PDA

View Full Version : help

kaia
February 25th 10, 11:26 PM
Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and it cant be a permanant solution.

Matthew[_3_]
February 26th 10, 01:09 AM
"kaia" > wrote in message

> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
> it cant be a permanant solution.
>

> --
> kaia

When an animal defecates or urinates inappropriately you must rule out
medical before behavioral. Bengal are very territorial and are know to be
jealous very easily.

Animals also sense problems in the environment can and react to them

also do you only have one box you may want to add another one

jmc
February 26th 10, 03:03 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (2/25/2010 8:09 PM):
> "kaia" > wrote in message
>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>> it cant be a permanant solution.
>>

>> --
>> kaia
>
> When an animal defecates or urinates inappropriately you must rule out
> medical before behavioral. Bengal are very territorial and are know to be
> jealous very easily.
>
> Animals also sense problems in the environment can and react to them
>
> also do you only have one box you may want to add another one

Also, I'd not bother with the lavender oil. My cat, at least, *loves*
the smell of lavender.

jmc

Bill Graham
February 26th 10, 05:47 AM
"kaia" > wrote in message

> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
> it cant be a permanant solution.
> --
> kaia

Sounds like you need some training.....For the children! - Teach them to
strip the bed and run everything through the laundry, and then remake the
bed.....You will be amazed at how well they will be able to remember to keep
the bedroom door shut......

Petzl
February 26th 10, 09:21 AM

>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>> it cant be a permanant solution
>>

>> --
>> kaia

WITHOUT ANGER
as soon as is detected LIGHTLY but firmly prees cats nose in it
then put cat/kitten in litter box
Won't happen agan
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

Matthew[_3_]
February 26th 10, 03:49 PM
"Petzl" > wrote in message

>>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>>> it cant be a permanant solution
>>>

>>> --
>>> kaia
>
> WITHOUT ANGER
> as soon as is detected LIGHTLY but firmly prees cats nose in it
> then put cat/kitten in litter box
> Won't happen agan
> Petzl
> --
> "Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

WRONG all you did was just tell them where a good spot was to keep going.
That is outdated stone age backwards alpha male training

Matthew[_3_]
February 26th 10, 03:51 PM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message

> "kaia" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>> it cant be a permanant solution.
>> --
>> kaia

<snipped>

Great useless advice from the stone age

MLB[_2_]
February 26th 10, 06:35 PM
Matthew wrote:
> "Bill Graham" > wrote in message
>> "kaia" > wrote in message
>>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>>> it cant be a permanant solution.
>>> --
>>> kaia
>
> <snipped>
>
> Great useless advice from the stone age

For a kitten: Make sure a clean litter pan (or two) is easily
accessible le. Place the kitten gently in the pan and help it make
scratching motions with its paw, then press (gently) it's rear into
sitting position. I have seen tiny kittens instinctively run as fast as
their tiny legs can move them to get to a pan. But it has to be close
at hand. Remember, this is a baby. And forget the nose trick -- that
is disgusting. Best wishes. MLB

Stan Brown
February 26th 10, 06:49 PM
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:21:49 +1100 from Petzl >:
> "Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

You do realize you're misquoting, right? The second word is "et",
meaning "and".

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talk:Dieu_et_mon_droit
and many more.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Rene
February 26th 10, 09:23 PM
First, as Matthew said, you must rule out any medical problems. Talk
to your vet and bring in a stool sample to check for parasites, etc.

Second, you should have several litter boxes in your house, especially
now that she's a kitten. Make sure they are easy to get in and out of
and are easily accessible. IMO, I would add a box in the bedroom she
goes into the most. Yes, it's not ideal, but it's a short-term thing
until she's using the boxes regularly.

Try offering boxes with different types of unscented litter to find
out what she likes the best. There is even a litter designed to
attract cats called Cat Attract (it does help, I've used it).

Also, thoroughly wash all bedding using an enzymatic cleaner (and lots
of it). Cover the bed(s) with a plastic sheet or a plastic carpet
runner with the spokes facing up to deter her from going there.

Bill Graham
February 26th 10, 10:00 PM
"Ruslana" > wrote in message
>> > Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the ... and
>> > then..and it cant be a permanant solution kaia
>>
> WITHOUT ANGER
> as soon as is detected LIGHTLY but firmly prees
>> cats nose in it then put cat/kitten in litter box
> Won't happen agan
>
> To be honest, it doesn't help my cat much. Or, it's better to say,
> it helps occasionally. Sometimes he will keep on peeing where he
> likes... but sometimes he will stop indeed. Maybe he has his moods
> too, when he deliberately wants to bother us, hehe.

Yes. Somebody said once, "Don't always attribute to malice that which could
be caused by stupidity" or something to that effect.....I think he was
talking about politicians, but it may very well apply to cats....:^) Cats
are, after all, a lot more loveable than politicians......

Bill Graham
February 26th 10, 10:07 PM

You forgot to put in what I said, so I will repeat it here:

"Sounds like you need some training.....For the children! - Teach them to
strip the bed and run everything through the laundry, and then remake the
bed.....You will be amazed at how well they will be able to remember to keep
the bedroom door shut......"

After all, you want to make sure people know just what I say that you
disapprove of........

Matthew[_3_]
February 26th 10, 10:17 PM
"Bill Graham" > wrote in message

> "MLB" > wrote in message
>> Matthew wrote:
>>>
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> Great useless advice from the stone age
>
> You forgot to put in what I said, so I will repeat it here:
>
> "Sounds like you need some training.....For the children! - Teach them to
> strip the bed and run everything through the laundry, and then remake the
> bed.....You will be amazed at how well they will be able to remember to
> keep
> the bedroom door shut......"
>
> After all, you want to make sure people know just what I say that you
> disapprove of........

BECAUSE IF you would have read it and >>>>>>understood it<<<<<. There is a
problem >>>>>>OTHER<<<<<< than the kids forgetting to close the door

Petzl
February 26th 10, 10:57 PM
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:49:20 -0500, Stan Brown
> wrote:

>Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:21:49 +1100 from Petzl >:
>> "Dieu est mon droit" God is my right
>
>You do realize you're misquoting, right? The second word is "et",
>meaning "and".
>
>http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talk:Dieu_et_mon_droit
>and many more.
Modern version says that yes
The original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT" ("GOD IS MY RIGHT").
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

Petzl
February 26th 10, 11:00 PM
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:49:26 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>WRONG all you did was just tell them where a good spot was to keep going.
>That is outdated stone age backwards alpha male training

Seems to work?
Not usually needed? Cats prefer to use a litter box quite happily as
long as Children don't interupt/scare them (which may be the problem
in this case)
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

kaia
February 26th 10, 11:12 PM
Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and it cant be a permanant solution.

Thank you every one ,for replying , I will get her another kitty litter tray, and definitely involve kids!! its lucky that our Glorias poop hardly smells,very suprisingly to me .Probably because we do not give her wet kitty food ,but raw fish,and cooked chicken.

cybercat
February 27th 10, 01:40 AM
"kaia" > wrote in message

> kaia;721320 Wrote:
>> Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
>> 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
>> habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
>> the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
>> lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
>> shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
>> it cant be a permanant solution.
>
> Thank you every one ,for replying , I will get her another kitty litter
> tray, and definitely involve kids!! its lucky that our Glorias poop
> hardly smells,very suprisingly to me .Probably because we do not give
> her wet kitty food ,but raw fish,and cooked chicken.

If you are not adding taurine to this food your cat is likely to wind up
blind.

Stan Brown
February 27th 10, 01:27 PM
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:57:18 +1100 from Petzl >:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:49:20 -0500, Stan Brown
> > wrote:
>
> >Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:21:49 +1100 from Petzl >:
> >> "Dieu est mon droit" God is my right
> >
> >You do realize you're misquoting, right? The second word is "et",
> >meaning "and".
> >
> >http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talk:Dieu_et_mon_droit
> >and many more.
> Modern version says that yes
> The original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT" ("GOD IS MY RIGHT").

Believe that, if it comforts you.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Kelly Greene[_2_]
February 27th 10, 08:07 PM
"kaia" > wrote in message
> Thank you every one ,for replying , I will get her another kitty litter
> tray, and definitely involve kids!! its lucky that our Glorias poop
> hardly smells,very suprisingly to me .Probably because we do not give
> her wet kitty food ,but raw fish,and cooked chicken.

That's NOT a balanced diet unless you're adding vitamin/mineral supplements.
Please check these out.

Felide nutrition information: http://www.catinfo.org/
History of dry food (a must-read article):
http://www.catnutrition.org/diabetes.php
http://www.yourdiabeticcat.com/
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/canned_food.htm
http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm
http://www.catinfo.org/ by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM
http://www.catinfo.org/zorans_article.pdf
http://www.felinefuture.com/?p=630 (dry foods)
www.rawfedcats.org

Petzl
February 28th 10, 01:06 AM
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:27:03 -0500, Stan Brown

>> >You do realize you're misquoting, right? The second word is "et",
>> >meaning "and".
>> >
>> >http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talk:Dieu_et_mon_droit
>> >and many more.
>> Modern version says that yes
>> The original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT" ("GOD IS MY RIGHT").
>
>Believe that, if it comforts you.

Just some trivia
Not much to do with comfort, Our (Australian) Courts are removing the
Coat of Arms displaying this?
It's to to with our Jury System. The word, "DROIT", means "a legal
right; something to which one has legal right".
Queen Elizabeth the Second is the Head of the Anglican Church and
Defender of the Faith. That Coat of Arms displays the words, "DIEU ET
MON DROIT" ("GOD AND MY RIGHT") and "HONI SOIT QUIMAL Y PENSE" ("EVIL
BE WHO EVIL THINKS"), the original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT"
("GOD IS MY RIGHT")

Dragoman
February 28th 10, 01:35 AM
Petzl wrote:

>>> Modern version says that yes
>>> The original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT" ("GOD IS MY RIGHT").
>> Believe that, if it comforts you.
>
> Just some trivia
> That Coat of Arms displays the words, "DIEU ET
> MON DROIT" ("GOD AND MY RIGHT") and "HONI SOIT QUIMAL Y PENSE" ("EVIL
> BE WHO EVIL THINKS"), the original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT"
> ("GOD IS MY RIGHT")

Well, that trivium is wrong. It has always been "ET mon droit". If you
believe otherwise, and want to be a slave to a flying spaghetti monster,
then by all means, continue trusting your nonsense. But stop imposing it
on the rest of us.

Petzl
February 28th 10, 01:56 AM
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:35:16 -0500, Dragoman
> wrote:

>Petzl wrote:

>>> Believe that, if it comforts you.
>>
>> Just some trivia
>> That Coat of Arms displays the words, "DIEU ET
>> MON DROIT" ("GOD AND MY RIGHT") and "HONI SOIT QUIMAL Y PENSE" ("EVIL
>> BE WHO EVIL THINKS"), the original version was "DIEU EST MON DROIT"
>> ("GOD IS MY RIGHT")
>
>Well, that trivium is wrong. It has always been "ET mon droit". If you
>believe otherwise, and want to be a slave to a flying spaghetti monster,
>then by all means, continue trusting your nonsense. But stop imposing it
>on the rest of us.

Well I just made it more correct
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my legal right

Rene
March 1st 10, 04:10 PM
On Feb 27, 2:07*pm, "Kelly Greene" > wrote:
> "kaia" > wrote in message

> > Thank you every one ,for replying , I will get her another kitty litter
> > tray, and definitely involve kids!! its lucky that our Glorias poop
> > hardly smells,very suprisingly to me .Probably because we do not give
> > her wet kitty food ,but raw fish,and cooked chicken.

I agree with Kelly and cybercat--this not a balanced diet. If you are
going to make your own raw diet, that's great, but you do need to
follow a balanced, proper recipe. The links Kelly posted are good,
please read them.

You can also buy premade raw diets from a number of manufacturers now
that are nutritionally balanced.