PDA

View Full Version : Mooch's chair

Bobcat[_2_]
November 17th 09, 03:21 PM
It's getting cold here in Canada now, especially at nights. That's why
Mooch our resident stray's favourite sleeping spot is his veranda
chair we've rigged with blankets and a heating pad. Here's a photo of
Mooch in it I took this morning, after he'd finished a big breakfast
and jumped back into "bed". Of course he has a choice - the chair, or
his protected MoochHouse which he sometimes prefers on damp days.
(photo 2)

http://twitpic.com/pv851

http://twitpic.com/mqv78

MLB[_2_]
November 17th 09, 07:07 PM
Bobcat wrote:
> It's getting cold here in Canada now, especially at nights. That's why
> Mooch our resident stray's favourite sleeping spot is his veranda
> chair we've rigged with blankets and a heating pad. Here's a photo of
> Mooch in it I took this morning, after he'd finished a big breakfast
> and jumped back into "bed". Of course he has a choice - the chair, or
> his protected MoochHouse which he sometimes prefers on damp days.
> (photo 2)
>
> http://twitpic.com/pv851
>
> http://twitpic.com/mqv78

Do you think he will ever be brave enough to go in the house?
How often do you have to wash the blankets. From my experience with
ferals, they can get rather stinky. Best wishes to all strays and the
people who care for them. MLB

Bobcat[_2_]
November 17th 09, 07:50 PM
On Nov 17, 1:07*pm, MLB > wrote:

> Do you think he will ever be brave enough to go in the house?

I doubt it very much. After living for years in the outdoors I don't
think he'd never move inside. Besides, there'd be a problem because we
have three indoor cats, and one of them is aggresive.

> How often do you have to wash the blankets. *From my experience with
> ferals, they can get rather stinky. *Best wishes to all strays and the
> people who care for them. * MLB

Mooch is the cleanest cat I've ever known. He keeps himself spotless,
continually dry-cleaning himself. As a result his blanket gets
discoloured from his grey underfur, but there's no dirt, and
absolutely no smell. However, we change his blanket for a fresh one
every week or two, something he likes.

Thanks for your best wishes to strays and their humans. Every stray
should have a willing slave like Mooch does, one who'll get out of bed
before six am and go out on the veranda (even in cold weather) to
feed him, pet him and keep him company. It's well worth the reward!

Gandalf
November 18th 09, 03:22 AM
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:50:27 -0800 (PST), Bobcat
> wrote:

>On Nov 17, 1:07*pm, MLB > wrote:
>
>> Do you think he will ever be brave enough to go in the house?
>
>I doubt it very much. After living for years in the outdoors I don't
>think he'd never move inside. Besides, there'd be a problem because we
>have three indoor cats, and one of them is aggresive.
>
>> How often do you have to wash the blankets. *From my experience with
>> ferals, they can get rather stinky. *Best wishes to all strays and the
>> people who care for them. * MLB
>
>Mooch is the cleanest cat I've ever known. He keeps himself spotless,
>continually dry-cleaning himself. As a result his blanket gets
>discoloured from his grey underfur, but there's no dirt, and
>absolutely no smell. However, we change his blanket for a fresh one
>every week or two, something he likes.
>
>Thanks for your best wishes to strays and their humans. Every stray
>should have a willing slave like Mooch does, one who'll get out of bed
>before six am and go out on the veranda (even in cold weather) to
>feed him, pet him and keep him company. It's well worth the reward!

Mooch is a very, VERY fortunate cat, indeed.

Even if he stays outside, he will be much healthier, and has a VASTLY
improved quality of life, thanks to you.

It is a pity more feral cats don't have someone like you, to take care
of them the way you are caring for Mooch :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ >^..^<

- Robert Heinlein

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 19th 09, 06:47 PM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> It's getting cold here in Canada now, especially at nights. That's why
> Mooch our resident stray's favourite sleeping spot is his veranda
> chair we've rigged with blankets and a heating pad. Here's a photo of
> Mooch in it I took this morning, after he'd finished a big breakfast
> and jumped back into "bed". Of course he has a choice - the chair, or
> his protected MoochHouse which he sometimes prefers on damp days.
> (photo 2)
>
> http://twitpic.com/pv851
>
> http://twitpic.com/mqv78

I clicked on the links but got "Internet Explorer could not connect to the
webpage" which is a pity as I'd have loved to see Mooch in his chair!
He is a very lucky boy. Any cat would like his life, wander around all you
want, get fed and have a heated bed. Kudos to you for doing this for him.

Tweed

Bobcat[_2_]
November 20th 09, 12:59 AM
On Nov 19, 12:47*pm, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

> I clicked on the links but got "Internet Explorer could not connect to the
> webpage" which is a pity as I'd have loved to see Mooch in his chair!
> He is a very lucky boy. *Any cat would like his life, wander around all you
> want, get fed and have a heated bed. *Kudos to you for doing this for him.
> Tweed

That's odd. I thought anyone could connect with Twitter photos, even
if they're not a Twitter subscriber. Too bad.

November 20th 09, 01:57 AM
Bobcat wrote:

> On Nov 19, 12:47?pm, "Christina Websell"

>> I clicked on the links but got "Internet Explorer could not connect to the
>> webpage" which is a pity as I'd have loved to see Mooch in his chair!
>> He is a very lucky boy. ?Any cat would like his life, wander around all you
>> want, get fed and have a heated bed. ?Kudos to you for doing this for him.

> That's odd. I thought anyone could connect with Twitter photos, even
> if they're not a Twitter subscriber. Too bad.

I'm able to see Twitter photos and I'm definitely not a subscriber!

Joyce

--
I used to think that life should be fair. But then I realized it's
better that life is unfair. If life is fair, that would mean we deserve

November 20th 09, 03:51 AM
hopitus wrote:

> I saw Mooch's pics twice (what a cutie) and if you ever find
> me twittering you will know I have joined this dude.....a local here.

> http://www.nederlandchamber.org/events_fdgd-home.html

> Nederland is a tiny foothills town not far from MileHigh. These
> partying locals really look *cold* to me. Don't ask me about
> anything on this website as I have only been here a little over
> 5 years.....and I am from *the Sunshine State!

"Things to Do in Nederland When You're Dead"? :)

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.