PDA

View Full Version : Good News Post

jmc
November 30th 09, 09:30 PM
Since there's a lot of posting when bad stuff happens to our kitties,
though I'd post something good: Meep had her vet visit today, and
assuming the blood tests come out good, she's in very good health for a
cat going on 14, with cystitis, moderate arthritis and a heart murmur.

I was a bit concerned that she was eating more than she has in the past,
but the vet opines that the Metacam is working and she's simply feeling
better. They commented on her nice, soft coat; I laughed and said that
must be the Fancy Feast, since that's the only food I can get her to eat
regularly.

The vet did understand why I was concerned Meep was actually eating
normally, considering her long history of not eating because she really
dislikes canned (for those who don't know us, Meep gets cystitis with
even small meals of any kind of dry). She's a couple ounces down from
her last vet visit, but has actually put on some weight in the last
couple of weeks (judging by the feel of her ribs).

So the Old Lady Cat is doing well. She actually does have cases of the
"rips" still (a couple nights a week now, yay!), and will play though
not for long periods of time.

She's getting a bit crotchety but not terribly so. Bit more demanding
but I don't mind as she's a lot less skittish than she was as a kitten.
She keeps going on like this and maybe she will make the 25 years I
keep hoping for!

So, how old is your oldster and how is he/she doing?

jmc

MaryL
December 1st 09, 01:08 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Since there's a lot of posting when bad stuff happens to our kitties,
> though I'd post something good: Meep had her vet visit today, and
> assuming the blood tests come out good, she's in very good health for a
> cat going on 14, with cystitis, moderate arthritis and a heart murmur.
>
> I was a bit concerned that she was eating more than she has in the past,
> but the vet opines that the Metacam is working and she's simply feeling
> better. They commented on her nice, soft coat; I laughed and said that
> must be the Fancy Feast, since that's the only food I can get her to eat
> regularly.
>
> The vet did understand why I was concerned Meep was actually eating
> normally, considering her long history of not eating because she really
> dislikes canned (for those who don't know us, Meep gets cystitis with even
> small meals of any kind of dry). She's a couple ounces down from her last
> vet visit, but has actually put on some weight in the last couple of weeks
> (judging by the feel of her ribs).
>
> So the Old Lady Cat is doing well. She actually does have cases of the
> "rips" still (a couple nights a week now, yay!), and will play though not
> for long periods of time.
>
> She's getting a bit crotchety but not terribly so. Bit more demanding but
> I don't mind as she's a lot less skittish than she was as a kitten. She
> keeps going on like this and maybe she will make the 25 years I keep
> hoping for!
>
> So, how old is your oldster and how is he/she doing?
>
> jmc

That's great news! Thanks for updating us.

To answer your question: Holly is 14 but looks and acts much younger. She
is still active, graceful, and vibrant. I know she has reached an age where
I should consider her a "senior," but she really does not show her age. I
am very grateful!

MaryL
Photos of Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

MLB[_2_]
December 1st 09, 03:35 AM
MaryL wrote:

> "jmc" > wrote in message
>> Since there's a lot of posting when bad stuff happens to our kitties,
>> though I'd post something good: Meep had her vet visit today, and
>> assuming the blood tests come out good, she's in very good health for
>> a cat going on 14, with cystitis, moderate arthritis and a heart murmur.
>>
>> I was a bit concerned that she was eating more than she has in the
>> past, but the vet opines that the Metacam is working and she's simply
>> feeling better. They commented on her nice, soft coat; I laughed and
>> said that must be the Fancy Feast, since that's the only food I can
>> get her to eat regularly.
>>
>> The vet did understand why I was concerned Meep was actually eating
>> normally, considering her long history of not eating because she
>> really dislikes canned (for those who don't know us, Meep gets
>> cystitis with even small meals of any kind of dry). She's a couple
>> ounces down from her last vet visit, but has actually put on some
>> weight in the last couple of weeks (judging by the feel of her ribs).
>>
>> So the Old Lady Cat is doing well. She actually does have cases of
>> the "rips" still (a couple nights a week now, yay!), and will play
>> though not for long periods of time.
>>
>> She's getting a bit crotchety but not terribly so. Bit more demanding
>> but I don't mind as she's a lot less skittish than she was as a
>> kitten. She keeps going on like this and maybe she will make the 25
>> years I keep hoping for!
>>
>> So, how old is your oldster and how is he/she doing?
>>
>> jmc
>
> That's great news! Thanks for updating us.
>
> To answer your question: Holly is 14 but looks and acts much younger.
> She is still active, graceful, and vibrant. I know she has reached an
> age where I should consider her a "senior," but she really does not show
> her age. I am very grateful!
>
> MaryL
> Photos of Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

That picture should be framed and kept forever. MLB

MaryL
December 1st 09, 08:55 AM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> MaryL wrote:
>>
>> "jmc" > wrote in message
>>> Since there's a lot of posting when bad stuff happens to our kitties,
>>> though I'd post something good: Meep had her vet visit today, and
>>> assuming the blood tests come out good, she's in very good health for a
>>> cat going on 14, with cystitis, moderate arthritis and a heart murmur.
>>>
>>> I was a bit concerned that she was eating more than she has in the past,
>>> but the vet opines that the Metacam is working and she's simply feeling
>>> better. They commented on her nice, soft coat; I laughed and said that
>>> must be the Fancy Feast, since that's the only food I can get her to eat
>>> regularly.
>>>
>>> The vet did understand why I was concerned Meep was actually eating
>>> normally, considering her long history of not eating because she really
>>> dislikes canned (for those who don't know us, Meep gets cystitis with
>>> even small meals of any kind of dry). She's a couple ounces down from
>>> her last vet visit, but has actually put on some weight in the last
>>> couple of weeks (judging by the feel of her ribs).
>>>
>>> So the Old Lady Cat is doing well. She actually does have cases of the
>>> "rips" still (a couple nights a week now, yay!), and will play though
>>> not for long periods of time.
>>>
>>> She's getting a bit crotchety but not terribly so. Bit more demanding
>>> but I don't mind as she's a lot less skittish than she was as a kitten.
>>> She keeps going on like this and maybe she will make the 25 years I keep
>>> hoping for!
>>>
>>> So, how old is your oldster and how is he/she doing?
>>>
>>> jmc
>>
>> That's great news! Thanks for updating us.
>>
>> To answer your question: Holly is 14 but looks and acts much younger.
>> She is still active, graceful, and vibrant. I know she has reached an
>> age where I should consider her a "senior," but she really does not show
>> her age. I am very grateful!
>>
>> MaryL
>> Photos of Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>

> That picture should be framed and kept forever. MLB

Thanks! I love the picture, and I love the fact that she still has the
strength and grace to leap to the mantel (and without ever stumbling or
breaking anything).

MaryL