CatBanter

-   -   scratching post (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=82807)

Gail September 14th 07 02:20 AM

scratching post

http://www.purrfectpost.com/ Does this one look good? It is very tall,
sturdy and made of sisal fabric. Thanks.
Gail

Gail September 14th 07 03:20 AM

scratching post

Thanks, Cheryl.
Gail
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 13 Sep 2007 09:20:16p, Gail wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

http://www.purrfectpost.com/ Does this one look good? It is very
tall, sturdy and made of sisal fabric. Thanks.
Gail

That looks like a great post, Gail. I have one of those woven sisal
posts and everyone loves it. Some of mine aren't thrilled with the
wrapped sisal. It looks tall and sturdy, and the price is good.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl September 14th 07 03:38 AM

scratching post

On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:27:56p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

And thank YOU. I like The Purrfect Angle. My cats love the
alpine scratcher, in fact Shamrock is just now destroying the
new insert I put in it and devouring the catnip. LOL I think
they'd like a woven sisal angled scratcher.

Wah. It's still a cardboard insert. Nevermind the angle one for $59.

--
Cheryl

MaryL September 14th 07 03:42 AM

scratching post

"Gail" wrote in message ...
http://www.purrfectpost.com/ Does this one look good? It is very tall,
sturdy and made of sisal fabric. Thanks.
Gail

My cats have a similar post, and they love it. The one I have has a square
top. I padded it and wrapped it in fabric, and Duffy loves to sit on it.
So, it doubles as both a scratching post and as a "perch" for Duffy. Here
it is:
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...id=81gg&bhcp=1

I also have a 32" post with carpeting wrapped around the top few inches and
bottom few inches of the square post and sisal wrapped around the remainder
of the post. The base is a rectangle with the post mounted at the back for
form an "L." That makes it even more sturdy because the cat stands on the
base while scratching. I bought it at PetSmart a couple of years ago (I
described what I had seen and they ordered it). I have also seen it online
in both 32" and 36" heights, but I can't find it now. Maybe someone else
can direct you.

MaryL

Paul M. Cook[_2_] September 14th 07 09:17 AM

scratching post

Looks so good I want one. I know this: my cats won't use their carpet
posts. They did destroy a sisal scratch board in a few weeks. I think cats
seem to like sisal for some reason more than they do carpet.

I'm getting one of these for my guys. Too late to save the stereo speakers
though.

Paul

---MIKE--- September 14th 07 09:44 PM

scratching post

I made my own. It is 50 inches to the top of the sisal. Sometimes
Tiger will climb it and get on the top.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=3&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire