CatBanter

-   -   Meet Sonya (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23649)

Tanada January 22nd 05 07:23 PM

Meet Sonya

Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any moment.
Rob said that he'd rather not deal with a pregnant mum, but we are
needed for her and she is a little darling. She's very nervous,
needless to say, but has been placed in Mandy's bedroom. Mandy has been
given instructions and information on the care and feeding of a cat who
needs to be eating for five. I keep wanting to say seven, so do you
think I'm right and she'll have six kits? Poll here.

Anyway, Sonya is being fed kitten food. We have a warm bed ready for
her, and we know that the odds are that she'll reject the bed. We have
KMR and baby bottles ready for the kits, and are hoping that everything
goes like clockwork and we don't need them.

So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

Pam S. excited and worried

jmcquown January 22nd 05 08:12 PM

Tanada wrote:
Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any
moment.

Awwww! I know you know, but find a dark spot (maybe the closet?) in Mandy's
room for her to birth the babies and get ready to pace the floor like a
worried meowmie. Rob will be pacing too, I just know it.

Jill (guessing 5 babies)

Victor Martinez January 22nd 05 08:47 PM

Tanada wrote:
So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

My vote goes for 6 kittens to be born on Wednesday. :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Christina Websell January 22nd 05 09:05 PM

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Tanada wrote:
So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

My vote goes for 6 kittens to be born on Wednesday. :)
Victor

Mine is for 5 kittens to be born on Thursday.

Tweed

Kreisleriana January 22nd 05 09:48 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:23:30 GMT, Tanada
yodeled:

[...]

Just keep that camera ready. ;)

Theresa

Jo Firey January 22nd 05 10:56 PM

My bet is four kittens and sometime between midnight and dawn Monday
morning.

And Mandy will have a fit if she sleeps through it.

Try to keep her bedroom door closed so Mamma cat doesn't have too many
choices of where to drop the kittens. Might be a good idea to put the box
inside her closet with the door mostly closed.

Jo

ink.net...

Tanada January 23rd 05 12:21 AM

Jo Firey wrote:

My bet is four kittens and sometime between midnight and dawn Monday
morning.

And Mandy will have a fit if she sleeps through it.

Try to keep her bedroom door closed so Mamma cat doesn't have too many
choices of where to drop the kittens. Might be a good idea to put the box
inside her closet with the door mostly closed.

Cat bed under Mandy's bed. There is no room in Mandy's closet for
anything. Cat is kept in Mandy's room 24/7, poor cat. Sonya has taken
possession of the underbed and has come out only to use her litter box,
so far. We're hoping that she relaxes before the big event.

I'm saying Sunday and 6 kittens.

Pam S.

Cheryl January 23rd 05 01:38 AM

On Sat 22 Jan 2005 01:23:30p, Tanada wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
link.net):

Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the
purr is bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and
a half ago.

Whoa! You got your "wish"! Purrs for Sonya and her unborn kits.
You're in trouble now, lady. lol I could never take in pregnant moms-
to-be when I was fostering. I just didn't have the time if sometime
went wrong. Purrs for you too, and have loads of fun with the lil
wons when they are born.

--
Cheryl

Irulan January 23rd 05 01:44 AM

Pam, we will be purring and praying that Sonya's babies are all healthy and
that she doesn't have a hard time during birthing. You and Rob are kind
souls.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
ink.net...

Melissa Houle January 23rd 05 02:34 AM

Tanada wrote in message
ink.net...
snip
Anyway, Sonya is being fed kitten food. We have a warm bed ready for
her, and we know that the odds are that she'll reject the bed. We have
KMR and baby bottles ready for the kits, and are hoping that everything
goes like clockwork and we don't need them.

So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

Pam S. excited and worried

Hey, you're better prepared than I was! Purrs that Sonya will rise to the
occasion and be a good, capable cat mama.

I vote for 5 kittens, born Sunday morning.

Melissa