PDA

View Full Version : Vaccines can cause cancer & treating your cat at home


petcrazy456
November 29th 09, 03:19 AM
I am a certified veterinary hospital manager and I worked as a vet
tech for over 20 years. I am curious how many of you have heard of
vaccine associated sarcoma (it is a common type of cancer seen in
cats, sometimes caused by vaccines). For those of you interested, the
American Veterinary Medical Association has published a brochure for
cat owner. It can be found at www.avma.org/vafstf/ownbroch.asp
I am wondering if this affects your descisions about how often you
take your cat to the vet for vaccines and how many cat owners elect to
forgo vaccines and treat their cat at home (except for life
threatening emergencies, of course).
(By the way, for those of you who treat their cats themselves, I
highly recommend you visit www.squidoo.com/DIYvetcare for a
veterinarian written resource on how to do this! )
Thanks in advance for your input!

Buddy's Mom
November 29th 09, 11:01 AM
I lost a kitty to vaccine associated sarcoma. I refuse to allow my
current kitty vaccinations.

On Nov 28, 10:19�pm, petcrazy456 > wrote:
> I am a certified veterinary hospital manager and I worked as a vet
> tech for over 20 years. I am curious how many of you have heard of
> vaccine associated sarcoma (it is a common type of cancer seen in
> cats, sometimes caused by vaccines). For those of you interested, the
> American Veterinary Medical Association has published a brochure for
> cat owner. It can be found atwww.avma.org/vafstf/ownbroch.asp
> I am wondering if this affects your descisions about how often you
> take your cat to the vet for vaccines and how many cat owners elect to
> forgo vaccines and treat their cat at home (except for life
> threatening emergencies, of course).
> (By the way, for those of you who treat their cats themselves, I
> highly recommend you visitwww.squidoo.com/DIYvetcarefor a
> veterinarian written resource on how to do this! )
> Thanks in advance for your input!

petcrazy456
November 29th 09, 10:43 PM
On Nov 29, 3:01*am, "Buddy's Mom" > wrote:
> I lost a kitty to vaccine associated sarcoma. *I refuse to allow my
> current kitty vaccinations.
>
> On Nov 28, 10:19 pm, petcrazy456 > wrote:
>
>
>
> > I am a certified veterinary hospital manager and I worked as a vet
> > tech for over 20 years. I am curious how many of you have heard of
> > vaccine associated sarcoma (it is a common type of cancer seen in
> > cats, sometimes caused by vaccines). For those of you interested, the
> > American Veterinary Medical Association has published a brochure for
> > cat owner. It can be found atwww.avma.org/vafstf/ownbroch.asp
> > I am wondering if this affects your descisions about how often you
> > take your cat to the vet for vaccines and how many cat owners elect to
> > forgo vaccines and treat their cat at home (except for life
> > threatening emergencies, of course).
> > (By the way, for those of you who treat their cats themselves, I
> > highly recommend you visitwww.squidoo.com/DIYvetcarefora
> > veterinarian written resource on how to do this! )
> > Thanks in advance for your input!- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I am so sorry for your loss! I know that it is a terrible feeling.
Thanks so much for your reply.