PDA

View Full Version : Vampire (non-twinkle kind) In The House

Tom+Gracie+Max
December 29th 09, 04:40 PM
Hi, All,

Just a short note. Last year at this time, we had recently lost our
calico Jenny to a heart problem, and her sister Gracie was still at
loose ends.

She was an only cat for a good chunk of 2009, and it was not pleasant
-- she was slowly going stir crazy, with nothing to do but stare out
the windows, and she was gaining weight.

I am writing to let you all know how happy we are that a new cat, a
tuxedo kitten named "Max", has changed all that. Both of us humans
actually got the feeling that Gracie was sending off vibes of "thank
you, thank you!" at us when Max had settled in. She acts much younger
than she did, and her weight has dropped automatically now that she is
running and roughhousing.

Max, the tuxedo, is very happy, too. He had been an only kitten, and
had bonded to his previous owner, so he was really shaken up by all
the changes when we got him. Now Max and Gracie are a pair.

* * * * *

On the "aww, cute" side, picture Count Dracula in his tuxedo walking
up to a beautiful girl, then biting her throat -- that is exactly
Max's S.O.P. -- he carefully walks up to Gracie, looking her right in
the eyes, he wraps his front legs around her neck and shoulders, and
bites her neck. After Gracie has let him do all that, she then bats
him away and stomps off while Max tries to lick the hair out of his
mouth. .... What can I say, it's a game that they both seem to like,
but I wish I could get Max a black cape to go with the tuxedo
markings.

Happy New Year to all.

tom tac

p.s. Um, "bats him away" ... no pun was intended. No I have seen
neither Twilight movie.

cybercat
December 29th 09, 06:39 PM
"Tom+Gracie+Max" > wrote in message
> Hi, All,
>
> Just a short note. Last year at this time, we had recently lost our
> calico Jenny to a heart problem, and her sister Gracie was still at
> loose ends.
>
> She was an only cat for a good chunk of 2009, and it was not pleasant
> -- she was slowly going stir crazy, with nothing to do but stare out
> the windows, and she was gaining weight.
>
> I am writing to let you all know how happy we are that a new cat, a
> tuxedo kitten named "Max", has changed all that. Both of us humans
> actually got the feeling that Gracie was sending off vibes of "thank
> you, thank you!" at us when Max had settled in. She acts much younger
> than she did, and her weight has dropped automatically now that she is
> running and roughhousing.
>
> Max, the tuxedo, is very happy, too. He had been an only kitten, and
> had bonded to his previous owner, so he was really shaken up by all
> the changes when we got him. Now Max and Gracie are a pair.
>
> * * * * *
>
> On the "aww, cute" side, picture Count Dracula in his tuxedo walking
> up to a beautiful girl, then biting her throat -- that is exactly
> Max's S.O.P. -- he carefully walks up to Gracie, looking her right in
> the eyes, he wraps his front legs around her neck and shoulders, and
> bites her neck. After Gracie has let him do all that, she then bats
> him away and stomps off while Max tries to lick the hair out of his
> mouth. .... What can I say, it's a game that they both seem to like,
> but I wish I could get Max a black cape to go with the tuxedo
> markings.
>
> Happy New Year to all.
>
> tom tac
>
> p.s. Um, "bats him away" ... no pun was intended. No I have seen
> neither Twilight movie.

I could not snip a bit of this. WAY TO GO!! I am sooo happy for you all.

dgk
December 29th 09, 08:24 PM
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:39:53 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Tom+Gracie+Max" > wrote in message
>> Hi, All,
>>
>> Just a short note. Last year at this time, we had recently lost our
>> calico Jenny to a heart problem, and her sister Gracie was still at
>> loose ends.
>>
>> She was an only cat for a good chunk of 2009, and it was not pleasant
>> -- she was slowly going stir crazy, with nothing to do but stare out
>> the windows, and she was gaining weight.
>>
>> I am writing to let you all know how happy we are that a new cat, a
>> tuxedo kitten named "Max", has changed all that. Both of us humans
>> actually got the feeling that Gracie was sending off vibes of "thank
>> you, thank you!" at us when Max had settled in. She acts much younger
>> than she did, and her weight has dropped automatically now that she is
>> running and roughhousing.
>>
>> Max, the tuxedo, is very happy, too. He had been an only kitten, and
>> had bonded to his previous owner, so he was really shaken up by all
>> the changes when we got him. Now Max and Gracie are a pair.
>>
>> * * * * *
>>
>> On the "aww, cute" side, picture Count Dracula in his tuxedo walking
>> up to a beautiful girl, then biting her throat -- that is exactly
>> Max's S.O.P. -- he carefully walks up to Gracie, looking her right in
>> the eyes, he wraps his front legs around her neck and shoulders, and
>> bites her neck. After Gracie has let him do all that, she then bats
>> him away and stomps off while Max tries to lick the hair out of his
>> mouth. .... What can I say, it's a game that they both seem to like,
>> but I wish I could get Max a black cape to go with the tuxedo
>> markings.
>>
>> Happy New Year to all.
>>
>> tom tac
>>
>> p.s. Um, "bats him away" ... no pun was intended. No I have seen
>> neither Twilight movie.
>
>I could not snip a bit of this. WAY TO GO!! I am sooo happy for you all.

It really is nice to read a happy story once in a while.

cybercat
December 29th 09, 10:09 PM
"dgk" > wrote
>>I could not snip a bit of this. WAY TO GO!! I am sooo happy for you all.
>>

> It really is nice to read a happy story once in a while.

I know. Gracie is still acting like she might like to off the kitten.

dgk
December 30th 09, 01:23 PM
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:09:14 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"dgk" > wrote
>>>I could not snip a bit of this. WAY TO GO!! I am sooo happy for you all.
>>>

>> It really is nice to read a happy story once in a while.
>
>I know. Gracie is still acting like she might like to off the kitten.

The Espy+Nipsy+Marlo team VS Scooter is also giving me a big headache.
No one is eating, Marlo sounds like a sound effects machine, and Nipsy
was chasing Scooter around the house when I left this morning.

Still, both the Litter Robot and regular litter box are getting plenty
of action, so some food is being processed. I really didn't expect
such hostility from Marlo though - there should be some sympathy there
since I also plucked her from the street. Maybe she knows him? He is
at least four years old so it's possible.

Since no one is eating the old favorite of ProPlan Urinary Health
Chicken, I stopped by the pet store and got some Merrick entries to
try out. Also something from a company I hadn't seen before. The label
was very good, no grains, no vegies either I think. No preservatives
or color, or byproducts. I can't recall the brand now but I'll
remember to look tonight. They did eat a bit of that stuff last night.