PDA

View Full Version : Duffy's Day - 7th annifursary

MaryL
February 20th 10, 03:38 PM
I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until I
read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on Jan. 31,
2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was estimated to be
3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5 years. So, that would
make him approximately 12 years old now. He is the most remarkable, loving
little cat imaginable. I know I have said this before, but he obviously
does not consider himself to be "handicapped" in any way. He just goes
ahead and does everything that any other cat does, and he does it with joy
and confidence. He is my treasure! He comes trotting down the hall toward
me with head and tail up, ears perked forward, and an expression of pure
happiness on his face. I already had some unwrapped toys on hand, so Duffy
and Holly are going to get a bundle of new toys today and some extra treats
for Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.

MaryL

Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

cybercat
February 20th 10, 10:18 PM
>I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until I
>read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on Jan. 31,
>2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was estimated to
>be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5 years. So, that
>would make him approximately 12 years old now. He is the most remarkable,
>loving little cat imaginable. I know I have said this before, but he
>obviously does not consider himself to be "handicapped" in any way. He
>just goes ahead and does everything that any other cat does, and he does it
>with joy and confidence. He is my treasure! He comes trotting down the
>hall toward me with head and tail up, ears perked forward, and an
>expression of pure happiness on his face. I already had some unwrapped
>toys on hand, so Duffy and Holly are going to get a bundle of new toys
>today and some extra treats for Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.
>
> MaryL
>
> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

He is a wonderful boy. Happy Duffy Day!

MaryL
February 21st 10, 02:06 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until I
>>read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on Jan.
>>31, 2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was estimated
>>to be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5 years. So, that
>>would make him approximately 12 years old now. He is the most remarkable,
>>loving little cat imaginable. I know I have said this before, but he
>>obviously does not consider himself to be "handicapped" in any way. He
>>just goes ahead and does everything that any other cat does, and he does
>>it with joy and confidence. He is my treasure! He comes trotting down
>>the hall toward me with head and tail up, ears perked forward, and an
>>expression of pure happiness on his face. I already had some unwrapped
>>toys on hand, so Duffy and Holly are going to get a bundle of new toys
>>today and some extra treats for Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7
>>

> He is a wonderful boy. Happy Duffy Day!

Thanks! He really is wonderful.

I have been following your posts about your kitten. She sounds delightful.

MaryL

MLB[_2_]
February 21st 10, 05:43 PM
MaryL wrote:
> I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until
> I read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on
> Jan. 31, 2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was
> estimated to be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5
> years. So, that would make him approximately 12 years old now. He is
> the most remarkable, loving little cat imaginable. I know I have said
> this before, but he obviously does not consider himself to be
> "handicapped" in any way. He just goes ahead and does everything that
> any other cat does, and he does it with joy and confidence. He is my
> treasure! He comes trotting down the hall toward me with head and tail
> up, ears perked forward, and an expression of pure happiness on his
> face. I already had some unwrapped toys on hand, so Duffy and Holly are
> going to get a bundle of new toys today and some extra treats for
> Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.
>
> MaryL
>
> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

In one of your pictures I see art supplies. Did you paint any or all of
the pictures on your walls? MLB

MaryL
February 21st 10, 05:52 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> MaryL wrote:
>> I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until I
>> read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on Jan.
>> 31, 2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was
>> estimated to be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5
>> years. So, that would make him approximately 12 years old now. He is
>> the most remarkable, loving little cat imaginable. I know I have said
>> this before, but he obviously does not consider himself to be
>> "handicapped" in any way. He just goes ahead and does everything that
>> any other cat does, and he does it with joy and confidence. He is my
>> treasure! He comes trotting down the hall toward me with head and tail
>> up, ears perked forward, and an expression of pure happiness on his face.
>> I already had some unwrapped toys on hand, so Duffy and Holly are going
>> to get a bundle of new toys today and some extra treats for Duffy's
>> "belated" annifursary celebration.
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7
>>

> In one of your pictures I see art supplies. Did you paint any or all of
> the pictures on your walls? MLB

Yes, I painted most of them. All except 3 or 4 are my own, so that's the
reason you can see so many paintings on my walls. I started painting about
8 or 9 years ago. It was originally intended as "practice for retirement,"
but I found that I loved it right away. I also have a wonderful art
instructor!

Thanks for the nice comment in Duffy's album.

MaryL

MLB[_2_]
February 21st 10, 05:59 PM
MaryL wrote:

> "MLB" > wrote in message
>> MaryL wrote:
>>> I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed
>>> until I read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted
>>> me on Jan. 31, 2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together.
>>> He was estimated to be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer
>>> to 5 years. So, that would make him approximately 12 years old now.
>>> He is the most remarkable, loving little cat imaginable. I know I
>>> have said this before, but he obviously does not consider himself to
>>> be "handicapped" in any way. He just goes ahead and does everything
>>> that any other cat does, and he does it with joy and confidence. He
>>> is my treasure! He comes trotting down the hall toward me with head
>>> and tail up, ears perked forward, and an expression of pure happiness
>>> on his face. I already had some unwrapped toys on hand, so Duffy and
>>> Holly are going to get a bundle of new toys today and some extra
>>> treats for Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>
>>> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
>>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>>> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7
>>>

>> In one of your pictures I see art supplies. Did you paint any or all
>> of the pictures on your walls? MLB
>
> Yes, I painted most of them. All except 3 or 4 are my own, so that's
> the reason you can see so many paintings on my walls. I started
> painting about 8 or 9 years ago. It was originally intended as
> "practice for retirement," but I found that I loved it right away. I
> also have a wonderful art instructor!
>
> Thanks for the nice comment in Duffy's album.
>
> MaryL

It would be nice to see closeups of some of your paintings -- they look
great! Do you paint Duffy and Holly? I so admire creative people:
art, writing, music, etc. Best wishes. MLB

Bill Graham
February 21st 10, 07:18 PM

> "MLB" > wrote in message
>> MaryL wrote:
>>> I can't believe it...I actually let "Duffy's Day" go by unnoticed until
>>> I read some "congratulations" on another group. Duffy adopted me on
>>> Jan. 31, 2003, so we have now had 7 wonderful years together. He was
>>> estimated to be 3-5 years old at the time, and probably closer to 5
>>> years. So, that would make him approximately 12 years old now. He is
>>> the most remarkable, loving little cat imaginable. I know I have said
>>> this before, but he obviously does not consider himself to be
>>> "handicapped" in any way. He just goes ahead and does everything that
>>> any other cat does, and he does it with joy and confidence. He is my
>>> treasure! He comes trotting down the hall toward me with head and tail
>>> up, ears perked forward, and an expression of pure happiness on his
>>> face. I already had some unwrapped toys on hand, so Duffy and Holly are
>>> going to get a bundle of new toys today and some extra treats for
>>> Duffy's "belated" annifursary celebration.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>
>>> Pictures of Duffy: >'o'<
>>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>>> Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7
>>>

>> In one of your pictures I see art supplies. Did you paint any or all of
>> the pictures on your walls? MLB
>
> Yes, I painted most of them. All except 3 or 4 are my own, so that's the
> reason you can see so many paintings on my walls. I started painting
> about 8 or 9 years ago. It was originally intended as "practice for
> retirement," but I found that I loved it right away. I also have a
> wonderful art instructor!
>
> Thanks for the nice comment in Duffy's album.
>
> MaryL

He has beautiful long hair. It looks rather fine. We have a cat (Meggie)
with hair like that. She got a hairball a couple of years ago that we had to
have removed by the vet with an $800 operation. They thought it was a tumor
until they opened her up and found it in her stomach. Now we brush her
regularly and feed her anti-hairball foods.....

MaryL
February 21st 10, 08:15 PM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message

> He has beautiful long hair. It looks rather fine. We have a cat (Meggie)
> with hair like that. She got a hairball a couple of years ago that we had
> to have removed by the vet with an $800 operation. They thought it was a
> tumor until they opened her up and found it in her stomach. Now we brush
> her regularly and feed her anti-hairball foods.....

Yes, his fur is beautiful and fairly long. He does not develop mats (which
is not what you meant, I realize), unlike my first cat. I do watch
carefully for hairballs. I have heard of problems such as what you
described but have never seen it. My cats get fewer hairballs since I
changed to Wellness canned a few years ago, but there are still some.

Thanks for the information.

MaryL

Bill Graham
February 21st 10, 09:55 PM

> "Bill Graham" > wrote in message
>>

>> He has beautiful long hair. It looks rather fine. We have a cat (Meggie)
>> with hair like that. She got a hairball a couple of years ago that we had
>> to have removed by the vet with an $800 operation. They thought it was a
>> tumor until they opened her up and found it in her stomach. Now we brush
>> her regularly and feed her anti-hairball foods.....
>
> Yes, his fur is beautiful and fairly long. He does not develop mats
> (which is not what you meant, I realize), unlike my first cat. I do watch
> carefully for hairballs. I have heard of problems such as what you
> described but have never seen it. My cats get fewer hairballs since I
> changed to Wellness canned a few years ago, but there are still some.
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> MaryL

They tell me that butter is good for preventing hairballs, so we let them
lick some butter whenever they want it.....Fortunately, Meggie likes butter.
The vet tells us that her, "Tumor" was the biggest hairball she had ever
seen.....It made her stomach so big it filled her whole abdomen, and she had
stopped eating altogether. But Meggie is the sweetest cat I have ever had,
and she was well worth it.......Meggie gets along with everyone and
everything.....She doesn't hunt, and one Summer I actually saw a baby
squirrel walk over her while she was lying on the back deck.