PDA

View Full Version : Dandelion root tincture

JEP
February 11th 10, 02:26 AM
A friend who is knowledgeable about both cats and herbal therapies told me
that a drop or two of dandelion root tincture in my cat's water bowl every
day helps eliminate toxins and is good for the liver and kidneys.

Does anyone have any experience with dandelion root tincture -- either
good, bad, or indifferent?

Also, are there any conditions under which dandelion root tincture should
be avoided? My neutered male indoor-only cat is almost 14, and was
recently cured (according to the bloodwork) of hyperthyroidism by the
radioactive iodine injection.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

JEP

John Ross Mc Master
February 11th 10, 04:30 AM
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:26:19 +0000 (UTC), JEP >
wrote:

>A friend who is knowledgeable about both cats and herbal therapies told me
>that a drop or two of dandelion root tincture in my cat's water bowl every
>day helps eliminate toxins and is good for the liver and kidneys.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with dandelion root tincture -- either
>good, bad, or indifferent?
>
>Also, are there any conditions under which dandelion root tincture should
>be avoided? My neutered male indoor-only cat is almost 14, and was
>recently cured (according to the bloodwork) of hyperthyroidism by the
>radioactive iodine injection.
>
>Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
>
>JEP

I heard from a friend it cured her strep throat where the antibiotics
didn't but I have no idea about the effect on cats. It could work, it
could be a poison.

Matthew[_3_]
February 11th 10, 04:38 AM
I believe that some cats are allergic to it

.130...