PDA

View Full Version : Lactose intolerance

KenK
February 7th 10, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find as
a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described in
the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

TIA

Kelly Greene
February 7th 10, 11:15 PM
"KenK" > wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
> as
> a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described in
> the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
> yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
since so many cats are intolerant to it.

Mark Earnest
February 8th 10, 05:46 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
>> as
>> a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described
>> in
>> the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
>> yogert flavored cat food, I think)?
>>

> I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
> since so many cats are intolerant to it.

I don't know. If they put animal digest in cat food they may be dumb
enough to try just about anything.

Bill Graham
February 9th 10, 07:52 AM
"Kelly Greene" > wrote in message

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
>> as
>> a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described
>> in
>> the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
>> yogert flavored cat food, I think)?
>>

> I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
> since so many cats are intolerant to it.
There are lactose intolerant people too.....They can sometimes find milk
substitutes or types of milk (acidophilus, and other types) that they can
drink....Perhaps a cat could also benefit from some of these. I only have
two cats who like milk, and they are not allergic to it, but if they were, I
think I would try some of these other types of milk......