PDA

View Full Version : Re: My First Kitten

Matthew[_3_]
November 28th 09, 12:10 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>> Congratulations Cyber
>> You are the proud slave of a hell raider in waiting ;-)
>>

> :) I know you know exactly what you're talking about, too. We just bathed
> the shelter smell off of her, got her warm and sleepy, and cut her claws
> for the first time, just the tips because it is so hard to see the quick.
> Gracie is not happy, but at the same time interested, it's kind of neat. I
> am using all the knowledge gained from all these years reading the group
> to start her out right. We made bath time as nice as we could, and when
> she was too squirmy this morning, decided to wait to cut her claws so as
> to not give her a bad experience. She did not protest at all while sleepy!

Phil site has the best thing to do when they are a kitten get them used to
having their paws touched and such. You are a lucky slave and I am jealous
a bit.

cybercat
November 28th 09, 01:10 AM
"Matthew" >

>You are a lucky slave and I am jealous a bit.

Sweetheart, it took us eight months to be ready for a new cat, eight months
grieving Boo, and when the SPCA asked about our other cats, I teared up
again. I know you are grieving deeply for Phantom, and my heart aches for
you. It is somehow harder when we make the right decision and give them
mercy, because we decided. But it is the right thing to do. {hg}

Gandalf
November 28th 09, 03:27 AM
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:10:08 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>"cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> g.com...
>>> Congratulations Cyber
>>> You are the proud slave of a hell raider in waiting ;-)
>>>

>> :) I know you know exactly what you're talking about, too. We just bathed
>> the shelter smell off of her, got her warm and sleepy, and cut her claws
>> for the first time, just the tips because it is so hard to see the quick.
>> Gracie is not happy, but at the same time interested, it's kind of neat. I
>> am using all the knowledge gained from all these years reading the group
>> to start her out right. We made bath time as nice as we could, and when
>> she was too squirmy this morning, decided to wait to cut her claws so as
>> to not give her a bad experience. She did not protest at all while sleepy!
>>

>Phil site has the best thing to do when they are a kitten get them used to
>having their paws touched and such. You are a lucky slave and I am jealous
>a bit.

Could you please post the URL for that site?

I don't have a kitten, but my beloved Kenzie is about 14, and, sooner or
later, she will leave me :(

I would try to adopt an adult, when I am ready, but you never know :)

It's been 26 years since I had a kitten...

And I just like to learn as much about cats and kittens as possible.

Often, people ask me questions about their cats and kittens; I like to
give the best advice possible :)

Thank you.

Gandalf