PDA

View Full Version : Sisal Fabric

Katmandu
December 30th 09, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can find sisal fabric for making scratching
posts?

I've tried local fabric stores and online but have had no luck.

Thanks.

Matthew[_3_]
December 30th 09, 06:07 PM
"Katmandu" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can find sisal fabric for making scratching
> posts?
>
> I've tried local fabric stores and online but have had no luck.
>
> Thanks.

I doubt you will find it unless you plan to buy in huge bulk or direct from
china which will require a huge bulk also
IMO best bet buy the ones already made with it if that is what you want

try this I made a few and they love them I found the rope at a local
hardware store with ease
http://www.catsinternational.org/articles/scratching_and_declawing/build_a_scratchingpost.html

dgk
December 30th 09, 06:11 PM
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:07:52 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>"Katmandu" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know where I can find sisal fabric for making scratching
>> posts?
>>
>> I've tried local fabric stores and online but have had no luck.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>I doubt you will find it unless you plan to buy in huge bulk or direct from
>china which will require a huge bulk also
>IMO best bet buy the ones already made with it if that is what you want
>
>try this I made a few and they love them I found the rope at a local
>hardware store with ease
>http://www.catsinternational.org/articles/scratching_and_declawing/build_a_scratchingpost.html

I bought sisal rope at the local Home Despot. I still have to attach
it to the big Cat Tree I built for them.

Katmandu
December 31st 09, 10:56 PM
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:11:47 -0500, dgk > wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:07:52 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:
>

>>"Katmandu" > wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know where I can find sisal fabric for making scratching
>>> posts?
>>>
>>> I've tried local fabric stores and online but have had no luck.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>>I doubt you will find it unless you plan to buy in huge bulk or direct from
>>china which will require a huge bulk also
>>IMO best bet buy the ones already made with it if that is what you want
>>
>>try this I made a few and they love them I found the rope at a local
>>hardware store with ease
>>http://www.catsinternational.org/articles/scratching_and_declawing/build_a_scratchingpost.html
>>

>I bought sisal rope at the local Home Despot. I still have to attach
>it to the big Cat Tree I built for them.

I saw sisal fabric being used to make scratching and climbing posts on
Animal Planet's 'Cats 101'. It was so much easier to use than trying
to wrap sisal rope.

I've seen some of the sisal scratching pads and they aren't cheap nor
large enough to make a decent height post if you used them.

Sisal carpet isn't cheap by the yard either.

I guess that's a dead end.

I did find some sisal wallcovering online at what looks like a good
price; I'm going to order a few square feet and try it out.

Thanks