PDA

View Full Version : Burmese cat changing colour?

Netmask[_2_]
December 16th 09, 04:46 AM
My delightful pussy Meko is 7 months old now and is turning a solid
brown after having many lighter streaks. What is unusual is small brown
(colour matched to his fur LOL) dots or freckles are appearing on that
generally baldish area just near the ears. At first I though it might be
dirt but no amount of washing and rubbing shifts them. The dots are
filling up the area - it's almost like a colouring in exercise. He is
well, lively and playful. The other unusual thing is his eye colour
almost a gingerish green. He is a strictly indoors cat except he does
have several secured cat runs around and over the house - lattice
tunnels that provide security from roaming and belligerent tom's and
magpies and kurrajongs...

Mark Earnest
December 16th 09, 06:20 AM
"Netmask" > wrote in message
> My delightful pussy Meko is 7 months old now and is turning a solid brown
> after having many lighter streaks. What is unusual is small brown (colour
> matched to his fur LOL) dots or freckles are appearing on that generally
> baldish area just near the ears. At first I though it might be dirt but no
> amount of washing and rubbing shifts them. The dots are filling up the
> area - it's almost like a colouring in exercise. He is well, lively and
> playful. The other unusual thing is his eye colour almost a gingerish
> green. He is a strictly indoors cat except he does have several secured
> cat runs around and over the house - lattice tunnels that provide security
> from roaming and belligerent tom's and magpies and kurrajongs...

Your Burmese is morphing!
That's the way you come up with new and improved varieties of Cat.
It happens during the solar storms, the last I heard.

Kelly Greene
December 16th 09, 07:39 AM
"Netmask" > wrote in message
> My delightful pussy Meko is 7 months old now and is turning a solid brown
> after having many lighter streaks. What is unusual is small brown (colour
> matched to his fur LOL) dots or freckles are appearing on that generally
> baldish area just near the ears. At first I though it might be dirt but no
> amount of washing and rubbing shifts them. The dots are filling up the
> area - it's almost like a colouring in exercise. He is well, lively and
> playful. The other unusual thing is his eye colour almost a gingerish
> green. He is a strictly indoors cat except he does have several secured
> cat runs around and over the house - lattice tunnels that provide security
> from roaming and belligerent tom's and magpies and kurrajongs...

My common medium haired brown tabby kitten is getting more orange around her
nose and ears. She has an orange "streak" on her forehead. I'm wondering
what colors she'll be at maturity. :-)