PDA

View Full Version : ARKANSAS 3 Year Rabies Law Effective 1/1/10

Kris L. Christine
December 22nd 09, 06:52 PM
Updated Rabies Control Act Allows Longer Vaccination Intervals http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=95265&catid=2

"The updated Rabies Control Act has new rules passed by the State Board of Health that allow for a longer interval between rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats. The new rules will become effective January 1, 2010.

If a three-year vaccine is chosen, the pet will be required to be revaccinated three years later."

Kelly Greene
December 23rd 09, 12:24 AM
"Kris L. Christine" > wrote in
message ...

> *Updated Rabies Control Act Allows Longer Vaccination Intervals*
> http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=95265&catid=2
>
> "The updated Rabies Control Act has new rules passed by the State Board
> of Health that allow for a longer interval between rabies vaccinations
> for dogs and cats. The new rules will become effective January 1, 2010.
>

> If a three-year vaccine is chosen, the pet will be required to be
> revaccinated three years later."

This was done in NYC years ago. Every 3 years our dogs and cats got their
rabies shots. I believe they were modified live vaccines. Animals tested
showed they still had antibodies up to 3 and 4 years after vaccination. I
think the Vets wanted to make more money and started the yearly shots law.
It was very profitable for them just like selling P/D foods and the anti
flea products like Revolution. Do you know Ivermectin and it's cousins (used
in Revolution) are one of the cheapest drugs made? Farmers get to pay a
tiny fraction of what pet Vets charge for it.

Kris L. Christine
December 31st 09, 10:58 AM
Hopitus,

The annual license renewal will not require your cat to be vaccinated against rabies annually, only that they renew their license annually. If your cat (or dog) has had a 3 year rabies booster (or the 4 year for felines), then it will not need another vaccination for 3 or 4 years. However, it will still need to have a license renewal, at which time pet owners will present their 3 or 4 year rabies certificate, and they will not have to have a redundant booster shot in order to license their animal.