PDA

View Full Version : HI

Its me Patti
January 25th 10, 08:17 PM
I find your questions and answers quite interesting ,,

I, just as of today, Monday,Jan25; have been here for first time,

I have three cats now. At present they are on Friskies Urinary Tract and
one tablespoon of the wet Friskies Urniary canned ,,but not everyday ..

In January of this year I lost a 17yrs male Tabby to diabetes<sp>.

I did have my cats on Halo I think thats it,, But can;t afford it due to
my income now..

I have a 17mth old neutered male that is part Golden Egyptian Mau and at
5mths weighed in at 10lbs and now weights 17lbs ,, He is still growing
and is almost as big as a raccoon. I also have a 3yr male black who is
half siamese and a 1Yr female half siamse and half grey tabby but looks
full blooded siamese and the vet has her down as a Lynx Point. All three
were ferral kittens ,, the female I am still working with ,, she will
sleep with me, rub against my legs follow me, cry at me for a nibble,
she will take food from my hand but I still cannot pet her without her
cringing or running ,, I guess in time she will let me hold her to pet
,, I can pick her up but after a minute she freaks ,,, at the vet she is
quiet and you would never know she is not a ferrel cat ,, they didn;t
notch her ear due to this, even though i said she was a ferral kitten
she was still going out ,, so now I keep her in ,, she uses the box and
is clean , I wil be moving and have decided to keep her as I know she
will be safe and not hurt if she scratches ,, she has never growled
hissed, or bitten ,,

Ok enough cat history there, I would like to know if the Friskies is ok
as my 17 was on this for years and my other cats but now i have the
tubby and he is on a diet by cutting back on treats and watching his
amount of food ,,

I do give my cats raw chicken and beef now and then but not pork ,, they
aren;t ready for a lot of it so its more of a treat ,,

i have fed my cats "BG" but it has to be ordered in and its a little
more than my budget right now ,,

They are picky and are accustomed to the Friskies , I have tried mixing
new dry and they will not eat at all or just pick so I end up taking it
back to the store for a refund ,,

I keep two water bowls down and also have three litter boxes which are
kept clean on a daily basis ,,

Thanks ,, sorry so long ,, Patti

dgk
January 26th 10, 01:04 PM
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:48:57 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
> wrote:

>"Its me Patti" > wrote in message
>> Ok enough cat history there, I would like to know if the Friskies is ok
>> as my 17 was on this for years and my other cats but now i have the
>> tubby and he is on a diet by cutting back on treats and watching his
>> amount of food ,,
>
>I hope these sites help:
>
>Feline nutrition information: http://www.catinfo.org/
>History of dry food (a must-read article):
>http://www.catnutrition.org/diabetes.php
>http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm
>www.rawfedcats.org

I feed my cats the best food I can get them to eat (Wellness, Merrick,
Natural This, Natural That) and none of them lived past 16. Most die
by the time they're 13. So read the sites Kelly advises but you seem
to be doing ok already.

starcat
January 27th 10, 01:43 AM
"Its me Patti" > wrote in message
>I find your questions and answers quite interesting ,,
>
> I, just as of today, Monday,Jan25; have been here for first time,
>
> I have three cats now. At present they are on Friskies Urinary Tract and
> one tablespoon of the wet Friskies Urniary canned ,,but not everyday ..
>

> In January of this year I lost a 17yrs male Tabby to diabetes<sp>.
>
> I did have my cats on Halo I think thats it,, But can;t afford it due to
> my income now..
>

> I have a 17mth old neutered male that is part Golden Egyptian Mau and at
> 5mths weighed in at 10lbs and now weights 17lbs ,, He is still growing
> and is almost as big as a raccoon. I also have a 3yr male black who is
> half siamese and a 1Yr female half siamse and half grey tabby but looks
> full blooded siamese and the vet has her down as a Lynx Point. All three
> were ferral kittens ,, the female I am still working with ,, she will
> sleep with me, rub against my legs follow me, cry at me for a nibble,
> she will take food from my hand but I still cannot pet her without her
> cringing or running ,, I guess in time she will let me hold her to pet
> ,, I can pick her up but after a minute she freaks ,,, at the vet she is
> quiet and you would never know she is not a ferrel cat ,, they didn;t
> notch her ear due to this, even though i said she was a ferral kitten
> she was still going out ,, so now I keep her in ,, she uses the box and
> is clean , I wil be moving and have decided to keep her as I know she
> will be safe and not hurt if she scratches ,, she has never growled
> hissed, or bitten ,,
>

> Ok enough cat history there, I would like to know if the Friskies is ok
> as my 17 was on this for years and my other cats but now i have the
> tubby and he is on a diet by cutting back on treats and watching his
> amount of food ,,
>

> I do give my cats raw chicken and beef now and then but not pork ,, they
> aren;t ready for a lot of it so its more of a treat ,,
>

> i have fed my cats "BG" but it has to be ordered in and its a little
> more than my budget right now ,,
>

> They are picky and are accustomed to the Friskies , I have tried mixing
> new dry and they will not eat at all or just pick so I end up taking it
> back to the store for a refund ,,
>

> I keep two water bowls down and also have three litter boxes which are
> kept clean on a daily basis ,,
>

> Thanks ,, sorry so long ,, Patti

Here's the thing: The best food in the world does no good if the cat won't
eat it. The Friskies may have too many calories for your tubby one, but I
have known people with cats who lived long healthy lives on stuff like
Purina Pro Plan. Maybe rather than fighting the dry food issue you can
ensure they get the best quality canned you can afford and maybe give them
more of that rather than just a tablespoon now and again.