PDA

View Full Version : Phew! Stinky Cat!

jmc
November 12th 09, 02:31 AM
So I tried some Science Diet canned on Miss Extremely Fussy Old Lady
Cat. Good news, she ate it. Bad news, it still gives her really,
really vile gas.

Back when she was a kitten, SD was the first food she was on. When she
hit about 6 months of age, we had to change it because she was becoming
adept at clearing a room :)

Some 13 years later you think she'd have gotten over that. Apparently
not. Haven't been able to be near her for more than 10 minutes, poor thing.

Fortunately, it's only the one can. Not sure why only SD does that to
her, but it's definitely To Be Avoided from now on!

jmc

MLB[_2_]
November 12th 09, 04:18 AM
jmc wrote:
> So I tried some Science Diet canned on Miss Extremely Fussy Old Lady
> Cat. Good news, she ate it. Bad news, it still gives her really,
> really vile gas.
>
> Back when she was a kitten, SD was the first food she was on. When she
> hit about 6 months of age, we had to change it because she was becoming
> adept at clearing a room :)
>
> Some 13 years later you think she'd have gotten over that. Apparently
> not. Haven't been able to be near her for more than 10 minutes, poor
> thing.
>
> Fortunately, it's only the one can. Not sure why only SD does that to
> her, but it's definitely To Be Avoided from now on!
>
> jmc

That is odd. When Princess (Siamese RB 16) adopted me she had very
smelly poop too. After about a year, I switched her to Science Diet
kibble and it was practically free of strong odor. She refused the
canned food except she loved turkey and giblets. The canned food
seemed to increase the odor. Have you tried her on the kibble? Best
wishes. MLB

MLB[_2_]
November 12th 09, 11:38 PM
MLB wrote:
> jmc wrote:
>> So I tried some Science Diet canned on Miss Extremely Fussy Old Lady
>> Cat. Good news, she ate it. Bad news, it still gives her really,
>> really vile gas.
>>
>> Back when she was a kitten, SD was the first food she was on. When
>> she hit about 6 months of age, we had to change it because she was
>> becoming adept at clearing a room :)
>>
>> Some 13 years later you think she'd have gotten over that. Apparently
>> not. Haven't been able to be near her for more than 10 minutes, poor
>> thing.
>>
>> Fortunately, it's only the one can. Not sure why only SD does that to
>> her, but it's definitely To Be Avoided from now on!
>>
>> jmc
>

> That is odd. When Princess (Siamese RB 16) adopted me she had very
> smelly poop too. After about a year, I switched her to Science Diet
> kibble and it was practically free of strong odor. She refused the
> canned food except she loved turkey and giblets. The canned food
> seemed to increase the odor. Have you tried her on the kibble? Best
> wishes. MLB

That should have read " Friskies turkey and Giblets". She would not eat
any SD canned at all.

jmc
November 13th 09, 03:36 AM
Suddenly, without warning, MLB exclaimed (11/11/2009 10:18 PM):
> jmc wrote:
>> So I tried some Science Diet canned on Miss Extremely Fussy Old Lady
>> Cat. Good news, she ate it. Bad news, it still gives her really,
>> really vile gas.
>>
>> Back when she was a kitten, SD was the first food she was on. When
>> she hit about 6 months of age, we had to change it because she was
>> becoming adept at clearing a room :)
>>
>> Some 13 years later you think she'd have gotten over that. Apparently
>> not. Haven't been able to be near her for more than 10 minutes, poor
>> thing.
>>
>> Fortunately, it's only the one can. Not sure why only SD does that to
>> her, but it's definitely To Be Avoided from now on!
>>
>> jmc
>

> That is odd. When Princess (Siamese RB 16) adopted me she had very
> smelly poop too. After about a year, I switched her to Science Diet
> kibble and it was practically free of strong odor. She refused the
> canned food except she loved turkey and giblets. The canned food
> seemed to increase the odor. Have you tried her on the kibble? Best
> wishes. MLB

Meep's an older kitty with cystitis. She's not allowed to eat kibble,
to her great and everlasting chagrin. It was the kibble she was gassy
on as a kitten though.

jmc

jmc
November 15th 09, 05:29 AM
Suddenly, without warning, sequeena exclaimed (11/14/2009 5:05 PM):
> I would not bother with SD as yes it is a very stinky food (so is
> royal canin) and is not great quality wise.
> I'm not sure where you
> live but if you can feed applaws, hilife or Arden Grange you're on
> the right track. If you have the money why not go for a full raw diet!

Simple answer: because my cat won't eat it. Period. Tried it. She's
very fussy. Very, very fussy. As in, "that food that I scarfed up like
it was the best thing ever, is not acceptable this week" kind of fussy.

It's a real challenge to keep this cat fed, since I can't feed her what
she really wants (dry food. She has cystitis).

We're going back to the vet again soon to discuss options. She's still
skinnier than I'd like.

jmc

Onideus Mad Hatter[_2_]
November 17th 09, 07:28 PM
jmc wrote:
> So I tried some Science Diet canned on Miss Extremely Fussy Old Lady
> Cat. Good news, she ate it. Bad news, it still gives her really,
> really vile gas.
>
> Back when she was a kitten, SD was the first food she was on. When she
> hit about 6 months of age, we had to change it because she was becoming
> adept at clearing a room :)
>
> Some 13 years later you think she'd have gotten over that. Apparently
> not. Haven't been able to be near her for more than 10 minutes, poor
> thing.
>
> Fortunately, it's only the one can. Not sure why only SD does that to
> her, but it's definitely To Be Avoided from now on!

My cat had stinky ass gas once, so I glued her butthole shut and that
solved the problem.

Funny thing, though, she disappeared a few days afterward.