PDA

View Full Version : Dry food, corn, and organ damage

catlady
January 19th 10, 10:22 PM
On Jan 19, 12:53*am, "Yowie" >
wrote:
> As far as I know (IANAV) cats who live to a ripe old age often die of CRF,
> for no other reason that tneir body is worn out, and the kidneys are the bit
> that when worn out in a cat, makes the the 'wearing out' fatal. Once a cat
> reaches distinctly senior years, I am not sure that reporting the cause of
> death makes alot of sense, because reporting a disease seems to imply it was
> preventable or at least treatable, when if it wasn't that it would be
> something else.After all, old cats have to die of *something*.

To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
corn and it's causing organ damage in people. That same corn is going
into the majority of dry pet foods and could very well be causing the
same in cats:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/monsanto-gm-corn-causing_n_425195.html

catlady
January 19th 10, 10:25 PM
On Jan 19, 3:22*pm, catlady > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 12:53*am, "Yowie" >
> wrote:
>
> > As far as I know (IANAV) cats who live to a ripe old age often die of CRF,
> > for no other reason that tneir body is worn out, and the kidneys are the bit
> > that when worn out in a cat, makes the the 'wearing out' fatal. Once a cat
> > reaches distinctly senior years, I am not sure that reporting the cause of
> > death makes alot of sense, because reporting a disease seems to imply it was
> > preventable or at least treatable, when if it wasn't that it would be
> > something else.After all, old cats have to die of *something*.
>
> To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
> aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
> corn and it's causing organ damage in people.

Correction. I meant to write rats, and that people could very well be
at risk.

That same corn is going
> into the majority of dry pet foods and could very well be causing the
> same in cats:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/monsanto-gm-corn-causing_n_4...

dgk
January 21st 10, 08:38 PM
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:25:07 -0800 (PST), catlady
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 3:22*pm, catlady > wrote:
>> On Jan 19, 12:53*am, "Yowie" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > As far as I know (IANAV) cats who live to a ripe old age often die of CRF,
>> > for no other reason that tneir body is worn out, and the kidneys are the bit
>> > that when worn out in a cat, makes the the 'wearing out' fatal. Once a cat
>> > reaches distinctly senior years, I am not sure that reporting the cause of
>> > death makes alot of sense, because reporting a disease seems to imply it was
>> > preventable or at least treatable, when if it wasn't that it would be
>> > something else.After all, old cats have to die of *something*.
>>
>> To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
>> aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
>> corn and it's causing organ damage in people.
>
>Correction. I meant to write rats, and that people could very well be
>at risk.
>
>That same corn is going
>> into the majority of dry pet foods and could very well be causing the
>> same in cats:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/monsanto-gm-corn-causing_n_4...

Oh great. I'm sure it's going into the Taco Bell tacos that are the
basis of my existence.

cybercat
January 22nd 10, 08:13 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:25:07 -0800 (PST), catlady
> > wrote:
>
>>On Jan 19, 3:22 pm, catlady > wrote:

>>> To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
>>> aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
>>> corn and it's causing organ damage in people.
>>
>>Correction. I meant to write rats, and that people could very well be
>>at risk.
>>
>>That same corn is going
>>> into the majority of dry pet foods and could very well be causing the
>>> same in
>>> cats:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/monsanto-gm-corn-causing_n_4...
>
> Oh great. I'm sure it's going into the Taco Bell tacos that are the
> basis of my existence.

heh. Btw, when I wrote "baby" I meant "the baby." The kitten I got back in
November.