PDA

View Full Version : Another cat dumped.........

Kelly Greene
December 15th 09, 06:55 AM
......out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh. It
looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give the
girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table he
tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
us.

dgk
December 15th 09, 03:37 PM
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:55:21 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
> wrote:

>.....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
>and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
>I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
>get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh. It
>looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
>to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
>into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
>him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
>debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
>castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
>afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
>soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give the
>girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
>realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table he
>tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
>us.

Wow, that's one very lucky cat. Purrs.

MLB[_2_]
December 15th 09, 07:03 PM
Kelly Greene wrote:
> .....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male
> cat) and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly
> to him. I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but
> couldn't get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from
> his thigh. It looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him
> for awhile he tried to follow me into the house. I opened the door and
> managed to maneuver him into a large carrier. I immediately called our
> vet and she said to bring him right in - emergency case. He's clean of
> AIDS and Leukemia. She'll debride and try and repair the damage done to
> his thigh. He'll also be castrated and whatever else needs to be done.
> I pick him up tomorrow afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat
> bed, litterpan, shelf and soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for
> a few days. This will give the girls a chance to meet him before he's
> turned loose in the house. Once he realized I'd do him no harm he was
> the sweetest cat. On the vets table he tried to hide under my arm but
> not once tried to bite or scratch either of us.

Sending heartfelt purrs for his good health and happiness with you and
your fur kids. MLB

Kelly Greene
December 15th 09, 07:04 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:55:21 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
> > wrote:
>
>>.....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
>>and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
>>I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
>>get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh.
>>It
>>looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
>>to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
>>into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
>>him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
>>debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
>>castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
>>afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
>>soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give
>>the
>>girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
>>realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table
>>he
>>tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
>>us.
>
> Wow, that's one very lucky cat. Purrs.

The luck is mine also. You don't find cats with his sweet temperament every
day.... not that we wanted another cat. :-\ I'm waiting to hear from the
clinic so I can go pick him up. If they don't call soon I'll call them.

Dorothy Iams
December 16th 09, 12:45 AM
Kelly you are a grand person and will have a lovely holiday with
Blackie. I got my sweetie that way too. I dont think he would have
come in if it hadnt been for his leg injury. Im so sorry he had it
and he seems kinda arthritic because of it and takes big stretches
when he wakes up. My boy is red and according to Temple Grandin can
be skittish and he is. Black cats are the calmest she says. Merry
Christmas to you both.

On Dec 15, 1:04*pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
> "dgk" > wrote in message

> > On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:55:21 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
> > > wrote:
>
> >>.....out here in the country. *I finally got near him (big black male cat)
> >>and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
> >>I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
> >>get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh..
> >>It
> >>looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
> >>to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
> >>into a large carrier. *I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
> >>him right in - emergency case. *He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
> >>debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
> >>castrated and whatever else needs to be done. *I pick him up tomorrow
> >>afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
> >>soft blanket. *He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give
> >>the
> >>girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. *Once he
> >>realized I'd do him no harm *he was the sweetest cat. *On the vets table
> >>he
> >>tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
> >>us.
>
> > Wow, that's one very lucky cat. Purrs.
>
> The luck is mine also. *You don't find cats with his sweet temperament every
> day.... not that we wanted another cat. *:-\ *I'm waiting to hear from the
> clinic so I can go pick him up. *If they don't call soon I'll call them..

Kelly Greene
December 16th 09, 07:47 AM
"Dorothy Iams" > wrote in message
Kelly you are a grand person and will have a lovely holiday with
Blackie.

:: You cannot believe how much joy and laughter these kitties have brought
into our lives. :-)

I got my sweetie that way too. I dont think he would have
come in if it hadnt been for his leg injury. Im so sorry he had it
and he seems kinda arthritic because of it and takes big stretches
when he wakes up.

:: Was he hit by a car? Attacked by an animal? :*(

My boy is red and according to Temple Grandin can
be skittish and he is. Black cats are the calmest she says. Merry
Christmas to you both.

:: Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your kitties and human loved
ones. :-))

Gandalf
December 17th 09, 07:13 AM
wrote:

>.....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
>and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
>I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
>get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh. It
>looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
>to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
>into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
>him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
>debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
>castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
>afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
>soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give the
>girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
>realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table he
>tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
>us.

Thank you for taking care of this now very(!) fortunate cat.

'Anybody who can make friends with strange cats will always be
fortunate.'

-Unknown author, American Colonial period

I hope you have many, many happy years together, and that Karma catches
up with whoever dumped this cat, in a particularly nasty way.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091216-2, 12/16/2009
Tested on: 12/17/2009 12:13:33 AM

Kelly Greene
December 17th 09, 10:52 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> Kelly Greene wrote:
>> .....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male
>> cat) and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly
>> to him. I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but
>> couldn't get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from
>> his thigh. It looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for
>> awhile he tried to follow me into the house. I opened the door and
>> managed to maneuver him into a large carrier. I immediately called our
>> vet and she said to bring him right in - emergency case. He's clean of
>> AIDS and Leukemia. She'll debride and try and repair the damage done to
>> his thigh. He'll also be castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I
>> pick him up tomorrow afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed,
>> litterpan, shelf and soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few
>> days. This will give the girls a chance to meet him before he's turned
>> loose in the house. Once he realized I'd do him no harm he was the
>> sweetest cat. On the vets table he tried to hide under my arm but not
>> once tried to bite or scratch either of us.
>
> Sending heartfelt purrs for his good health and happiness with you and
> your fur kids. MLB

Thank you. Spirit is doing well. He had the drain removed this afternoon.
I brought him home and he ran and hid somewhere. Poor guy!

Kelly Greene
December 17th 09, 10:54 PM
"Gandalf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:55:21 -0600, "Kelly Greene" >
> wrote:
>
>>.....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
>>and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
>>I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
>>get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh.
>>It
>>looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
>>to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
>>into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
>>him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
>>debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
>>castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
>>afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
>>soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give
>>the
>>girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
>>realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table
>>he
>>tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
>>us.
>

> Thank you for taking care of this now very(!) fortunate cat.
>
> 'Anybody who can make friends with strange cats will always be
> fortunate.'
>
> -Unknown author, American Colonial period
>
> I hope you have many, many happy years together, and that Karma catches
> up with whoever dumped this cat, in a particularly nasty way.

I know it's not charitable... but I feel the same way. Shame on them! May
the fleas of a 100 camels infest their unmentionable areas. >:-(

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 091216-2, 12/16/2009
> Tested on: 12/17/2009 12:13:33 AM

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
March 8th 10, 09:35 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
> .....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
> and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
> I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
> get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh.
> It looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he
> tried to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to
> maneuver him into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she
> said to bring him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and
> Leukemia. She'll debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh.
> He'll also be castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up
> tomorrow afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan,
> shelf and soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This
> will give the girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the
> house. Once he realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On
> the vets table he tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or
> scratch either of us.

And such is the stuff of great friendships. When I rescued my beloved
Buddy he was a filthy, smelly, farting mess. He cleaned up well and on the
first day I had him he sat still in a groomers tub for a full bath. He knew
he was being helped and he trusted me from day 1. Until his death in 08, he
was an elegant, proud, wonderful old soul.

Paul

Bill Graham
March 8th 10, 08:22 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Kelly Greene" > wrote in message
>> .....out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male
>> cat) and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly
>> to him. I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but
>> couldn't get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from
>> his thigh. It looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for
>> awhile he tried to follow me into the house. I opened the door and
>> managed to maneuver him into a large carrier. I immediately called our
>> vet and she said to bring him right in - emergency case. He's clean of
>> AIDS and Leukemia. She'll debride and try and repair the damage done to
>> his thigh. He'll also be castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I
>> pick him up tomorrow afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed,
>> litterpan, shelf and soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few
>> days. This will give the girls a chance to meet him before he's turned
>> loose in the house. Once he realized I'd do him no harm he was the
>> sweetest cat. On the vets table he tried to hide under my arm but not
>> once tried to bite or scratch either of us.
>
> And such is the stuff of great friendships. When I rescued my beloved
> Buddy he was a filthy, smelly, farting mess. He cleaned up well and on
> the first day I had him he sat still in a groomers tub for a full bath.
> He knew he was being helped and he trusted me from day 1. Until his death
> in 08, he was an elegant, proud, wonderful old soul.
>
> Paul

Yes. I too have a large black male that I rescued from a Burger King parking
lot.....He is the sweetest, most trusting cat I have ever had....(When the
vetmobile comes to visit, he is the first one out there saying, "Take me!,
Take Me!" .....:^)