PDA

View Full Version : This cat will never freeze

Poppa McDonald
January 23rd 10, 06:44 PM
I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
can't take much more of this.

That's my rant for today.

Poppa M

Mark Earnest
January 24th 10, 12:07 AM
"Poppa McDonald" > wrote in message
>I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
> only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
> gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
> down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
> the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
> with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
> quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
> a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
> of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
> can't take much more of this.
>
> That's my rant for today.
>
> Poppa M

Well just be delicate with the affectionate cat, you don't want to hurt
her feelings. Personally, I love a purring cat on top of me. You can
feel the love eminating from the little creature. At night, I just close
the bedroom door on her, so she can prowl through the house.

MLB[_2_]
January 24th 10, 01:11 AM
Poppa McDonald wrote:
> I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
> only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
> gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
> down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
> the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
> with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
> quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
> a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
> of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
> can't take much more of this.
>
> That's my rant for today.
>
> Poppa M
>

> My Princess ( Siamese RB 16) Used to sleep on me at night and this is how I changed it. I got a small low "Parson's table
and placed it on the side of my bed. I bought a heated kitty pillow
to put on it. Then when she tried to sleep on me I moved her to the
heated pillow. It only took a couple of lessons and she soon preferred
the pillow. Good luck. MLB

Gandalf
January 27th 10, 08:42 AM
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:44:31 -0600, Poppa McDonald >
wrote:

>I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
>only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
>gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
>down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
>the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
>with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
>quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
>a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
>of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
>can't take much more of this.
>
>That's my rant for today.
>
>Poppa M

Aside from keeping warm, your cat is also expressing her affection for
you.

It's bitterly cold where I am. I would be glad to have a cat to help me
stay warm.

Sadly, my senior citizen kitty has never been much of a 'lap cat'. She
spends most of the winter on her electrically heated bed. I'm sure it's
much warmer than I am :)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100126-1, 01/26/2010
Tested on: 1/27/2010 1:42:13 AM

Mark Earnest
January 28th 10, 08:41 AM
"Gandalf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:44:31 -0600, Poppa McDonald >
> wrote:
>
>>I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
>>only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
>>gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
>>down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
>>the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
>>with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
>>quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
>>a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
>>of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
>>can't take much more of this.
>>
>>That's my rant for today.
>>
>>Poppa M
>>

> Aside from keeping warm, your cat is also expressing her affection for
> you.
>
> It's bitterly cold where I am. I would be glad to have a cat to help me
> stay warm.
>
> Sadly, my senior citizen kitty has never been much of a 'lap cat'. She
> spends most of the winter on her electrically heated bed. I'm sure it's
> much warmer than I am :)

That's neat that you give that poor old animal a heated bed.
I'm sure it means life to her.
But the kind of warmth cats want I don't think is that kind of warmth.
At least not for the most part.
Cats want to be close.
Mine really does. I can't keep her away from me.
She just wants to snooze on my lap.
She is only 5 months old. Maybe you should try one that age.

Mark

dgk
January 28th 10, 03:32 PM
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:41:07 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> wrote:

>"Gandalf" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:44:31 -0600, Poppa McDonald >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
>>>only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
>>>gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
>>>down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
>>>the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
>>>with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
>>>quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
>>>a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
>>>of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
>>>can't take much more of this.
>>>
>>>That's my rant for today.
>>>
>>>Poppa M
>>>

>> Aside from keeping warm, your cat is also expressing her affection for
>> you.
>>
>> It's bitterly cold where I am. I would be glad to have a cat to help me
>> stay warm.
>>
>> Sadly, my senior citizen kitty has never been much of a 'lap cat'. She
>> spends most of the winter on her electrically heated bed. I'm sure it's
>> much warmer than I am :)
>
>That's neat that you give that poor old animal a heated bed.
>I'm sure it means life to her.
>But the kind of warmth cats want I don't think is that kind of warmth.
>At least not for the most part.
>Cats want to be close.
>Mine really does. I can't keep her away from me.
>She just wants to snooze on my lap.
>She is only 5 months old. Maybe you should try one that age.
>
>Mark

Then explain why Espy likes to hang out on top of the cable box (which
radiates enough heat to heat a small room).

All cats are different. Very rarely will Espy sit on my lap but it is
a great honor when he does. Marlo, Nipsy, and new boy Scooter love lap
sitting.

---MIKE---
January 28th 10, 04:54 PM
Amber loves her heated window seat but refuses to sit on my lap. Tiger
likes to sit on my lap (all 24 pounds of him) but doesn't care about his
heated window seat.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Mark Earnest
January 28th 10, 11:17 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:41:07 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Gandalf" > wrote in message

>>> Aside from keeping warm, your cat is also expressing her affection for
>>> you.
>>>
>>> It's bitterly cold where I am. I would be glad to have a cat to help me
>>> stay warm.
>>>
>>> Sadly, my senior citizen kitty has never been much of a 'lap cat'. She
>>> spends most of the winter on her electrically heated bed. I'm sure it's
>>> much warmer than I am :)
>>
>>That's neat that you give that poor old animal a heated bed.
>>I'm sure it means life to her.
>>But the kind of warmth cats want I don't think is that kind of warmth.
>>At least not for the most part.
>>Cats want to be close.
>>Mine really does. I can't keep her away from me.
>>She just wants to snooze on my lap.
>>She is only 5 months old. Maybe you should try one that age.
>>
>>Mark
>>

> Then explain why Espy likes to hang out on top of the cable box (which
> radiates enough heat to heat a small room).
>
> All cats are different. Very rarely will Espy sit on my lap but it is
> a great honor when he does. Marlo, Nipsy, and new boy Scooter love lap
> sitting.

Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
Sure, all cats are different.
Some like to stay by themselves altogether.

Mark Earnest
January 28th 10, 11:18 PM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
Amber loves her heated window seat but refuses to sit on my lap. Tiger
likes to sit on my lap (all 24 pounds of him) but doesn't care about his
heated window seat.

Tiger is 24 pounds? I thought my cat was big at 5 pounds!
What do you have, a mountain lion?

---MIKE---
January 29th 10, 01:23 PM
Mark Earnest asked:

>Tiger is 24 pounds? I thought my cat was
> big at 5 pounds! What do you have, a
> mountain lion?

No just a Maine Coon. Luckily when he gets on my lap he does it very
slowly and carefully.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

dgk
February 1st 10, 02:55 PM
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:17:11 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> wrote:

>"dgk" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:41:07 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
>> > wrote:

>>>That's neat that you give that poor old animal a heated bed.
>>>I'm sure it means life to her.
>>>But the kind of warmth cats want I don't think is that kind of warmth.
>>>At least not for the most part.
>>>Cats want to be close.
>>>Mine really does. I can't keep her away from me.
>>>She just wants to snooze on my lap.
>>>She is only 5 months old. Maybe you should try one that age.
>>>
>>>Mark
>>>

>> Then explain why Espy likes to hang out on top of the cable box (which
>> radiates enough heat to heat a small room).
>>
>> All cats are different. Very rarely will Espy sit on my lap but it is
>> a great honor when he does. Marlo, Nipsy, and new boy Scooter love lap
>> sitting.
>
>Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
>Sure, all cats are different.
>Some like to stay by themselves altogether.

I haven't had a loner cat yet - that wouldn't work well in my house.

Espy rarely purrs at all but is one of my two favorite cats of all
time. Very smart, overpowering personality, and so sweet. And a very
expressive face. He actually looks happy or thoughtful, or ****ed off.
Most of my cats are hard to read but not this one.

I built a carpeted perch, around 2' by 4', over the radiator in the
bedroom (south facing) and there's almost always two or three cats
lying there. It also overlooks the bird feeder in the backyard which
is an attraction.

Bill Graham
February 3rd 10, 12:45 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:17:11 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> > wrote:
>

>>"dgk" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:41:07 -0600, "Mark Earnest"

>>> Then explain why Espy likes to hang out on top of the cable box (which
>>> radiates enough heat to heat a small room).
>>>
>>> All cats are different. Very rarely will Espy sit on my lap but it is
>>> a great honor when he does. Marlo, Nipsy, and new boy Scooter love lap
>>> sitting.
>>
>>Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
>>Sure, all cats are different.
>>Some like to stay by themselves altogether.
>>

> I haven't had a loner cat yet - that wouldn't work well in my house.
>
> Espy rarely purrs at all but is one of my two favorite cats of all
> time. Very smart, overpowering personality, and so sweet. And a very
> expressive face. He actually looks happy or thoughtful, or ****ed off.
> Most of my cats are hard to read but not this one.
>
> I built a carpeted perch, around 2' by 4', over the radiator in the
> bedroom (south facing) and there's almost always two or three cats
> lying there. It also overlooks the bird feeder in the backyard which
> is an attraction.

So you not only give them heat, but also a TV.........

Mark Earnest
February 3rd 10, 02:21 AM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message

> "dgk" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:17:11 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
>> > wrote:

>>>Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
>>>Sure, all cats are different.
>>>Some like to stay by themselves altogether.
>>>

>> I haven't had a loner cat yet - that wouldn't work well in my house.
>>
>> Espy rarely purrs at all but is one of my two favorite cats of all
>> time. Very smart, overpowering personality, and so sweet. And a very
>> expressive face. He actually looks happy or thoughtful, or ****ed off.
>> Most of my cats are hard to read but not this one.
>>
>> I built a carpeted perch, around 2' by 4', over the radiator in the
>> bedroom (south facing) and there's almost always two or three cats
>> lying there. It also overlooks the bird feeder in the backyard which
>> is an attraction.
>
> So you not only give them heat, but also a TV.........

Cats are little people, you know.

T[_4_]
February 4th 10, 05:50 AM
In article >, weg9
@comcast.net says...

> "dgk" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:17:11 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
> > > wrote:

> >>Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
> >>Sure, all cats are different.
> >>Some like to stay by themselves altogether.
> >>

> > I haven't had a loner cat yet - that wouldn't work well in my house.
> >
> > Espy rarely purrs at all but is one of my two favorite cats of all
> > time. Very smart, overpowering personality, and so sweet. And a very
> > expressive face. He actually looks happy or thoughtful, or ****ed off.
> > Most of my cats are hard to read but not this one.
> >
> > I built a carpeted perch, around 2' by 4', over the radiator in the
> > bedroom (south facing) and there's almost always two or three cats
> > lying there. It also overlooks the bird feeder in the backyard which
> > is an attraction.
>
> So you not only give them heat, but also a TV.........

Feline entertainment on the cheap. Got to love it.

I feel a little bad for Angie, I live in a very urban area. About the
only amusement visible outside might be a rat.