PDA

View Full Version : Cat With A Big Heart

Phil P.
January 23rd 10, 02:12 AM
Check out the markings on this cat:

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm

Mark Earnest
January 23rd 10, 02:19 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
> Check out the markings on this cat:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm

Looks like Sylvester on Warner Brothers cartoons with Tweety Bird.
Wish I could watch those again. :(

Phil P.
January 23rd 10, 02:28 AM
"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> > Check out the markings on this cat:
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm
>

> Looks like Sylvester on Warner Brothers cartoons with Tweety Bird.
> Wish I could watch those again. :(

I was referring to her markings on her sides- They're almost perfect
hearts.

Mark Earnest
January 23rd 10, 03:09 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> > Check out the markings on this cat:
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm
>>

>> Looks like Sylvester on Warner Brothers cartoons with Tweety Bird.
>> Wish I could watch those again. :(
>
> I was referring to her markings on her sides- They're almost perfect
> hearts.

Yes they are! It is an amazing cat.

John Ross Mc Master
January 23rd 10, 03:29 AM
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:28:14 -0500, "Phil P." >
wrote:

>"Mark Earnest" > wrote in message
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> > Check out the markings on this cat:
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm
>>

>> Looks like Sylvester on Warner Brothers cartoons with Tweety Bird.
>> Wish I could watch those again. :(
>
>I was referring to her markings on her sides- They're almost perfect
>hearts.

I see it now!

cybercat
January 23rd 10, 06:23 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
> Check out the markings on this cat:

That is so cool! What is her story?

Phil P.
January 23rd 10, 12:28 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> > Check out the markings on this cat:
> >

> That is so cool! What is her story?

I'm not really sure. She was part of a group of last day cats I pulled from
a municipal kill shelter a few days ago. Her card said she was brought in as
a stray. I don't believe she was a stray because she was very clean and in
great condition and very affectionate. Her cage had a caution tag because
someone said she snarls- which is probably why such a beautiful cat was
labled unadoptable and on death row. Of course she doesn't snarl- she's a
mega mush! Her right lower canine protrudes over her upper lip and her upper
left canine protrudes over her lower lip. Her lower incisers appear to be
pushed foward which pushes her lower lip out and makes her look like she's
smiling- not snarling. It looks like she struck her jaw on something- or
more likely, something struck her jaw and knocked her teeth out of
alignment. My cynical nature, from being in this business so long, makes me
suspect abuse.

She's seeing a veterinary dentist next week to see if her teeth can or
should be fixed. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort; she eats well.
I even broke down and gave her some large nugget dry food to see if she had
any problems crunching- she didn't.

Here are some close ups of her face. What does it look like to you?

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Special/Samantha_Heart/index.htm

Phil

cybercat
January 23rd 10, 01:32 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> > Check out the markings on this cat:
>> >

>> That is so cool! What is her story?
>
> I'm not really sure. She was part of a group of last day cats I pulled
> from
> a municipal kill shelter a few days ago. Her card said she was brought in
> as
> a stray. I don't believe she was a stray because she was very clean and in
> great condition and very affectionate. Her cage had a caution tag because
> someone said she snarls- which is probably why such a beautiful cat was
> labled unadoptable and on death row. Of course she doesn't snarl- she's a
> mega mush! Her right lower canine protrudes over her upper lip and her
> upper
> left canine protrudes over her lower lip. Her lower incisers appear to be
> pushed foward which pushes her lower lip out and makes her look like she's
> smiling- not snarling. It looks like she struck her jaw on something- or
> more likely, something struck her jaw and knocked her teeth out of
> alignment. My cynical nature, from being in this business so long, makes
> me
> suspect abuse.
>
> She's seeing a veterinary dentist next week to see if her teeth can or
> should be fixed. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort; she eats well.
> I even broke down and gave her some large nugget dry food to see if she
> had
> any problems crunching- she didn't.
>
> Here are some close ups of her face. What does it look like to you?
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Special/Samantha_Heart/index.htm

Oh, Phil. It sure does look like someone hurt her. She is lovely, and so are
you for saving her.

cybercat
January 23rd 10, 02:05 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> > Check out the markings on this cat:
>> >

>> That is so cool! What is her story?
>
> I'm not really sure. She was part of a group of last day cats I pulled
> from
> a municipal kill shelter a few days ago. Her card said she was brought in
> as
> a stray. I don't believe she was a stray because she was very clean and in
> great condition and very affectionate. Her cage had a caution tag because
> someone said she snarls- which is probably why such a beautiful cat was
> labled unadoptable and on death row. Of course she doesn't snarl- she's a
> mega mush! Her right lower canine protrudes over her upper lip and her
> upper
> left canine protrudes over her lower lip. Her lower incisers appear to be
> pushed foward which pushes her lower lip out and makes her look like she's
> smiling- not snarling. It looks like she struck her jaw on something- or
> more likely, something struck her jaw and knocked her teeth out of
> alignment. My cynical nature, from being in this business so long, makes
> me
> suspect abuse.
>
> She's seeing a veterinary dentist next week to see if her teeth can or
> should be fixed. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort; she eats well.
> I even broke down and gave her some large nugget dry food to see if she
> had
> any problems crunching- she didn't.
>
> Here are some close ups of her face. What does it look like to you?
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Special/Samantha_Heart/index.htm

The more I think about this the madder I get. I think they wanted to put her
down because she is "damaged." Ugh.

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
January 24th 10, 04:42 AM
On Jan 22, 9:12*pm, "Phil P." > wrote:
> Check out the markings on this cat:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm

Why does she look so ****ed off?

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
January 24th 10, 04:43 AM
On Jan 23, 1:23*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Phil P." > wrote in message

> > Check out the markings on this cat:
>
> That is so cool! What is her story?

NOBODY HERE REALLY WANTS TO KNOW THAT, YOU FRIGGING NINCOMPOOP. DON'T
ENCOURAGE HIM.

honeybunch
January 25th 10, 10:36 PM
On Jan 22, 9:12*pm, "Phil P." > wrote:
> Check out the markings on this cat:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm

Thats one beautiful cat and great photographs.

Gandalf
January 27th 10, 07:44 AM
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:19:05 -0600, "Mark Earnest" >
wrote:

>"Phil P." > wrote in message
>> Check out the markings on this cat:
>>
>> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_A.htm
>>
>> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Jan_2010/pages/Samantha_Heart_C.htm

Beautiful cat. I love the hearts on him/her. Really nice photos, too!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100126-1, 01/26/2010
Tested on: 1/27/2010 1:44:29 AM