PDA

View Full Version : Another impromptu poll

Lesley
November 22nd 09, 04:45 PM
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 05:10 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

No, Sarsi has never slept on top of me. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
November 22nd 09, 05:31 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?

My girls are welcome to sleep on top of me, but they disturb MY sleep
often enough by pouncing on me, so I have no qualms about forcing them
to move for my own comfort.

> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Christine BA[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 06:17 PM
Lesley kirjoitti:
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Laku doesn't sleep *on* me, he usually sleeps between my feet, or, if
I'm on my side, behind or in front of my feet/legs. If he's hogging the
blanket, I do move him about and he doesn't get all grumpy about it. Or
if he does, he forgives and forgets and gets back to sleep... :)

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 06:34 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I never can understand this. My feet are lumpy & boney. But somewhere in
the middle of the night, they're used as pillows for both Oscar and Maui.
Why this would feel comfortable for them is beyond me. I usually end up
with my feet an inch or so away from dangling off the side of my bed for
(what seems like) all night long. And, you are so right, Lesley. Dare that
I move them during THEIR sleep!! :))

--

. )) -::-
. .))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Lesley
November 22nd 09, 06:54 PM
On Nov 22, 9:34*am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" > wrote:
.. *I usually end up
> with my feet an inch or so away from dangling off the side of my bed for
> (what seems like) all night long.

Try this for size I share my bed with the World's greatest duvet hog
we have a kingsize and still I end up with most of front exposed to
the elements I usually manage just about enough of one corner to put
round my shoulders (for some reason I can't sleep unless I have
something wrapped round my shoulders) and enough to cover my back-
this is not a problem as Dave and me are thermally incompatible- a
mild breeze and he's reaching for the heating switches whereas I've
always (and moreso over the last couple of years for reasons any woman
past 50 will understand) not really felt the cold. (Dave's idea of
snug is my idea of a sauna!)

But what does get me is waking up with a stabbing pain in my left tit-
nope not a heart attack but Dunzi deciding it is time I should waken
to give her skritchies and more importantly breakfast so she pokes me
with a claw to get this sleeping Hoomin awake

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 06:58 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
On Nov 22, 9:34 am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" > wrote:
.. I usually end up
> with my feet an inch or so away from dangling off the side of my bed for
> (what seems like) all night long.

Try this for size I share my bed with the World's greatest duvet hog
we have a kingsize and still I end up with most of front exposed to
the elements I usually manage just about enough of one corner to put
round my shoulders (for some reason I can't sleep unless I have
something wrapped round my shoulders) and enough to cover my back-
this is not a problem as Dave and me are thermally incompatible- a
mild breeze and he's reaching for the heating switches whereas I've
always (and moreso over the last couple of years for reasons any woman
past 50 will understand) not really felt the cold. (Dave's idea of
snug is my idea of a sauna!)

But what does get me is waking up with a stabbing pain in my left tit-
nope not a heart attack but Dunzi deciding it is time I should waken
to give her skritchies and more importantly breakfast so she pokes me
with a claw to get this sleeping Hoomin awake

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

---------------------

Or Maui's famous "poke". I'll be sound asleep and he'll crawl onto my
shoulder when I'm on my side. He does a balancing act up there, so in order
to stay put, he puts his paw on my nose. He literally squishes it!!
Sometimes he uses his claws, other times I can get lucky!!

--

. )) -::-
. .))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Lucys Mom[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 08:29 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Lucy insists on my sleeping on my side with both arms out so she can
snuggle up between them and go to sleep. If I roll over, she wakes up,
stretches and marches across my shoulders to lay between my arms on the
other side. She's got me very well trained!

When I'm sleeping in the other end of the house, Bo, after a good
snorggling session in my armpit(!) sleeps at the bottom of the bed.
Cassie will creep up and lay down alongside me and make muffins on the
blanket.

--Kim

Smokie Darling (Annie)
November 22nd 09, 08:51 PM
On Nov 22, 8:45*am, Lesley > wrote:
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yes, but only for my Barnabus.

Jofirey
November 22nd 09, 09:08 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position
> and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is
> sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley

You are pretty much describing my life. I have the sort of
arthritis that makes most of my joints do that. Stay in one
position too long and they will tighten up to where it hurts to
move. But the longer you wait the worse it will hurt, etc.

When you factor in a comfortable dog or cat along with pain now vs
pain latter, it makes it a tough call.

Especially if the dog or cat has found a really nice spot where you
are both enjoying the shared warmth.

Jo

Adrian[_2_]
November 22nd 09, 10:20 PM
Lesley wrote:
<snip>
> But what does get me is waking up with a stabbing pain in my left tit-
> nope not a heart attack but Dunzi deciding it is time I should waken
> to give her skritchies and more importantly breakfast so she pokes me
> with a claw to get this sleeping Hoomin awake
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Snoopy has found a claw in the nipple is quite effective for waking a
hoomin.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

November 22nd 09, 10:38 PM
Adrian wrote:

> Lesley wrote:
>> Am I the only one this happens to?
>>
>> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
>> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
>> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
>> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
>> asleep on top of me
>>
>> Anyone else?

> No, Sarsi has never slept on top of me. ;-)

LOL - good one, Adrian.

I have to admit I'm a meanie when it comes to my comfort vs. kitty
comfort. Roxy sleeps on me a lot, which can cause me to wake up with
hip pain, and I will roll over to get into a better position. However,
I usually put my hand on Roxy's side to hold her in place as I turn,
and it often works. If it doesn't, she stalks off in a huff, only to
return a few moments later as though it never happened.

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.

Joy
November 23rd 09, 12:32 AM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh, yes! Mine don't lie on me in bed for long, but they lie on my lap when
I'm sitting in my recliner with my feet up. I've sat there with my feet
going to sleep, my hip aching and my bladder about to burst rather than
disturb whichever one happens to be on my lap at the time.

Joy

November 23rd 09, 07:00 AM
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

> There's a website called It Made My Day which collects funny Twitter
> postings. One of them was from someone who'd just been evicted and
> had to sleep in a park. They woke up with eight cats on top of them.

Eek. Not a happy time for that poor human. I guess one could do worse
than to have 8 cats as a blanket, but I hope they found some sort of
housing soon after that.

Joyce

--
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is
beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 23rd 09, 08:13 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> Am I the only one this happens to?
>
> Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
> feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
> worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
> move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
> asleep on top of me
>
> Anyone else?

I said last week that I didn't want to disturb Boyfie asleep in my armchair
so sat on the other one. This is a step further than this.
He looked so peaceful so I thought does it matter so much if I sit in the
other chair?
No.

It does not extend to my bedroom. It's a no-go area for cats.

If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the daytime, Boyfie is
straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while but when I do he
rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your bed!"
He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I see him on
the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay there.

It makes me laugh. He so risks his luck but he knows he's quite secure so
can do the occasional norty thing.

Tweed

November 23rd 09, 08:58 PM
Christina Websell wrote:

> It does not extend to my bedroom. It's a no-go area for cats.

> If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the daytime, Boyfie is
> straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while but when I do he
> rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your bed!"
> He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I see him on
> the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay there.

> It makes me laugh. He so risks his luck but he knows he's quite secure so
> can do the occasional norty thing.

Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 23rd 09, 09:32 PM
> wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>
> > It does not extend to my bedroom. It's a no-go area for cats.
>
> > If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the daytime,
> > Boyfie is
> > straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while but when I do he
> > rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your bed!"
> > He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I see him
> > on
> > the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay there.
>
> > It makes me laugh. He so risks his luck but he knows he's quite secure
> > so
> > can do the occasional norty thing.

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 24th 09, 12:48 AM
wrote:
> Christina Websell wrote:
>
>> It does not extend to my bedroom. It's a no-go area for cats.
>
>> If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the daytime,
>> Boyfie is straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while but
>> when I do he rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your bed!"
>> He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I see
>> him on the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay there.
>
>> It makes me laugh. He so risks his luck but he knows he's quite
>> secure so can do the occasional norty thing.
>
> Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?

No, but he is quite aware what he should not do and being on my bed is one
of those things he should not do.
I rarely leave my bedroom door open but if I do I can guarantee he will
sleep on my bed all day until he hears my key in the door when I get home
from work, which gives him just enough time to rush down the stairs into
the kitchen and smile at me pretending he's just come in from serious rat
patrol and what a hard day he's had.

Tweed

November 24th 09, 01:28 AM
Christina Websell wrote:

> wrote:

>> Christina Websell wrote:

>>> If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the daytime,
>>> Boyfie is straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while but
>>> when I do he rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your bed!"
>>> He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I see
>>> him on the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay there.

>> Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?

> No, but he is quite aware what he should not do and being on my bed
> is one of those things he should not do.

Yet he still has a good chuckle at your expense, doesn't he? :) He can't
be too wracked with guilt about it.

> I rarely leave my bedroom door open but if I do I can guarantee he will
> sleep on my bed all day until he hears my key in the door when I get home
> from work, which gives him just enough time to rush down the stairs into
> the kitchen and smile at me pretending he's just come in from serious rat
> patrol and what a hard day he's had.

He's so cute.

--
Speak your mind even if your voice cracks while you're saying it.

Jofirey
November 24th 09, 01:31 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in
message ...
> wrote:
>> Christina Websell wrote:
>>
>>> It does not extend to my bedroom. It's a no-go area for cats.
>>
>>> If I ever accidently leave the door open to it during the
>>> daytime,
>>> Boyfie is straight on my bed. I may not notice him for a while
>>> but
>>> when I do he rushes down the stairs "ha ha ha, I was on your
>>> bed!"
>>> He seems to know he should not be there but he is quite ok if I
>>> see
>>> him on the spare bed where he is allowed and will just stay
>>> there.
>>
>>> It makes me laugh. He so risks his luck but he knows he's quite
>>> secure so can do the occasional norty thing.
>>
>> Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?
>
> No, but he is quite aware what he should not do and being on my
> bed is one of those things he should not do.
> I rarely leave my bedroom door open but if I do I can guarantee he
> will sleep on my bed all day until he hears my key in the door
> when I get home from work, which gives him just enough time to
> rush down the stairs into the kitchen and smile at me pretending
> he's just come in from serious rat patrol and what a hard day he's
> had.
>
> Tweed

But that round warm nest in the center of the bed when you get home
is a dead giveaway isn't it?

Kayla never gets up on our bed. Right.

(We know the cats do, but they are allowed. They are also free fed,
much to her dismay.)

Jo

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 24th 09, 01:58 AM
> wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>
> > wrote:

> >> Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?
>
> > No, but he is quite aware what he should not do and being on my bed
> > is one of those things he should not do.
>
> Yet he still has a good chuckle at your expense, doesn't he? :) He can't
> be too wracked with guilt about it.

I don't think cats know what guilt is.

> > I rarely leave my bedroom door open but if I do I can guarantee he will
> > sleep on my bed all day until he hears my key in the door when I get
> > home
> > from work, which gives him just enough time to rush down the stairs
> > into
> > the kitchen and smile at me pretending he's just come in from serious
> > rat
> > patrol and what a hard day he's had.
>
> He's so cute.

He amuses me. He thinks he fools me if he's been on my bed, he is not
allowed and he knows it. "What, me, on your bed? Absolutely not, I was in
the spare bedroom, honest.."

He is very well aware that he is not allowed in my bedroom so if he can
sneak into there he will.

Tweed

Tweed

Christina Websell[_2_]
November 24th 09, 02:47 AM
"Jofirey" > wrote in message

> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>> wrote:

>>> Cats aren't creatures known for guilt, are they?
>>
>> No, but he is quite aware what he should not do and being on my bed is
>> one of those things he should not do.
>> I rarely leave my bedroom door open but if I do I can guarantee he will
>> sleep on my bed all day until he hears my key in the door when I get home
>> from work, which gives him just enough time to rush down the stairs into
>> the kitchen and smile at me pretending he's just come in from serious rat
>> patrol and what a hard day he's had.
>>

> But that round warm nest in the center of the bed when you get home is a
> dead giveaway isn't it?

Just a bit. I pretend I have not seen it.

Tweed