PDA

View Full Version : pancreatitis

YvonneD
March 9th 10, 01:58 PM
My 10 year old cat has been diagnosed with pancreatitis. He wouldn't
eat the bland food prescribed by the vet so she suggested I give him
any low fat food. I give him Science Diet Light, which he likes a lot
(when he's feeling well). She told me to give him 1/4 of a Pepcid
twice a day. She also gave him four days of Medacam. Yesterday was
the last dose. He really responded well to it and seemed to be
feeling almost normal until last night when he vomited. He actually
had not been vomiting, even before the Medacam. The Medacam should
still be at full strength in his system so I'm surprised that he's
sick again.

This morning he looks like he did last week (before the diagnosis).
After he eats, he just sits on a pillow. He looks like he's
uncomfortable. This is exactly what was happening. He only felt well
when his stomach was empty.

I don't know what the next step is. I will be calling the vet today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.