the field and it'd seem like there was one rabbit
>> per square foot), then essentially go extinct in an area due to
>> myximatosis (sp?).
>
> Creatures live and they die. Happens to the very best of us.

Utterly missed the point. Yea, I'm starting to smell a troll too.

>>> Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
>>> Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
>>> as a totally wild environment.
>>>
>> You are also forgetting that domestic cats are not wild. They are feral,
>> and there is a big difference.
>
> Then you haven't seen the wild, self sustaining cats in my neighborhood.

Feral, soon to be overpopulated cats in your neighborhood.

>>> Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
>>> See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
>>> for a helping hand.
>>>
>> Which makes the problem worse. No natural predators, a lot of help,
>> they'll easily overpopulate with nothing checking their population. Why do
>> you think TNR was needed in the first place?
>>
>>> A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
>>> and tranquil eye gazes!

must... not.... commment...

>>> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
>>> getting it on with other felines.
>> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
>> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
>> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
>> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!
>
> Cats are smarter than humans in many ways.

That, I'll give you, but the drive to procreate isn't something they can
be smart about. Populations are brought into check by starvation,
disease and predation. I certainly hope someone or a rescue society
near that colony is doing TNR and you're just not aware of it.

Since it's apparent you're just looking for an argument and aren't
really interested in having your mind changed, there's really no point
in continuing this conversation.

jmc

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 04:12 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/31/2009 6:04 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 10:29 PM):
>
>> Man does just fine without predators. Why shouldn't cats?
>>
> We overpopulate the earth terribly and millions are dying of starvation
> and disease. How is that doing fine?
>

>>> I've watched deer populations in isolated pockets go from healthy
>>> individuals, to tons of deer that seem to get scrawnier every year, to a
>>> decline in the number I see. I've seen rabbits overpopulate
>>> horrifically (you'd look out in to the field and it'd seem like there
>>> was one rabbit per square foot), then essentially go extinct in an area
>>> due to myximatosis (sp?).
>>
>> Creatures live and they die. Happens to the very best of us.
>>
> Utterly missed the point. Yea, I'm starting to smell a troll too.

That is what people say who aren't smart enough to hold their
end of an argument.

>>> You are also forgetting that domestic cats are not wild. They are
>>> feral, and there is a big difference.
>>
>> Then you haven't seen the wild, self sustaining cats in my neighborhood.
>>

> Feral, soon to be overpopulated cats in your neighborhood.

>>> Which makes the problem worse. No natural predators, a lot of help,
>>> they'll easily overpopulate with nothing checking their population. Why
>>> do you think TNR was needed in the first place?

> must... not.... commment...

>>> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
>>> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
>>> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
>>> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!
>>
>> Cats are smarter than humans in many ways.
>
> That, I'll give you, but the drive to procreate isn't something they can
> be smart about. Populations are brought into check by starvation, disease
> and predation. I certainly hope someone or a rescue society near that
> colony is doing TNR and you're just not aware of it.
>
> Since it's apparent you're just looking for an argument and aren't really
> interested in having your mind changed, there's really no point in
> continuing this conversation.

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm look for an objective discussion.
Something most human beings, you guys included, are apparently
incapable of.

Too bad. It would have been fun to discuss the intricacies of the
the amazing cat.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 04:43 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer
> support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

But by feeding them you're creating an unnatural condition allowing many
more to be born than ordinarily would be.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 04:45 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> Nature supports cats until it no longer allows reproduction, and the
> cat understands this.

But as long as they're artificially fed and living outdoors, there's nothing
to stop their reproduction. Nothing that is unless disease steps in.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 04:46 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>
> But by feeding them you're creating an unnatural condition allowing many
> more to be born than ordinarily would be.

No, food is a very natural condition for the cat.

What is unnatural is neutering and spaying the poor animals.

I wouldn't do that to a mouse.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 04:51 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then die
>> off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by overpopulation
>> and sickness when the food supply cannot support the population.
>
> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
> fine
> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our cats.

But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.

>> The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
>> the wild equation out the window.
>

> Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
> Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
> as a totally wild environment.

Not everyone feels as you do. Humans are not all out there feeding huge
populations of feral cats. It's usually one person and when that person
dies, the cats starve to death, die of disease or are trapped and sent to a
shelter.

>> Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.
>
> Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
> See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
> for a helping hand.

And many of those hands hold a gun or poison or the leash of a nasty dog.
They're anything but helping hands.

> A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
> and tranquil eye gazes!

Then have them fixed one by one and stop all reproduction. Look for a
low-cost spay clinic.

> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
> getting it on with other felines.

You firmly believe wrong. As long as there is enough FOOD, cats will
reproduce.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 04:58 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> Nature supports cats until it no longer allows reproduction, and the
>> cat understands this.
>
> But as long as they're artificially fed and living outdoors, there's
> nothing to stop their reproduction. Nothing that is unless disease steps
> in.

You don't have much faith in cats. Most of the other wild animals
of the world manage their respective populations just fine, including the
great cats.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 05:01 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> What you are forgetting is the predator factor. Predators of a species
>> are absolutely critical to a healthy, sustainable population. These
>> deer, rabbits and cats do not have natural predators (or have few) in
>> human habitation areas, so the populations are not naturally kept in
>> check.
>
> Man does just fine without predators. Why shouldn't cats?

Because they're ANIMALS. They don't think and reason like human beings. If
enough food and water are present they will reproduce. Why? Because that's
what all animals do when the have enough food and water. What makes you
think they can reason like a human being? Breeding is hormonally driven.
Cats don't think about how many are already in your back yard or barn.

>> I've watched deer populations in isolated pockets go from healthy
>> individuals, to tons of deer that seem to get scrawnier every year, to a
>> decline in the number I see. I've seen rabbits overpopulate horrifically
>> (you'd look out in to the field and it'd seem like there was one rabbit
>> per square foot), then essentially go extinct in an area due to
>> myximatosis (sp?).
>
> Creatures live and they die. Happens to the very best of us.

But you have the power to stop the suffering in cats. Why not have them
"fixed" one by one? They'll also need rabies shots.

>> You are also forgetting that domestic cats are not wild. They are feral,
>> and there is a big difference.
>
> Then you haven't seen the wild, self sustaining cats in my neighborhood.

Then why feed them if they're doing fine on their own?

>> Sorry, I think you're anthromorphising. If a tom is near a receptive
>> female, do you REALLY think he's gonna look around and say, "Hmm, seems
>> quite a lot of us here. I think I'll pass on sex for a while."? Heck,
>> most HUMANS don't even do that!!!
>
> Cats are smarter than humans in many ways.

You are indeed anthtmotphising them. They're animals and driven by hormones.
They don't think about reproduction, they just do it. It has nothing to do
with intelligence.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 05:07 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then
>>> die off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by
>>> overpopulation and sickness when the food supply cannot support the
>>> population.
>>
>> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
>> fine
>> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our
>> cats.
>
> But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
> reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.

You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
to make kitties.

Not the case.

I just put food out for a female mother cat (9 Lives canned), and even
though she ate very little today, she turned it down, out of respect.

Cats have *much* self control.

>>> The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
>>> the wild equation out the window.
>>

>> Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
>> Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
>> as a totally wild environment.
>

> Not everyone feels as you do. Humans are not all out there feeding huge
> populations of feral cats.

The feral cats are still out there. How do you explain that?

It's usually one person and when that person
> dies, the cats starve to death, die of disease or are trapped and sent to
> a shelter.

So far, every creature on Earth has finally died. Big deal. It is natural.

>>> Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with
>>> cats.
>>
>> Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
>> See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
>> for a helping hand.
>

> And many of those hands hold a gun or poison or the leash of a nasty dog.
> They're anything but helping hands.

In the wild, great cats sometimes get defeated to. Such is nature.

>> A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
>> and tranquil eye gazes!
>
> Then have them fixed one by one and stop all reproduction. Look for a
> low-cost spay clinic.

I will never mutilate a cat like that. Not only would it be painful,
especially to the male, but cats need to be able to fully be themselves,
which in such case they could not.

We should find some other way of taking care of cats.
Problem is, nobody trusts them not to take care of their
own species by abstinence.

>> I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
>> getting it on with other felines.
>
> You firmly believe wrong. As long as there is enough FOOD, cats will
> reproduce.

Cats are not stupid.
A lot of people are, but not cats.

jmc
November 2nd 09, 01:51 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/2/2009 12:07 AM):
> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
>>> fine
>>> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our
>>> cats.
>> But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
>> reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.
>
> You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
> to make kitties.
>
> Not the case.
>
> I just put food out for a female mother cat (9 Lives canned), and even
> though she ate very little today, she turned it down, out of respect.
>
> Cats have *much* self control.

ha! My cat refuses 9 lives too, has nothing to do with self control -
she just hates the stuff.

Mama cats will give up food for her kittens. If her kittens weren't
there, she could be refusing food because she is sick. If she is sick,
your feral population might already be controlling itself.

I hope you eventually learn that though cats and other animals are a lot
smarter than we give them credit for, and IMHO do have the same emotions
as people, they do not have the same motivations and thought processes.

Understanding the animals that share our lives, not just cats, but
horses, dogs, and the lot, is key to a good relationship with them, but
it is important to understand how they think, how they see things from
THEIR POINT OF VIEW, not ours - that's anthropomorphizing, and that's
what you're doing.

I trained my cat, but wasn't any good at it when I would ascribe human
thought processes to her reactions. Once I understood the world,
however imperfectly, from her point of view, my ability to train her
improved tremendously.

No, not tricks, just things like asking permission to be on my lap (I'm
a small person and Meep + reading material doesn't fit), not to bother
me when I'm eating (and no begging), and not to wake me up before the
alarm goes off in the morning. And, of course "No!" or her name in that
certain tone of voice - you know the one, when you mother says your full
name (First Middle Last!)

By the way, she says Good Morning, just joined me here, the front window
is sunny. No, actually, what she's saying is "please feed me" :)

Off to do as she commands!

jmc

dgk
November 2nd 09, 05:51 PM
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:46:03 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> wrote:

>"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>>
>>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>>
>> But by feeding them you're creating an unnatural condition allowing many
>> more to be born than ordinarily would be.
>
>No, food is a very natural condition for the cat.
>
>What is unnatural is neutering and spaying the poor animals.
>
>I wouldn't do that to a mouse.

??

Wrong. Even PETA agress that cats need to be neutered:

http://www.peta.org/feat-abc_campaign.asp

TNR works for many reasons, but the biggest reason is limiting the
number of cats that are killed because of lack of homes and habitat.
Really though, if you don't understand that then there's no point in
going on with this.

Matthew[_3_]
November 2nd 09, 06:04 PM
I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine to
take it to a different path.

If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is enjoying the
attention you are giving him.

Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3

Matthew[_3_]
November 2nd 09, 06:05 PM
"dgk" >

Sorry Dgk did not mean to take that on your reply

jmc
November 2nd 09, 06:18 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (11/2/2009 1:04 PM):
> I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
> He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine to
> take it to a different path.
>
> If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is enjoying the
> attention you are giving him.
>

> Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3

Well, he could very well be a troll but I have met people who actually
think that way. If there's someone that does, but isn't as blind to the
truth as he seems to be, perhaps they'll see this thread, then see the
light.

Or, maybe I'm just bored. :)

jmc

harry
November 2nd 09, 06:20 PM
On Oct 29, 9:46*pm, "Mark Earnest" > wrote:
> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
> animal digest (ughh!)?
>
> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
> dry food I have come across!
>
> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>
> Mark

Hello,

For my barn kitties i purchase whole chickens (when on sale), or
turkey; cook them; freeze them, and about every three days or so throw
whole, frozen bird to the pride. This way even the weak, injured,
sick, worm-eaten, pregnant and kittens get a bite, because the whole
bird itis too heavy for the stronger ones to carry it away. They have
their dry "sht" food in a self-feed container 24 hours a day, and if
they want to eat it, that it is their problem. I usually get the (now
up to) $12.00 a bag food, but am considering getting cheaper food so
that i donot die of starvation.

As far as "population" . . . think Pneumonic and Bubonic Plague. Had
it not been for the Maltese kitty imported by some wise gentlemen, the
entire white race wouldhave been wiped out by the BLACK PLAGUE:
Something is attracting the growing pride to your neighborhood, and
itis usually garbage cans in-mass, in a crowded neighborhood . . .
hello, RATS/INFECTED FLEAS. Also let us think about when the
terrorists dump off a ship-load of BlackPlague-infected, flea-infested
mice and rats all along our shores to kill us, the way the Maltese cat
was done to save us from our own stupidity. In England etc. they had
begun to over-breed their kitties to be too big and beautiful to be
able to fit into areas where rodents live, thus couldnot kill the
infected rats and mice. The rat population grew and grew, thus the
fleas, thus the Pneumonic and Bubonic Plague. Speaking of bullsht and
hinny flue: is it really the "flu" infecting us right now - last count
1,000 dead? No hinny flu shots available? Really?

Usually in a pride, one male will chase away all the other males;
inbreeding causes weakness and nature does the rest, which is called
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST and there is nothing wrong with that, and that
is called MotherNature.

I feel kitties are God's most favorite animal on His Earth, or else
why would there be so many happy kitties?

I like dead chickens better than dead kitties, soooooo, keep on a
trucken the dead chickens to the live kitties and be happy.

For the rest of you . . . go feed a chicken and barbaque a kitty.

Truly

Truth will set you free according to Jesus in John 8:32

PS in Guam they eat delicious kitties - donot knock it until you try
it - just wait until the kittyfur coat comes back - just one Cat-
scratch-fevour-infected kitty carrier can eliminate your entire
pride . . . here today gone tomorrow . . . now tell me agian, God
doesnot know what He is doing . . .

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 10:18 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>>
>>> Nature supports cats until it no longer allows reproduction, and the
>>> cat understands this.
>>
>> But as long as they're artificially fed and living outdoors, there's
>> nothing to stop their reproduction. Nothing that is unless disease steps
>> in.
>
> You don't have much faith in cats. Most of the other wild animals
> of the world manage their respective populations just fine, including the
> great cats.

House cats are domestic animals, not wild animals. In the wild, disease,
accidents and predation keeps their numbers under control. If you really
cared about cats you wouldn't that to happen to them. Having faith in a
domestic animal to avoid accidents, disease and predation is absurd.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 10:33 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
>>> fine
>>> in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our
>>> cats.
>>
>> But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
>> reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.
>
> You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
> to make kitties.
>
> Not the case.

If the females come into HEAT, he will breed with them unless he is too old,
starved, sick, crippled or diseased to do so. He is hormonally driven and
doesn't consider the number of cats in your yard or barn. He has no way to
know the act of sex results in kittens = more cats.

> I just put food out for a female mother cat (9 Lives canned), and even
> though she ate very little today, she turned it down, out of respect.

You're assuming the reason she turned it down.

> Cats have *much* self control.

You're reading too many cat cartoons. :-)

>> Not everyone feels as you do. Humans are not all out there feeding huge
>> populations of feral cats.
>

> The feral cats are still out there. How do you explain that?

And they always will be UNTIL they die of accident, disease or are killed by
fox, coyotes, dogs, hateful people, sociopathic kids......

> It's usually one person and when that person
>> dies, the cats starve to death, die of disease or are trapped and sent to
>> a shelter.
>
> So far, every creature on Earth has finally died. Big deal. It is
> natural.

If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or die - why are you
here on this NG?

>> And many of those hands hold a gun or poison or the leash of a nasty dog.
>> They're anything but helping hands.
>

> In the wild, great cats sometimes get defeated to. Such is nature.

Again I ask: If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or die -
why are you here on this NG?

>> Then have them fixed one by one and stop all reproduction. Look for a
>> low-cost spay clinic.

> I will never mutilate a cat like that. Not only would it be painful,
> especially to the male, but cats need to be able to fully be themselves,
> which in such case they could not.

Mutilation? Painful for the male? Anesthesia is used just like in humans.
You keep trying to give them human traits which they do not have. They are
fully themselves "fixed" or not. You seem totally unaware that literally
thousands if not millions of cats are put to death in shelters every year
because there aren't enough homes for them all.

> We should find some other way of taking care of cats.
> Problem is, nobody trusts them not to take care of their
> own species by abstinence.

Abstinence? LOL!!!! You're kidding me - right? They know nothing of
abstinence. They reproduce because they can. It's hormonally driven and
controlled.

>> You firmly believe wrong. As long as there is enough FOOD, cats will
>> reproduce.

> Cats are not stupid.

No one said they were stupid. OTOH, they are not human and cannot reason as
do since they lack the understanding we have. They don't know: sex =
reproduction = more kittens and cats to suffer and die without homes.

> A lot of people are, but not cats.

I'm starting to think you are a troll. Anyone who thinks cats know about
abstinence and that sex equals more cats has to be a troll.

Kelly Greene
November 2nd 09, 10:42 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>>
>>> It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that
>>> animals in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no
>>> longer support them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.
>>
>> But by feeding them you're creating an unnatural condition allowing many
>> more to be born than ordinarily would be.
>
> No, food is a very natural condition for the cat.

No, having a human there feeding them is not natural. There's nothing
natural about it.

> What is unnatural is neutering and spaying the poor animals.

There is nothing harmful about neutering cats and dogs. All it does is
remove their ability to produce more cats and dogs to be put to sleep in our
already overcrowded shelters. More to die by predation and disease and more
to get run over on the streets and roads.

> I wouldn't do that to a mouse.

It's a shame you care nothing about the suffering of homeless domestic cats.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 11:22 PM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> But as long as they're artificially fed and living outdoors, there's
>>> nothing to stop their reproduction. Nothing that is unless disease
>>> steps in.
>>
>> You don't have much faith in cats. Most of the other wild animals
>> of the world manage their respective populations just fine, including the
>> great cats.
>
> House cats are domestic animals, not wild animals.

Not so. I see many a successful feline predator.

In the wild, disease,
> accidents and predation keeps their numbers under control. If you really
> cared about cats you wouldn't that to happen to them. Having faith in a
> domestic animal to avoid accidents, disease and predation is absurd.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 11:28 PM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
>>> reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.
>>
>> You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
>> to make kitties.
>>
>> Not the case.
>
> If the females come into HEAT, he will breed with them unless he is too
> old, starved, sick, crippled or diseased to do so. He is hormonally
> driven and doesn't consider the number of cats in your yard or barn. He
> has no way to know the act of sex results in kittens = more cats.

You seem to think that cats have no control over their hormones and heat
cycles.

>> I just put food out for a female mother cat (9 Lives canned), and even
>> though she ate very little today, she turned it down, out of respect.
>
> You're assuming the reason she turned it down.
>

>> Cats have *much* self control.
>
> You're reading too many cat cartoons. :-)

Maybe so.

>>> Not everyone feels as you do. Humans are not all out there feeding huge
>>> populations of feral cats.
>>

>> The feral cats are still out there. How do you explain that?
>

> And they always will be UNTIL they die of accident, disease or are killed
> by fox, coyotes, dogs, hateful people, sociopathic kids......

The point is, the fact that feral cats are even out there means that they
are finding some way to survive.

>> It's usually one person and when that person
>>> dies, the cats starve to death, die of disease or are trapped and sent
>>> to a shelter.
>>
>> So far, every creature on Earth has finally died. Big deal. It is
>> natural.
>
> If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or die - why are you
> here on this NG?

I don't want any creature to die. I just don't let it get me down, because
death has been a fact of life on this planet ever since it began.

>>> And many of those hands hold a gun or poison or the leash of a nasty
>>> dog. They're anything but helping hands.
>>

>> In the wild, great cats sometimes get defeated to. Such is nature.
>

> Again I ask: If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or
> die - why are you here on this NG?
>

>>> Then have them fixed one by one and stop all reproduction. Look for a
>>> low-cost spay clinic.
>
>> I will never mutilate a cat like that. Not only would it be painful,
>> especially to the male, but cats need to be able to fully be themselves,
>> which in such case they could not.
>
> Mutilation? Painful for the male? Anesthesia is used just like in
> humans.

You can't know because you're female.

> You keep trying to give them human traits which they do not have. They
> are fully themselves "fixed" or not. You seem totally unaware that
> literally thousands if not millions of cats are put to death in shelters
> every year because there aren't enough homes for them all.

Easy solution: stop sending cats to Auschwitz cat shelters!

>> We should find some other way of taking care of cats.
>> Problem is, nobody trusts them not to take care of their
>> own species by abstinence.
>
> Abstinence? LOL!!!! You're kidding me - right? They know nothing of
> abstinence. They reproduce because they can. It's hormonally driven and
> controlled.
>

>>> You firmly believe wrong. As long as there is enough FOOD, cats will
>>> reproduce.
>
>> Cats are not stupid.
>
> No one said they were stupid. OTOH, they are not human and cannot reason
> as do since they lack the understanding we have. They don't know: sex =
> reproduction = more kittens and cats to suffer and die without homes.
>
>> A lot of people are, but not cats.
>
> I'm starting to think you are a troll. Anyone who thinks cats know about
> abstinence and that sex equals more cats has to be a troll.

If nothing else, I am strengthening your own argument, if you continue
to hold onto to it, so cool it.

Mark Earnest
November 2nd 09, 11:29 PM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> But by feeding them you're creating an unnatural condition allowing many
>>> more to be born than ordinarily would be.
>>
>> No, food is a very natural condition for the cat.
>
> No, having a human there feeding them is not natural. There's nothing
> natural about it.
>

>> What is unnatural is neutering and spaying the poor animals.
>
> There is nothing harmful about neutering cats and dogs. All it does is
> remove their ability to produce more cats and dogs to be put to sleep in
> our already overcrowded shelters. More to die by predation and disease and
> more to get run over on the streets and roads.
>

>> I wouldn't do that to a mouse.
>
> It's a shame you care nothing about the suffering of homeless domestic
> cats.

**I care about cats so much that I care about the whole cat.

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 01:36 AM
"harry" > wrote in message
> [...]

inbreeding causes weakness and nature does the rest, which is called
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST and there is nothing wrong with that, and that
is called MotherNature.

I feel kitties are God's most favorite animal on His Earth, or else
why would there be so many happy kitties?

I like dead chickens better than dead kitties, soooooo, keep on a
trucken the dead chickens to the live kitties and be happy.

For the rest of you . . . go feed a chicken and barbaque a kitty.

Truly

Truth will set you free according to Jesus in John 8:32

PS in Guam they eat delicious kitties - donot knock it until you try
it - just wait until the kittyfur coat comes back - just one Cat-
scratch-fevour-infected kitty carrier can eliminate your entire
pride . . . here today gone tomorrow . . . now tell me agian, God

**I've got one male cat daddy, one female cat momma, and one of their
mutual litter, still half adult size.

And they get along great.

They're all wild cats, and the dad looks the most beat up, having
only one eye...he must have lost the other one in a fight.

I can't resist feeding them. They just show their gratitude so well,
through means I still cannot put into words correctly enough to give
it justice.

Good luck on your farm.

Mark

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 01:43 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/2/2009 12:07 AM):
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...
>>> But they're not "artificially" fed which both allows and encourages
>>> reproduction you don't see in native or natural populations.
>>
>> You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
>> to make kitties.
>>
>> Not the case.
>>
>> I just put food out for a female mother cat (9 Lives canned), and even
>> though she ate very little today, she turned it down, out of respect.
>>
>> Cats have *much* self control.
>>

> ha! My cat refuses 9 lives too, has nothing to do with self control - she
> just hates the stuff.

You don't think she meant it for the less fortunate alley cats?
She just may have, you know. Maybe some animals only take what they need.

> Mama cats will give up food for her kittens. If her kittens weren't
> there, she could be refusing food because she is sick. If she is sick,
> your feral population might already be controlling itself.
>
> I hope you eventually learn that though cats and other animals are a lot
> smarter than we give them credit for, and IMHO do have the same emotions
> as people, they do not have the same motivations and thought processes.

I always looked at populations of creatures collectively, as if they all
get together and do a mutual thing for the benefit of the whole.

Kind of like some of us do come election day.

> Understanding the animals that share our lives, not just cats, but horses,
> dogs, and the lot, is key to a good relationship with them, but it is
> important to understand how they think, how they see things from THEIR
> POINT OF VIEW, not ours - that's anthropomorphizing, and that's what
> you're doing.

Well, the writers of cartoons like Garfield have been successful and made
good money off of anthropomorphizing cats for a long time,
so there must be something to it.

> I trained my cat, but wasn't any good at it when I would ascribe human
> thought processes to her reactions. Once I understood the world, however
> imperfectly, from her point of view, my ability to train her improved
> tremendously.

Cats are like us, but are also alien to us in many ways IMHO.

> No, not tricks, just things like asking permission to be on my lap (I'm a
> small person and Meep + reading material doesn't fit), not to bother me
> when I'm eating (and no begging), and not to wake me up before the alarm
> goes off in the morning. And, of course "No!" or her name in that certain
> tone of voice - you know the one, when you mother says your full name
> (First Middle Last!)
>
> By the way, she says Good Morning, just joined me here, the front window
> is sunny. No, actually, what she's saying is "please feed me" :)
>
> Off to do as she commands!

Cat power! No wonder groups of them are called prides.
They are top of the food chain.

Mark

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 01:59 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
> He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine to
> take it to a different path.
>
> If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is enjoying
> the attention you are giving him.
>

> Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3

I'm just going against the grain, against the system.
And you are going with it?
What has the system ever done for you?

Kelly Greene
November 3rd 09, 05:36 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

>>> You don't have much faith in cats. Most of the other wild animals
>>> of the world manage their respective populations just fine, including
>>> the great cats.
>>
>> House cats are domestic animals, not wild animals.
>

> Not so. I see many a successful feline predator.

Where are you seeing them and what are they preying on? Birds? Cats are not
native to America. In areas where roaming cats are common the number and
variety of birds are lower than neighborhoods that don't have large numbers
of strays.

> In the wild, disease,
>> accidents and predation keeps their numbers under control. If you really
>> cared about cats you wouldn't that to happen to them. Having faith in a
>> domestic animal to avoid accidents, disease and predation is absurd.

Kelly Greene
November 3rd 09, 05:42 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>
>> ha! My cat refuses 9 lives too, has nothing to do with self control -
>> she just hates the stuff.
>
> You don't think she meant it for the less fortunate alley cats?
> She just may have, you know. Maybe some animals only take what they need.

How would she know about less fortunate alley cats? Where are you getting
these ideas from?

>> I hope you eventually learn that though cats and other animals are a lot
>> smarter than we give them credit for, and IMHO do have the same emotions
>> as people, they do not have the same motivations and thought processes.

> I always looked at populations of creatures collectively, as if they all
> get together and do a mutual thing for the benefit of the whole.

Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed. Unnaturally fed cats will
reproduce and eventually end up in a shelter. That's the bottom line.

>> Understanding the animals that share our lives, not just cats, but
>> horses, dogs, and the lot, is key to a good relationship with them, but
>> it is important to understand how they think, how they see things from
>> THEIR POINT OF VIEW, not ours - that's anthropomorphizing, and that's
>> what you're doing.

> Well, the writers of cartoons like Garfield have been successful and made
> good money off of anthropomorphizing cats for a long time,
> so there must be something to it.

Are we talking about businesses and cartoons, or real live cats?

>> By the way, she says Good Morning, just joined me here, the front window
>> is sunny. No, actually, what she's saying is "please feed me" :)
>>
>> Off to do as she commands!
>
> Cat power! No wonder groups of them are called prides.
> They are top of the food chain.

Not here in the USA. Roaming housecats and strays become dinner for red and
blue fox, coyotes, large hawks.........

> Mark

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 05:48 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...

>>> House cats are domestic animals, not wild animals.
>>

>> Not so. I see many a successful feline predator.
>
> Where are you seeing them and what are they preying on? Birds?

In my city, all through my life I have witnessed cats killing and eating
birds, squirrels, and rodents. They also have been known to eat
lizards and fish.

Cats are not
> native to America.

Niether are most people. Cats in America are still wild, because they live
by their wits in a hostile territory. I say hostile, because they are
hunted
by "merciful" people and euthanized.

In areas where roaming cats are common the number and
> variety of birds are lower than neighborhoods that don't have large
> numbers of strays.

Of course. Cats are skillled hunters. Just as in Africa.

>> In the wild, disease,
>>> accidents and predation keeps their numbers under control. If you really
>>> cared about cats you wouldn't that to happen to them. Having faith in a
>>> domestic animal to avoid accidents, disease and predation is absurd.

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 05:55 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> ha! My cat refuses 9 lives too, has nothing to do with self control -
>>> she just hates the stuff.
>>
>> You don't think she meant it for the less fortunate alley cats?
>> She just may have, you know. Maybe some animals only take what they
>> need.
>
> How would she know about less fortunate alley cats?

You would think that one cat would be aware of the other cats in the
neighborhood, wouldn't you?

Where are you getting
> these ideas from?

Just from observing cats and daring to think in ways that make sense, at the
risk of being called a troll.

Most people would never take such a risk.

>>> I hope you eventually learn that though cats and other animals are a lot
>>> smarter than we give them credit for, and IMHO do have the same emotions
>>> as people, they do not have the same motivations and thought processes.
>
>> I always looked at populations of creatures collectively, as if they all
>> get together and do a mutual thing for the benefit of the whole.
>
> Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed. Unnaturally fed cats will
> reproduce and eventually end up in a shelter. That's the bottom line.

That is our fault for putting them where they will be killed.
We need to stop that.

>>> Understanding the animals that share our lives, not just cats, but
>>> horses, dogs, and the lot, is key to a good relationship with them, but
>>> it is important to understand how they think, how they see things from
>>> THEIR POINT OF VIEW, not ours - that's anthropomorphizing, and that's
>>> what you're doing.
>
>> Well, the writers of cartoons like Garfield have been successful and made
>> good money off of anthropomorphizing cats for a long time,
>> so there must be something to it.
>
> Are we talking about businesses and cartoons, or real live cats?

Real live cats.

We make cats like us when we treat them that way.

>>> By the way, she says Good Morning, just joined me here, the front window
>>> is sunny. No, actually, what she's saying is "please feed me" :)
>>>
>>> Off to do as she commands!
>>
>> Cat power! No wonder groups of them are called prides.
>> They are top of the food chain.
>
> Not here in the USA. Roaming housecats and strays become dinner for red
> and blue fox, coyotes, large hawks.........

Well, cats in general are top of the food chain.
There is always an exception, even for the lions and tigers.

Kelly Greene
November 3rd 09, 05:56 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> You seem to think that if a male cat sees a sexy female cat, he has
>>> to make kitties.
>>>
>>> Not the case.
>>
>> If the females come into HEAT, he will breed with them unless he is too
>> old, starved, sick, crippled or diseased to do so. He is hormonally
>> driven and doesn't consider the number of cats in your yard or barn. He
>> has no way to know the act of sex results in kittens = more cats.
>
> You seem to think that cats have no control over their hormones and heat
> cycles.

I know for a fact they don't. They cycle just like dogs and other mammals.
If they're in even reasonable health and have enough nutrition, they will
come in heat and breed.

>> And they always will be UNTIL they die of accident, disease or are killed
>> by fox, coyotes, dogs, hateful people, sociopathic kids......
>
> The point is, the fact that feral cats are even out there means that they
> are finding some way to survive.

Yes, they survive until they're run over, a dog kills them, a hawk picks
them off, some sadistic child stones them to death, disease infects
them.....

>> If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or die - why are
>> you here on this NG?
>
> I don't want any creature to die. I just don't let it get me down,
> because
> death has been a fact of life on this planet ever since it began.

Of course it is. The point is, DON'T ADD TO IT!!!!!!!

>> Mutilation? Painful for the male? Anesthesia is used just like in
>> humans.
>
> You can't know because you're female.

I watched many male cats be castrated. Anesthesia is used and there is no
pain involved. My sex has irrelevant.

>> You keep trying to give them human traits which they do not have. They
>> are fully themselves "fixed" or not. You seem totally unaware that
>> literally thousands if not millions of cats are put to death in shelters
>> every year because there aren't enough homes for them all.
>

> Easy solution: stop sending cats to Auschwitz cat shelters!

Where do we send them then when their population has them suffering,
starving and dying of disease?

>> I'm starting to think you are a troll. Anyone who thinks cats know about
>> abstinence and that sex equals more cats has to be a troll.
>
> If nothing else, I am strengthening your own argument, if you continue
> to hold onto to it, so cool it.

I am cool or I wouldn't even bother to reply to you. The last thing we and
cats themselves need, is MORE CATS. I suggest you do some volunteer work at
a local shelter and be there on euthanasia day. You will quickly change
your mind about excess cats and dogs due to them not being neutered. Mostly
because someone mindlessly and selfishly allowed their pet to breed. Then
not finding homes for the pups or kittens, dumped them at the shelter - if
not along some country road.

cyberpurrs
November 3rd 09, 05:56 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
> He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine to
> take it to a different path.
>
> If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is enjoying
> the attention you are giving him.
>

> Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3

Aren't you proud of me? I kfed after one reply. *beam*

Kelly Greene
November 3rd 09, 05:58 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

>> It's a shame you care nothing about the suffering of homeless domestic
>> cats.
>
> **I care about cats so much that I care about the whole cat.

No you don't. You have some agenda and it's not caring about the "whole"
cat. The longest lived and healthiest cats are the cats that are neutered
and kept indoors.

MLB[_2_]
November 3rd 09, 06:05 AM
cyberpurrs wrote:

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>> I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
>> He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine
>> to take it to a different path.
>>
>> If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is
>> enjoying the attention you are giving him.
>>

>> Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3
>>

> Aren't you proud of me? I kfed after one reply. *beam*

So did I. He is boring!

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 06:50 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> If the females come into HEAT, he will breed with them unless he is too
>>> old, starved, sick, crippled or diseased to do so. He is hormonally
>>> driven and doesn't consider the number of cats in your yard or barn. He
>>> has no way to know the act of sex results in kittens = more cats.
>>
>> You seem to think that cats have no control over their hormones and heat
>> cycles.
>
> I know for a fact they don't. They cycle just like dogs and other
> mammals. If they're in even reasonable health and have enough nutrition,
> they will come in heat and breed.
>
>>> And they always will be UNTIL they die of accident, disease or are
>>> killed by fox, coyotes, dogs, hateful people, sociopathic kids......
>>
>> The point is, the fact that feral cats are even out there means that they
>> are finding some way to survive.
>
> Yes, they survive until they're run over, a dog kills them, a hawk picks
> them off, some sadistic child stones them to death, disease infects
> them.....

In other words, they survive until the end of their lives, as do we all.

>>> If you couldn't care less if these homeless cats live or die - why are
>>> you here on this NG?
>>
>> I don't want any creature to die. I just don't let it get me down,
>> because
>> death has been a fact of life on this planet ever since it began.
>
> Of course it is. The point is, DON'T ADD TO IT!!!!!!!

Right. And we add to it every day not by letting them wander around, but by
euthanizing them.

>>> Mutilation? Painful for the male? Anesthesia is used just like in
>>> humans.
>>
>> You can't know because you're female.
>
> I watched many male cats be castrated. Anesthesia is used and there is no
> pain involved.

You don't know how the male cats felt afterward.

>My sex has irrelevant.

I said enough.

>>> You keep trying to give them human traits which they do not have. They
>>> are fully themselves "fixed" or not. You seem totally unaware that
>>> literally thousands if not millions of cats are put to death in shelters
>>> every year because there aren't enough homes for them all.
>>

>> Easy solution: stop sending cats to Auschwitz cat shelters!
>
> Where do we send them then when their population has them suffering,
> starving and dying of disease?

Take care of them, like I do. In response, the grackle population is
solved, the rat and mice problem is solved, no more snakes and lizards,
and we are totally appreciated.

Cat and man made this pact a long, long time ago. That is why cats
even live with us.

>>> I'm starting to think you are a troll. Anyone who thinks cats know
>>> about abstinence and that sex equals more cats has to be a troll.
>>
>> If nothing else, I am strengthening your own argument, if you continue
>> to hold onto to it, so cool it.
>
> I am cool or I wouldn't even bother to reply to you. The last thing we
> and cats themselves need, is MORE CATS. I suggest you do some volunteer
> work at a local shelter and be there on euthanasia day. You will quickly
> change your mind about excess cats and dogs due to them not being
> neutered. Mostly because someone mindlessly and selfishly allowed their
> pet to breed. Then not finding homes for the pups or kittens, dumped them
> at the shelter - if not along some country road.

Sure, too many cats, too many dogs, kill, kill, kill.
I am the one that shouldn't bother replying.

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 06:52 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>

>>> It's a shame you care nothing about the suffering of homeless domestic
>>> cats.
>>
>> **I care about cats so much that I care about the whole cat.
>
> No you don't. You have some agenda and it's not caring about the "whole"
> cat. The longest lived and healthiest cats are the cats that are neutered
> and kept indoors.

How do you know how happy a cat is?
Neutering takes away from a male cat's sporting ways, and takes away
his adventurous spirit. And spaying deprives a female cat of
what she is created for.

Phil P.
November 3rd 09, 04:46 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...
> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
> animal digest (ughh!)?
>
> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
> dry food I have come across!
>
> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. If you let me know
where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of cat
food. Only the good stuff.

Phil

Matthew[_3_]
November 3rd 09, 05:28 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>>I don't know why you all are arguing with an obvious troll.
>> He is just playing I am a intelligent person, high and mighty routine to
>> take it to a different path.
>>
>> If he is not a troll than he is a very ignorant person that is enjoying
>> the attention you are giving him.
>>

>> Move on folks you can't fix Stupid. I gave him a rating of -3
>
> I'm just going against the grain, against the system.
> And you are going with it?
> What has the system ever done for you?

ROFLMAO
Well it does give me the opportunity to laugh at idiots like yourself.
Thanks for the laugh it only proved my point.
<walking away laughing so hard my sides hurt>

cybercat
November 3rd 09, 06:22 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>> animal digest (ughh!)?
>>
>> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
>> the
>> dry food I have come across!
>>
>> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>
>> Mark
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. If you let me know
> where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of cat
> food. Only the good stuff.

Marry me, Phil. Oh no, wait, I am already married.

Mark Earnest
November 3rd 09, 10:30 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>> How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
>> animal digest (ughh!)?
>>
>> I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
>> of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
>> the
>> dry food I have come across!
>>
>> Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
>> help out more wild neighborhood cats?
>>
>> Mark
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. If you let me know
> where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of cat
> food. Only the good stuff.
>
> Phil

Thanks, Phil, but just save yourself the postage and give it to the cats
in your neighborhood. That would mean as much to me.

Mark

Phil P.
November 4th 09, 02:47 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
ca...

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> >
> > "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> > netamerica...
> > I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. If you let me know
> > where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of
cat
> > food. Only the good stuff.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Thanks, Phil, but just save yourself the postage and give it to the cats
> in your neighborhood. That would mean as much to me.
>
> Mark

Its no problem. I'd be happy to drop off a few bags. Just let me know the
location. If you prefer, you can email me privately with the location.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 03:57 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> ca...
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> > netamerica...
>> > I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. If you let me know
>> > where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of
> cat
>> > food. Only the good stuff.
>> >
>> > Phil
>>
>> Thanks, Phil, but just save yourself the postage and give it to the cats
>> in your neighborhood. That would mean as much to me.
>>
>> Mark
>
> Its no problem. I'd be happy to drop off a few bags. Just let me know the
> location. If you prefer, you can email me privately with the location.

Phil, my apologies if your intentions are genuine, and they do just about
seem to be...but as you can see from this group, I have a lot of enemies.

I hope you understand.

Mark

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 04:13 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> Where are you seeing them and what are they preying on? Birds?
>

> In my city, all through my life I have witnessed cats killing and eating
> birds, squirrels, and rodents. They also have been known to eat
> lizards and fish.

All creatures not able to cope with cats since they have no evolutionary
experience with them.

> Cats are not
>> native to America.

> Niether are most people.

Human beings are indeed native to America. Humans have been here for
thousands of years. No so housecats.

Cats in America are still wild, because they live
> by their wits in a hostile territory. I say hostile, because they are
> hunted
> by "merciful" people and euthanized.

And you feel it's kinder to have them die of starvation, dehydration,
disease, cruel people who poison them...... you're all heart and part of the
reason the suffering continues. It's people like you who keep the shelters
full unwanted animals.

> In areas where roaming cats are common the number and
>> variety of birds are lower than neighborhoods that don't have large
>> numbers of strays.
>
> Of course. Cats are skillled hunters. Just as in Africa.

And the valuable birds that eat the insects and bugs that plague mankind
mean nothing to you. The disruption of the ecosystem means nothing to you?
Can you be the cold-blooded or ignorant? Stop comparing housecats to lions
and tigers.

>>> In the wild, disease,

cyberpurrs
November 4th 09, 04:14 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> ca...

>> cat

>>> Thanks, Phil, but just save yourself the postage and give it to the cats
>>> in your neighborhood. That would mean as much to me.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>
>> Its no problem. I'd be happy to drop off a few bags. Just let me know the
>> location. If you prefer, you can email me privately with the location.
>
> Phil, my apologies if your intentions are genuine, and they do just about
> seem to be...but as you can see from this group, I have a lot of enemies.

You aren't significant enough to have any enemies, you idiot. lol

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 04:21 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> You don't think she meant it for the less fortunate alley cats?
>>> She just may have, you know. Maybe some animals only take what they
>>> need.
>>
>> How would she know about less fortunate alley cats?
>
> You would think that one cat would be aware of the other cats in the
> neighborhood, wouldn't you?

How? Even if she was, she doesn't think and reason as a human would. Why do
you insist on anthromorphisizing cats?

> Where are you getting
>> these ideas from?
>
> Just from observing cats and daring to think in ways that make sense, at
> the risk of being called a troll.

It makes sense to you to claim cats think on and are as intelligent as human
beings? That makes no sense at all an is trollish.

> Most people would never take such a risk.

Most people KNOW better than to give cats human abilities to think and
reason.

>>> I always looked at populations of creatures collectively, as if they all
>>> get together and do a mutual thing for the benefit of the whole.
>>
>> Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed. Unnaturally fed cats will
>> reproduce and eventually end up in a shelter. That's the bottom line.
>
> That is our fault for putting them where they will be killed.
> We need to stop that.

What do you suggest society do with them all? They carry several human
diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to mention
rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very sheltered shut-in
life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

>>> Well, the writers of cartoons like Garfield have been successful and
>>> made good money off of anthropomorphizing cats for a long time,
>>> so there must be something to it.
>>
>> Are we talking about businesses and cartoons, or real live cats?
>
> Real live cats.
>
> We make cats like us when we treat them that way.

We don't MAKE cats do anything. And they're not human nor do they think or
reason as humans do. For some reason you can't accept that fact. A cartoon
is a cartoon, nothing more.

>> Not here in the USA. Roaming housecats and strays become dinner for red
>> and blue fox, coyotes, large hawks.........
>
> Well, cats in general are top of the food chain.

No they're not. You've been told that before. This isn't Africa and
housecats are not lions and cheetahs.

> There is always an exception, even for the lions and tigers.

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 04:38 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> Yes, they survive until they're run over, a dog kills them, a hawk picks
>> them off, some sadistic child stones them to death, disease infects
>> them.....
>
> In other words, they survive until the end of their lives, as do we all.

Until the miserable painful disease and parasite ridden end of their short
lives, yes, since they are not human beings as you are trying to make them
out to be. Those of us who care about cats, unlike you, try to prevent all
that suffering by having them neutered and placed in homes. Their suffering
seems to mean nothing to you.

>>> I don't want any creature to die. I just don't let it get me down,
>>> because
>>> death has been a fact of life on this planet ever since it began.
>>
>> Of course it is. The point is, DON'T ADD TO IT!!!!!!!

> Right. And we add to it every day not by letting them wander around, but
> by euthanizing them.

What do you suggest we do with the millions and millions of cats no one
wants? Cats selfish people like you allow to be born to suffer and die on
the streets and rural wooded areas? Unvaccinated cats that can carry rabies
or spread other infections to humans.

>> I watched many male cats be castrated. Anesthesia is used and there is no
>> pain involved.
>
> You don't know how the male cats felt afterward.

How do you think they felt and why? Who gave them an education on sexual
matters? Who told them about testicles and what they do? Why do you keep
trying to make them human beings? The cat has no idea what was done when
he, or she, wakes up.

> >My sex has irrelevant.
>
> I said enough.

So have I. No cat ever read a book on sex or reproduction.

>>> Easy solution: stop sending cats to Auschwitz cat shelters!
>>
>> Where do we send them then when their population has them suffering,
>> starving and dying of disease?

> Take care of them, like I do.

You're not taking care of them. You asked about the *cheapest food* to feed
them. You're not neutering or vaccinating them. You're allowing them to
reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens. If
no cats were euthanized, every town and city would be overrun with them.
Quality of life for humans, and safety must come first.

In response, the grackle population is
> solved, the rat and mice problem is solved, no more snakes and lizards,
> and we are totally appreciated.

Can you really be this stupid? Dumb enough to post such crap? You may
appreciate a world with nothing but starving diseased cats, but the rest of
society would never go along. If you weren't home schooled you would know
the importance to lizards, birds and snakes in the environment.

> Cat and man made this pact a long, long time ago. That is why cats
> even live with us.

What pact? Are you going keep claiming cats are really like humans?

>>> If nothing else, I am strengthening your own argument, if you continue
>>> to hold onto to it, so cool it.

>> I am cool or I wouldn't even bother to reply to you. The last thing we
>> and cats themselves need, is MORE CATS. I suggest you do some volunteer
>> work at a local shelter and be there on euthanasia day. You will quickly
>> change your mind about excess cats and dogs due to them not being
>> neutered. Mostly because someone mindlessly and selfishly allowed their
>> pet to breed. Then not finding homes for the pups or kittens, dumped
>> them at the shelter - if not along some country road.

> Sure, too many cats, too many dogs, kill, kill, kill.
> I am the one that shouldn't bother replying.

What other alternative is there when they overpopulate, start to starve,
become the victims of humans and predators and can and do carry diseases
that cross over to humans? And don't give me the BS that everyone should
feed them when you yourself are looking for the cheapest garbage to feed the
ones you're encouraging to reproduce.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 04:44 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...

>>> **I care about cats so much that I care about the whole cat.
>>
>> No you don't. You have some agenda and it's not caring about the "whole"
>> cat. The longest lived and healthiest cats are the cats that are
>> neutered and kept indoors.
>
> How do you know how happy a cat is?

The same way I know how miserable they are. If you can't tell you shouldn't
have a cat.

> Neutering takes away from a male cat's sporting ways, and takes away
> his adventurous spirit.

And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
spirits.

And spaying deprives a female cat of
> what she is created for.

Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to reproduce.
Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother and other women
in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years? The female cat is not
deprived because she knows nothing about motherhood since she cannot read
books or watch sex shows on TV.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 04:48 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> Phil, my apologies if your intentions are genuine, and they do just about
> seem to be...but as you can see from this group, I have a lot of enemies.
>
> I hope you understand.
>
> Mark

You don't have enemies. You have real cat lovers trying to help you see that
what you're doing is not kind unless you have those cats neutered and
release them, or find them homes. You've made no mention of finding any of
them homes.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 06:05 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Where are you seeing them and what are they preying on? Birds?
>>

>> In my city, all through my life I have witnessed cats killing and eating
>> birds, squirrels, and rodents. They also have been known to eat
>> lizards and fish.
>
> All creatures not able to cope with cats since they have no evolutionary
> experience with them.

Too bad for them. Cats are top of the food chain.

>> Cats are not
>>> native to America.
>
>> Niether are most people.
>
> Human beings are indeed native to America. Humans have been here for
> thousands of years. No so housecats.
>
> Cats in America are still wild, because they live
>> by their wits in a hostile territory. I say hostile, because they are
>> hunted
>> by "merciful" people and euthanized.
>
> And you feel it's kinder to have them die of starvation, dehydration,
> disease, cruel people who poison them...... you're all heart and part of
> the reason the suffering continues. It's people like you who keep the
> shelters full unwanted animals.

Kelly, get real.

Cats have been around for thousands of years, and in some stretch for
millions of years.

And all through history we have no historic or even fossil record of cats
overruning the human population and causing an ecological problem.

If cat reproduction never caused a problem in the past, why do you think it
would cause a problem now?

If it did, don't you think evidence of this would at least be in our ancient
literature?

>> In areas where roaming cats are common the number and
>>> variety of birds are lower than neighborhoods that don't have large
>>> numbers of strays.
>>
>> Of course. Cats are skillled hunters. Just as in Africa.
>
> And the valuable birds that eat the insects and bugs that plague mankind
> mean nothing to you. The disruption of the ecosystem means nothing to
> you?

Most human beings eat animals.

Cats are just like us.

I don't feel sorry for the chicken I just had for supper. Not a bit.
It had a happy life, and it ended.

Cats are more important than chickens, since they are our companions.

> Can you be the cold-blooded or ignorant? Stop comparing housecats to
> lions and tigers.

They are all felines, just as dogs are wolves of a sort.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 06:15 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> How would she know about less fortunate alley cats?
>>
>> You would think that one cat would be aware of the other cats in the
>> neighborhood, wouldn't you?
>
> How? Even if she was, she doesn't think and reason as a human would. Why
> do you insist on anthromorphisizing cats?

Kelly, cats know about other cats. How do you think there ever comes to be
kittens?

>> Where are you getting
>>> these ideas from?
>>
>> Just from observing cats and daring to think in ways that make sense, at
>> the risk of being called a troll.
>
> It makes sense to you to claim cats think on and are as intelligent as
> human beings? That makes no sense at all an is trollish.

In many ways cats are more intelligent than human beings.
How many human beings that you know of can just walk up to a perfect
stranger and get adopted?

>> Most people would never take such a risk.
>
> Most people KNOW better than to give cats human abilities to think and
> reason.

>>> Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed. Unnaturally fed cats
>>> will reproduce and eventually end up in a shelter. That's the bottom
>>> line.
>>
>> That is our fault for putting them where they will be killed.
>> We need to stop that.
>
> What do you suggest society do with them all?

First, stop harming them. Second, supplement their nature kills
with occasional food. Of course, vaccinate them by all means, since
that means so much to you.

We have no right to kill them. We have no right to mutilate them.
Just let them reproduce, just as so many other animals of the world
freely do without creating a problem.

They carry several human
> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very sheltered
> shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

>>> Are we talking about businesses and cartoons, or real live cats?
>>
>> Real live cats.
>>
>> We make cats like us when we treat them that way.
>
> We don't MAKE cats do anything. And they're not human nor do they think
> or reason as humans do. For some reason you can't accept that fact. A
> cartoon is a cartoon, nothing more.

Well, you're on a tangent, here, but cartoons are much more than they appear
to be. If they make us laugh,then in some way they are real.
And that reality gets carried over to the observable reality.
That is just the way things work in the real world.

Do you really think people would be so interested in fiction if it were all
a lie? It is reality. Reality in symbols.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 06:27 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yes, they survive until they're run over, a dog kills them, a hawk picks
>>> them off, some sadistic child stones them to death, disease infects
>>> them.....
>>
>> In other words, they survive until the end of their lives, as do we all.
>
> Until the miserable painful disease and parasite ridden end of their short
> lives, yes, since they are not human beings as you are trying to make them
> out to be. Those of us who care about cats, unlike you, try to prevent all
> that suffering by having them neutered and placed in homes. Their
> suffering seems to mean nothing to you.

>>> Of course it is. The point is, DON'T ADD TO IT!!!!!!!
>
>> Right. And we add to it every day not by letting them wander around, but
>> by euthanizing them.
>
> What do you suggest we do with the millions and millions of cats no one
> wants? Cats selfish people like you allow to be born to suffer and die on
> the streets and rural wooded areas? Unvaccinated cats that can carry
> rabies or spread other infections to humans.
>
>>> I watched many male cats be castrated. Anesthesia is used and there is
>>> no pain involved.
>>
>> You don't know how the male cats felt afterward.
>
> How do you think they felt and why?

Being their same gender, it is easy for me to imagine such pain.

Who gave them an education on sexual
> matters? Who told them about testicles and what they do? Why do you keep
> trying to make them human beings? The cat has no idea what was done when
> he, or she, wakes up.

>> >My sex has irrelevant.
>>
>> I said enough.
>
> So have I. No cat ever read a book on sex or reproduction.

>>> Where do we send them then when their population has them suffering,
>>> starving and dying of disease?
>
>> Take care of them, like I do.
>
> You're not taking care of them. You asked about the *cheapest food* to
> feed them. You're not neutering or vaccinating them.

I won't neuter them, but I may vaccinate them.

You're allowing them to
> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.

Kittens are no problem!

Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.

My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.

As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
heard from again.

They were picked up. They were adopted.
Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.

If
> no cats were euthanized, every town and city would be overrun with them.
> Quality of life for humans, and safety must come first.
>
> In response, the grackle population is
>> solved, the rat and mice problem is solved, no more snakes and lizards,
>> and we are totally appreciated.
>
> Can you really be this stupid? Dumb enough to post such crap? You may
> appreciate a world with nothing but starving diseased cats, but the rest
> of society would never go along. If you weren't home schooled you would
> know the importance to lizards, birds and snakes in the environment.

It takes all of the creatures of the ecosystem to ballance the lizards and
the snakes and the birds.

>> Cat and man made this pact a long, long time ago. That is why cats
>> even live with us.
>
> What pact? Are you going keep claiming cats are really like humans?

Yes, I am. Cat is one creature, just as Man is. And one day millions of
years ago they made a pact, where Man would provide shelter and snacks and
companionship, in return for cat keeping the villages free of disease
carrying vermin and keep the bird population from getting out of control.
Maybe individual people did not notice it, but it happened.

>>> I am cool or I wouldn't even bother to reply to you. The last thing we
>>> and cats themselves need, is MORE CATS. I suggest you do some volunteer
>>> work at a local shelter and be there on euthanasia day. You will
>>> quickly change your mind about excess cats and dogs due to them not
>>> being neutered. Mostly because someone mindlessly and selfishly allowed
>>> their pet to breed. Then not finding homes for the pups or kittens,
>>> dumped them at the shelter - if not along some country road.
>
>> Sure, too many cats, too many dogs, kill, kill, kill.
>> I am the one that shouldn't bother replying.
>
> What other alternative is there when they overpopulate, start to starve,
> become the victims of humans and predators and can and do carry diseases
> that cross over to humans? And don't give me the BS that everyone should
> feed them when you yourself are looking for the cheapest garbage to feed
> the ones you're encouraging to reproduce.

Better to lower the quality of their food than to kill them.
And I am sure they--the cats--would readily agree.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 06:30 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...

>>> No you don't. You have some agenda and it's not caring about the "whole"
>>> cat. The longest lived and healthiest cats are the cats that are
>>> neutered and kept indoors.
>>
>> How do you know how happy a cat is?
>
> The same way I know how miserable they are. If you can't tell you
> shouldn't have a cat.

Cats can survive, but few of them thrive.

>> Neutering takes away from a male cat's sporting ways, and takes away
>> his adventurous spirit.
>
> And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
> spirits.

Then you don't know your cat.

> And spaying deprives a female cat of
>> what she is created for.
>
> Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to reproduce.
> Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother and other
> women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years? The female cat
> is not deprived because she knows nothing about motherhood since she
> cannot read books or watch sex shows on TV.

When I was dating just about every female was totally interested in being a
mother some day.

Cats would be the same way.

MLB[_2_]
November 4th 09, 08:39 PM
Mark Earnest wrote:
> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> netamerica...
>>> How do you know how happy a cat is?
>> The same way I know how miserable they are. If you can't tell you
>> shouldn't have a cat.
>
> Cats can survive, but few of them thrive.
>

>>> Neutering takes away from a male cat's sporting ways, and takes away
>>> his adventurous spirit.
>> And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
>> spirits.
>
> Then you don't know your cat.
>

>> And spaying deprives a female cat of
>>> what she is created for.
>> Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to reproduce.
>> Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother and other
>> women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years? The female cat
>> is not deprived because she knows nothing about motherhood since she
>> cannot read books or watch sex shows on TV.
>
> When I was dating just about every female was totally interested in being a
> mother some day.
> ++How many times did you help them out?++
> Cats would be the same way.

Mark Earnest
November 4th 09, 10:38 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Mark Earnest wrote:
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>> netamerica...
>>> The same way I know how miserable they are. If you can't tell you
>>> shouldn't have a cat.
>>
>> Cats can survive, but few of them thrive.

>>> And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
>>> spirits.
>>
>> Then you don't know your cat.
>>

>>> And spaying deprives a female cat of
>>> Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to
>>> reproduce. Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother
>>> and other women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years?
>>> The female cat is not deprived because she knows nothing about
>>> motherhood since she cannot read books or watch sex shows on TV.
>>
>> When I was dating just about every female was totally interested in being
>> a mother some day.
>> ++How many times did you help them out?++

That's not the way you help them out...by seeing how many times
you can. Unless you're a tomcat.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 10:49 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> All creatures not able to cope with cats since they have no evolutionary
>> experience with them.
>
> Too bad for them. Cats are top of the food chain.

Cats are *NOT* at the top of the food chain. That's been explained to you
already. Coyotes, hawks and fox all eat housecats. Are you unable to learn?
A learning disability perhaps? The birds were here first and are an
important part of our ecosystem.

>> And you feel it's kinder to have them die of starvation, dehydration,
>> disease, cruel people who poison them...... you're all heart and part of
>> the reason the suffering continues. It's people like you who keep the
>> shelters full unwanted animals.
>
> Kelly, get real.

No, you get real. You're living in some fantasyland, some dream world of
your own.

> Cats have been around for thousands of years, and in some stretch for
> millions of years.

But here in America. They're not native here and you should know this
already.

> And all through history we have no historic or even fossil record of cats
> overruning the human population and causing an ecological problem.
> If cat reproduction never caused a problem in the past, why do you think
> it would cause a problem now?
>
> If it did, don't you think evidence of this would at least be in our
> ancient
> literature?

Because disease and predation and man kept down their populations as we
still do. How can you be so ignorant of the facts?

>>> Of course. Cats are skillled hunters. Just as in Africa.
>>
>> And the valuable birds that eat the insects and bugs that plague mankind
>> mean nothing to you. The disruption of the ecosystem means nothing to
>> you?
>
> Most human beings eat animals.

Irrelevant. 99.9% of our diet is farm animals raised for food, not wild
animals or song birds.

> Cats are just like us.

No they're not. Do you have a learning disability?

> I don't feel sorry for the chicken I just had for supper. Not a bit.
> It had a happy life, and it ended.
> Cats are more important than chickens, since they are our companions.

And chickens are also pets to some people. As loved and important as any cat
or dog.

>> Can you be the cold-blooded or ignorant? Stop comparing housecats to
>> lions and tigers.

> They are all felines, just as dogs are wolves of a sort.

So? They're not lions, tigers. They domestic cats about midway on the food
chain in the USA.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 11:16 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>
>> How? Even if she was, she doesn't think and reason as a human would. Why
>> do you insist on anthromorphisizing cats?
>
> Kelly, cats know about other cats. How do you think there ever comes to
> be kittens?

Wasn't this already explained to you? Do you even read the replies you get?
Answer me this: How old are you and were you home schooled?

>> It makes sense to you to claim cats think on and are as intelligent as
>> human beings? That makes no sense at all an is trollish.

> In many ways cats are more intelligent than human beings.
> How many human beings that you know of can just walk up to a perfect
> stranger and get adopted?

More comparing apples to oranges? Handbags to trench coats?

>>> That is our fault for putting them where they will be killed.
>>> We need to stop that.
>>
>> What do you suggest society do with them all?

> First, stop harming them. Second, supplement their nature kills
> with occasional food. Of course, vaccinate them by all means, since
> that means so much to you.

Are you aware they carry several human
diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very sheltered
shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

> We have no right to kill them. We have no right to mutilate them.

We have no right to allow them to suffer and die of disease and starvation
either.

> Just let them reproduce, just as so many other animals of the world
> freely do without creating a problem.

And when their numbers reach deadly proportions due to uncontrolled
breeding?

> They carry several human
>> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
>> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very
>> sheltered shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat
>> lovers.

You didn't comment on the dangers of stray cats to humans, especially
children.

>>> We make cats like us when we treat them that way.
>>
>> We don't MAKE cats do anything. And they're not human nor do they think
>> or reason as humans do. For some reason you can't accept that fact. A
>> cartoon is a cartoon, nothing more.

> Well, you're on a tangent, here, but cartoons are much more than they
> appear to be. If they make us laugh,then in some way they are real.
> And that reality gets carried over to the observable reality.
> That is just the way things work in the real world.

Only in YOUR world. Did you ever see a Mickey Mouse cartoon? Do you feed
the mice and rats in your home and neighborhood?

> Do you really think people would be so interested in fiction if it were
> all a lie? It is reality. Reality in symbols.

Only in YOUR mind. The rest of us enjoy them and don't start giving animals
human traits and reasoning ability.

Kelly Greene
November 4th 09, 11:39 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

>>> You don't know how the male cats felt afterward.
>>
>> How do you think they felt and why?
>
> Being their same gender, it is easy for me to imagine such pain.

What pain? Anesthesia is used just like in human surgery. They are asleep.
This has been explained to you but you seem unable to learn.
Who gave them an education on sexual matters? Who told them about testicles
and what they do? Why do you keep trying to make them human beings? The
cat has no idea what was done when
he, or she, wakes up.

>> You're not taking care of them. You asked about the *cheapest food* to
>> feed them. You're not neutering or vaccinating them.

> I won't neuter them, but I may vaccinate them.

Of course you wont neuter them. You want more and more cats to suffer and
die an early death.

> You're allowing them to
>> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.
>
> Kittens are no problem!

Oh, you'll keep them all in your home and care and protect for them the rest
of their natural lives?

> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.

Good for you. Four more that will eventually end up in a shelter somewhere,
if they live long enough.

> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
> heard from again.

That doesn't surprise me. No doubt a cruel child killed them or a mean
spirited adult did away with them - or someone took them to a shelter.

> They were picked up. They were adopted.
> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.

Keep dreaming!

> If
>> no cats were euthanized, every town and city would be overrun with them.
>> Quality of life for humans, and safety must come first.
>>
>> In response, the grackle population is
>>> solved, the rat and mice problem is solved, no more snakes and lizards,
>>> and we are totally appreciated.
>>
>> Can you really be this stupid? Dumb enough to post such crap? You may
>> appreciate a world with nothing but starving diseased cats, but the rest
>> of society would never go along. If you weren't home schooled you would
>> know the importance to lizards, birds and snakes in the environment.
>
> It takes all of the creatures of the ecosystem to ballance the lizards and
> the snakes and the birds.

You've been told already that domestic housecats are not a natural part of
the ecosystem here in the USA.

>>> Cat and man made this pact a long, long time ago. That is why cats
>>> even live with us.
>>
>> What pact? Are you going keep claiming cats are really like humans?
>

> Yes, I am. Cat is one creature, just as Man is. And one day millions of
> years ago they made a pact, where Man would provide shelter and snacks and
> companionship, in return for cat keeping the villages free of disease
> carrying vermin and keep the bird population from getting out of control.
> Maybe individual people did not notice it, but it happened.

Provide the site where you read this nonsense. You just make up BS as you
go. You failed to mention that cats themselves pass disease on to humans.
Cats did not keep the villages free of rats and mice and disease. You should
have learned about the Bubonic Plague where 13,000,000 people died had you
paid attention in school. The disease came from the fleas on these rodents.
Europe had plenty of cats at the time as you know. Birds do not need cats to
control their numbers. The food supply controls it.

>>> Sure, too many cats, too many dogs, kill, kill, kill.
>>> I am the one that shouldn't bother replying.
>>
>> What other alternative is there when they overpopulate, start to starve,
>> become the victims of humans and predators and can and do carry diseases
>> that cross over to humans? And don't give me the BS that everyone should
>> feed them when you yourself are looking for the cheapest garbage to feed
>> the ones you're encouraging to reproduce.

> Better to lower the quality of their food than to kill them.
> And I am sure they--the cats--would readily agree.

You are killing them.... and you're doing it with a happy smile on your
face.

Kelly Greene
November 5th 09, 12:01 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

>>> Neutering takes away from a male cat's sporting ways, and takes away
>>> his adventurous spirit.
>>
>> And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
>> spirits.
>
> Then you don't know your cat.

Of course I knew my cats. They lived in the house with me. Since you never
had one neutered you have no idea what changes would take place, if any. My
male cats stopped trying to rip holes in the screens to get out and look for
a female in heat. They stopped spraying urine everywhere. Their strong
smell vanished. They were happy to stay at home and laze on sunny
windowsills, play with their toys and do what normal housecats do.

>> Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to
>> reproduce. Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother
>> and other women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years? The
>> female cat is not deprived because she knows nothing about motherhood
>> since she cannot read books or watch sex shows on TV.
>
> When I was dating just about every female was totally interested in being
> a mother some day.

You didn't answer the questions: Does your wife have a child every 2 years?
Did your mother and other
women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years?

> Cats would be the same way.

How would they know about sex and motherhood since they can't read books and
no one can explain it to them?

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 02:22 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>> All creatures not able to cope with cats since they have no evolutionary
>>> experience with them.
>>
>> Too bad for them. Cats are top of the food chain.
>
> Cats are *NOT* at the top of the food chain. That's been explained to you
> already. Coyotes, hawks and fox all eat housecats. Are you unable to
> learn? A learning disability perhaps? The birds were here first and are
> an important part of our ecosystem.

Sometimes I wonder if you are even part of the same world I am living in.
Facts mean nothing to you. Logic means nothing to you. Even making things
totally simple means nothing to you. You have your mind made up that I am
wrong and that is all that matters to you. If this is a personal struggle
for superiority, give it up. I know what I am talking about.

For your information, coyotes, hawks and foxes hardly even matter to the cat
population at large.

But you already knew that. This is just a personal thing you have
for proving me wrong.

>>> And you feel it's kinder to have them die of starvation, dehydration,
>>> disease, cruel people who poison them...... you're all heart and part of
>>> the reason the suffering continues. It's people like you who keep the
>>> shelters full unwanted animals.
>>
>> Kelly, get real.
>
> No, you get real. You're living in some fantasyland, some dream world of
> your own.

>> Cats have been around for thousands of years, and in some stretch for
>> millions of years.
>

> But here in America. They're not native here and you should know this
> already.
>

>> And all through history we have no historic or even fossil record of cats
>> overruning the human population and causing an ecological problem.
>> If cat reproduction never caused a problem in the past, why do you think
>> it would cause a problem now?
>>
>> If it did, don't you think evidence of this would at least be in our
>> ancient
>> literature?
>
> Because disease and predation and man kept down their populations as we
> still do. How can you be so ignorant of the facts?

What disease and predation? Cats face the same problems with their
ecosystem now as they did then. Only now, WE are the predators!

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 02:31 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> How? Even if she was, she doesn't think and reason as a human would. Why
>>> do you insist on anthromorphisizing cats?
>>
>> Kelly, cats know about other cats. How do you think there ever comes to
>> be kittens?
>
> Wasn't this already explained to you? Do you even read the replies you
> get? Answer me this: How old are you and were you home schooled?

I'll be 51 in 3 days. I had private and public eduction, and state college
education, in political science and psychology. I am also very good
at physics, particularly astrophysics.

I also know how man may conquer space.

>>> It makes sense to you to claim cats think on and are as intelligent as
>>> human beings? That makes no sense at all an is trollish.
>
>> In many ways cats are more intelligent than human beings.
>> How many human beings that you know of can just walk up to a perfect
>> stranger and get adopted?
>
> More comparing apples to oranges? Handbags to trench coats?

>>> What do you suggest society do with them all?
>
>> First, stop harming them. Second, supplement their nature kills
>> with occasional food. Of course, vaccinate them by all means, since
>> that means so much to you.
>
> Are you aware they carry several human
> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very sheltered
> shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

This was not a problem for thousands of years of recorded history.
And we can still vaccinate the wild cats if we want to. That is not a
problem. They can have little tags on their collars that designate
their vaccinations.

>> We have no right to kill them. We have no right to mutilate them.
>
> We have no right to allow them to suffer and die of disease and starvation
> either.
>
>> Just let them reproduce, just as so many other animals of the world
>> freely do without creating a problem.
>
> And when their numbers reach deadly proportions due to uncontrolled
> breeding?

Again...patiently...that hasn't happened in...thousands...of years of
recorded history...history in which there was abolutely NO neutering and
spaying of animals!

>> They carry several human
>>> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
>>> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very
>>> sheltered shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat
>>> lovers.
>
> You didn't comment on the dangers of stray cats to humans, especially
> children.

Well, I did now.

See above.

>>> We don't MAKE cats do anything. And they're not human nor do they think
>>> or reason as humans do. For some reason you can't accept that fact. A
>>> cartoon is a cartoon, nothing more.
>
>> Well, you're on a tangent, here, but cartoons are much more than they
>> appear to be. If they make us laugh,then in some way they are real.
>> And that reality gets carried over to the observable reality.
>> That is just the way things work in the real world.
>
> Only in YOUR world.

Well thank you. I didn't know the world was mine.

Did you ever see a Mickey Mouse cartoon? Do you feed
> the mice and rats in your home and neighborhood?

I have before, when they were gerbils and hamsters.

>> Do you really think people would be so interested in fiction if it were
>> all a lie? It is reality. Reality in symbols.
>
> Only in YOUR mind. The rest of us enjoy them and don't start giving
> animals human traits and reasoning ability.

What a dull world we would live in if that were true.

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 02:37 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...

>>> How do you think they felt and why?
>>
>> Being their same gender, it is easy for me to imagine such pain.
>
> What pain? Anesthesia is used just like in human surgery. They are asleep.

Like I said, you can't know because you're female. Ask some male you
do trust how he would like getting castrated. Then maybe you will
have some inclination.

> This has been explained to you but you seem unable to learn.
> Who gave them an education on sexual matters? Who told them about
> testicles and what they do? Why do you keep trying to make them human
> beings? The cat has no idea what was done when
> he, or she, wakes up.
>
> >> You're not taking care of them. You asked about the *cheapest food* to
>>> feed them. You're not neutering or vaccinating them.
>
>> I won't neuter them, but I may vaccinate them.
>
> Of course you wont neuter them. You want more and more cats to suffer and
> die an early death.
>
>> You're allowing them to
>>> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.
>>
>> Kittens are no problem!
>
> Oh, you'll keep them all in your home and care and protect for them the
> rest of their natural lives?

No, kittens like to explore. They go wherever they want to go.

>> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
>> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.
>
> Good for you. Four more that will eventually end up in a shelter
> somewhere, if they live long enough.

Like I said, you have already made up your mind that everything I say
is wrong. So if you are decided, why are you still talking to me?

>> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
>> heard from again.
>
> That doesn't surprise me. No doubt a cruel child killed them or a mean
> spirited adult did away with them - or someone took them to a shelter.
>

>> They were picked up. They were adopted.
>> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.
>
> Keep dreaming!
>

>> If
>>> no cats were euthanized, every town and city would be overrun with them.
>>> Quality of life for humans, and safety must come first.
>>>
>>> In response, the grackle population is
>>>
>>> Can you really be this stupid? Dumb enough to post such crap? You may
>>> appreciate a world with nothing but starving diseased cats, but the rest
>>> of society would never go along. If you weren't home schooled you would
>>> know the importance to lizards, birds and snakes in the environment.
>>
>> It takes all of the creatures of the ecosystem to ballance the lizards
>> and the snakes and the birds.
>
> You've been told already that domestic housecats are not a natural part of
> the ecosystem here in the USA.

But did I believe it? No. To the cats, humans are even merely a part of
*their* ecosystem.

Wherever the cat goes, that place becomes part of its ecosystem.
Did you assume that down through the ages, animals just stay put, and never
wander around?

jmc
November 5th 09, 02:39 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
> You're allowing them to
>> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.
>
> Kittens are no problem!
>
> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
>
> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.
>
> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
> heard from again.
>
> They were picked up. They were adopted.
> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.

::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::

Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!

Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could
have died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked
by kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than
that they would have a happy ending.

I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.

Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 02:42 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> netamerica...

>>> And what cat told you that? Neutering never changed my male cats high
>>> spirits.
>>
>> Then you don't know your cat.
>
> Of course I knew my cats. They lived in the house with me. Since you
> never had one neutered you have no idea what changes would take place, if
> any. My male cats stopped trying to rip holes in the screens to get out
> and look for a female in heat. They stopped spraying urine everywhere.
> Their strong smell vanished. They were happy to stay at home and laze on
> sunny windowsills, play with their toys and do what normal housecats do.
>

>>> Created for? You and your wife and mother were also created to
>>> reproduce. Does your wife have a child every 2 years? Did your mother
>>> and other women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years?
>>> The female cat is not deprived because she knows nothing about
>>> motherhood since she cannot read books or watch sex shows on TV.
>>
>> When I was dating just about every female was totally interested in being
>> a mother some day.
>
> You didn't answer the questions: Does your wife have a child every 2
> years?

No, we had the number we wanted, and stopped by the means
available to us.

> Did your mother and other
> women in your family have a new infant every 2 to 3 years?

No. They stopped, too.

I still believe, however, that couples should probably produce children
their whole lives.

That will be possible when we move to other worlds and colonize space.
I'm sure that sounds crazy to you, but most real things are proving that way
to you about now. Just wait till it happens in a few short years.

>> Cats would be the same way.
>
> How would they know about sex and motherhood since they can't read books
> and no one can explain it to them?

That amazing thing called instinct. Cats are born knowing how to care
for kittens, for example.

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 02:44 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> You're allowing them to
>>> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.
>>
>> Kittens are no problem!
>>
>> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
>>
>> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.
>>
>> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
>> heard from again.
>>
>> They were picked up. They were adopted.
>> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.
>>

> ::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
>
> Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!
>
> Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
> were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could have
> died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked by
> kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than that
> they would have a happy ending.

That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.

> I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
> hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.
>
> Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.

Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.

jmc
November 5th 09, 02:38 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):
> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
>>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>>> You're allowing them to
>>> Kittens are no problem!
>>>
>>> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
>>>
>>> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.
>>>
>>> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
>>> heard from again.
>>>
>>> They were picked up. They were adopted.
>>> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.
>>>
>> ::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
>>
>> Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!
>>
>> Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
>> were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could have
>> died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked by
>> kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than that
>> they would have a happy ending.
>
> That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
> total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.

And how is that not exactly what you're doing?

>> I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
>> hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.
>>
>> Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.
>
> Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.

Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change
your mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).

We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when
you refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about
your colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance.
Those of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work
with ferals well.

jmc

cybercat
November 5th 09, 04:09 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):

>>> ::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
>>>
>>> Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!
>>>
>>> Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
>>> were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could
>>> have died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked
>>> by kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than
>>> that they would have a happy ending.
>>
>> That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
>> total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.
>>

> And how is that not exactly what you're doing?
>

>>> I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
>>> hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.
>>>
>>> Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.
>>
>> Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.
>>

> Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change your
> mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).
>
> We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when you
> refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about your
> colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance. Those
> of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work with ferals
> well.

Let him blather on, if it makes him feel better. Just kf him if you don't
want to see him.

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 08:36 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):

>>> ::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
>>>
>>> Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!
>>>
>>> Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
>>> were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could
>>> have died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked
>>> by kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than
>>> that they would have a happy ending.
>>
>> That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
>> total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.
>>

> And how is that not exactly what you're doing?
>

>>> I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
>>> hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.
>>>
>>> Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.
>>
>> Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.
>>

> Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change your
> mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).
>
> We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when you
> refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about your
> colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance. Those
> of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work with ferals
> well.

Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just met?

It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.

jmc
November 5th 09, 10:13 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):
> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):

>>> That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
>>> total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.
>>>
>> And how is that not exactly what you're doing?

>>> Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.
>>>

>> Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change your
>> mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).
>>
>> We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when you
>> refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about your
>> colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance. Those
>> of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work with ferals
>> well.
>
> Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just met?
>
> It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.

Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given
the addy of a local shelter, for example.

And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We
were both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth
less than $10), but had a good working relationship for years, he
sending me parts when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift
with my check. It was a very useful relationship, actually. Not
everyone here is deviant and a predator.

jmc

Mark Earnest
November 5th 09, 10:20 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):

>>> And how is that not exactly what you're doing?

>>> Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change
>>> your mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).
>>>
>>> We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when
>>> you refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about
>>> your colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance.
>>> Those of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work with
>>> ferals well.
>>
>> Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just
>> met?
>>
>> It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.
>
> Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given the
> addy of a local shelter, for example.

It would get stolen there.

> And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
> truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We were
> both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth less than
> $10), but had a good working relationship for years, he sending me parts
> when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift with my check. It was
> a very useful relationship, actually. Not everyone here is deviant and a
> predator.

You've got to realize that those of this group almost without exception
have a less than favorable opinion of me. Any one of which would love
to post my personal home address up for all to see.

Kelly Greene
November 5th 09, 11:00 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
netamerica...

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> Cats are *NOT* at the top of the food chain. That's been explained to you
>> already. Coyotes, hawks and fox all eat housecats. Are you unable to
>> learn? A learning disability perhaps? The birds were here first and are
>> an important part of our ecosystem.
>
> Sometimes I wonder if you are even part of the same world I am living in.
> Facts mean nothing to you. Logic means nothing to you.

You're not logical when you claim cats are almost human and at the top of
the food chain when they are not. That cartoons can be taken
seriously.......

Even making things
> totally simple means nothing to you. You have your mind made up that I am
> wrong and that is all that matters to you.

Of course you are wrong. Anyone in a rural area will tell you how fox,
coyotes and large hawks will eat cats. They've seen it with their own eyes.

If this is a personal struggle
> for superiority, give it up. I know what I am talking about.

It has nothing to do with superiority. You are unable to learn anything.

> For your information, coyotes, hawks and foxes hardly even matter to the
> cat population at large.
>
> But you already knew that. This is just a personal thing you have
> for proving me wrong.

You are wrong. You have a learning disability and I'm wasting my time
replying to you.

>> Because disease and predation and man kept down their populations as we
>> still do. How can you be so ignorant of the facts?

> What disease and predation?

You are unable to learn anything so look up cat disease on Google yourself.

Cats face the same problems with their
> ecosystem now as they did then. Only now, WE are the predators!

Kelly Greene
November 5th 09, 11:13 PM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

>>> Kelly, cats know about other cats. How do you think there ever comes to
>>> be kittens?
>>
>> Wasn't this already explained to you? Do you even read the replies you
>> get? Answer me this: How old are you and were you home schooled?
>
> I'll be 51 in 3 days. I had private and public eduction, and state
> college
> education, in political science and psychology. I am also very good
> at physics, particularly astrophysics.
>
> I also know how man may conquer space.

I'm sure there are astrophysicists that would love to know that information.

>> Are you aware they carry several human
>> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
>> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very
>> sheltered
>> shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

> This was not a problem for thousands of years of recorded history.

Yes it was and it still occurs today.

> And we can still vaccinate the wild cats if we want to. That is not a
> problem.

You cannot vaccinate for cat-scratch-fever and roundworms.

They can have little tags on their collars that designate
> their vaccinations.

Now I know you're trolling...................

SNIP!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Greene
November 5th 09, 11:15 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
>> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> You're allowing them to
>>> reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.
>>
>> Kittens are no problem!
>>
>> Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.
>>
>> My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.
>>
>> As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
>> heard from again.
>>
>> They were picked up. They were adopted.
>> Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.
>>

> ::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
>
> Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!
>
> Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
> were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could have
> died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked by
> kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than that
> they would have a happy ending.
>
> I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
> hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.
>
> Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.

I just did. See my reply to him above. He's either a troll, or I agree, he's
and idiot.

Mark Earnest
November 6th 09, 12:08 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message

>>> Wasn't this already explained to you? Do you even read the replies you
>>> get? Answer me this: How old are you and were you home schooled?
>>
>> I'll be 51 in 3 days. I had private and public eduction, and state
>> college
>> education, in political science and psychology. I am also very good
>> at physics, particularly astrophysics.
>>
>> I also know how man may conquer space.
>
> I'm sure there are astrophysicists that would love to know that
> information.
>
>>> Are you aware they carry several human
>>> diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
>>> mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very
>>> sheltered
>>> shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.
>
>> This was not a problem for thousands of years of recorded history.
>
> Yes it was and it still occurs today.
>
>> And we can still vaccinate the wild cats if we want to. That is not a
>> problem.
>
> You cannot vaccinate for cat-scratch-fever and roundworms.
>
> They can have little tags on their collars that designate
>> their vaccinations.
>
> Now I know you're trolling...................
>
> SNIP!!!!!!!!!!

And the utterance, trolling, is devoid of meaning, except for
taking you for a ride.

We did good, Kate. I worked on a solution, and you found holes in it, so
that I could come up with an even better solution...

....for our cats.

jmc
November 6th 09, 12:25 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 5:20 PM):
> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):

>>> Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just
>>> met?
>>>
>>> It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.
>> Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given the
>> addy of a local shelter, for example.
>
> It would get stolen there.
>
>> And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
>> truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We were
>> both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth less than
>> $10), but had a good working relationship for years, he sending me parts
>> when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift with my check. It was
>> a very useful relationship, actually. Not everyone here is deviant and a
>> predator.
>

> You've got to realize that those of this group almost without exception
> have a less than favorable opinion of me. Any one of which would love
> to post my personal home address up for all to see.

And I thought I was paranoid. This is Usenet. Most people could care a
rat's ass about you personally, and wouldn't bother posting stuff - the
people who do that sort of crap are few and far between. And it's not
like I suggested posting your address *here*. You ignored that I
suggested working through a shelter - not your personal home address.

I understand your caution, but... whatever.

jmc

Mark Earnest
November 6th 09, 12:31 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 5:20 PM):
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):

>>> Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given
>>> the addy of a local shelter, for example.
>>
>> It would get stolen there.
>>
>>> And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
>>> truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We
>>> were both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth
>>> less than $10), but had a good working relationship for years, he
>>> sending me parts when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift
>>> with my check. It was a very useful relationship, actually. Not
>>> everyone here is deviant and a predator.
>>

>> You've got to realize that those of this group almost without exception
>> have a less than favorable opinion of me. Any one of which would love
>> to post my personal home address up for all to see.
>
> And I thought I was paranoid. This is Usenet. Most people could care a
> rat's ass about you personally, and wouldn't bother posting stuff - the
> people who do that sort of crap are few and far between. And it's not
> like I suggested posting your address *here*. You ignored that I
> suggested working through a shelter - not your personal home address.
>
> I understand your caution, but... whatever.

Of course I'm paranoid. Look at how practically every person on this group
attacked me. Wouldn't you be?

But as a wise person once told me, "Just because your paranoid
doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

cybercat
November 6th 09, 12:40 AM
"jmc" > wrote
> I understand your caution, but... whatever.

He's a troll and an idiot. And has delusions of grandeur, too. What a prize
package.

Mark Earnest
November 6th 09, 01:06 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "jmc" > wrote
>> I understand your caution, but... whatever.
>>

> He's a troll and an idiot. And has delusions of grandeur, too. What a
> prize package.

Better stop hating or it's going to eat you up from the inside.
Better stop frowning, or your face will grow that way.

Calvin
November 7th 09, 06:05 PM
On Nov 3, 1:22*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> > I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. *If you let me know
> > where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of cat
> > food. *Only the good stuff.
>
> Marry me, Phil. Oh no, wait, I am already married.

I'm sure he would be glad to be set free of you, even though
he's been neutered; maybe he could grow them back.

Matthew[_3_]
November 7th 09, 08:20 PM
"calvin" >

<snipped>

Huh still see you can't let things go either Move on will you

cybercat
November 7th 09, 09:17 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...

> "calvin" >
>
> <snipped>
>
> Huh still see you can't let things go either Move on will you

It's good for the infants to vent, Maffew.