CatBanter

-   -   Three Way Cat Tunnel from Collections Etc. Might help Gabby & Phat Kat? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89191)

-Lost June 12th 08 09:36 AM

Three Way Cat Tunnel from Collections Etc. Might help Gabby & Phat Kat?

I almost forgot! This looks neat.

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item76291.aspx

Gabby and Phat Kat were playing for a moment tonight.

Gabby was stuck inside a pillow case and Phat Kat was rolling all over
it. Gabby kept pushing forward, Phat Kat kept rolling. Too cute!

Maybe this would make their noses touch? ; )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

blkcatgal June 13th 08 01:23 AM

Three Way Cat Tunnel from Collections Etc. Might help Gabby & Phat Kat?

I have a "one way" tunnel for my cats. It's about 4 feet long and has two
cutouts on the top. My boys love running through it and jumping on each
other. Haven't tried it with the new cat yet....still just trying to get my
resident cat to stop hissing at her! But I think it would be worth trying
with your two.

S.
---

-Lost June 14th 08 05:12 AM

Three Way Cat Tunnel from Collections Etc. Might help Gabby & Phat Kat?

Response to "blkcatgal" :

I have a "one way" tunnel for my cats. It's about 4 feet long and
has two cutouts on the top. My boys love running through it and
jumping on each other. Haven't tried it with the new cat
yet....still just trying to get my resident cat to stop hissing at
her! But I think it would be worth trying with your two.

How is it working out with the carrier or cage housing the new lady
kitty?

The same night they had the "pillow fight" they got into it pretty
heavy. Phat Kat is fighting back more and more, but still doesn't
want to play. They sleep not far from each other though.

Gabby on a recliner about 4 to 6 feet from the back of the couch
(behind me) where Phat Kat sleeps.

I am going to get the spouse to "sign off" on a Kitty Kondo addition
and that 3-way tunnel. I think they deserve since they haven't
actually broken anything (yet). ; )

Hope it's going well.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

blkcatgal June 14th 08 04:23 PM

Three Way Cat Tunnel from Collections Etc. Might help Gabby & Phat Kat?

Hi. For the past 5 days we have been putting Zoey in a large cage in the
family room for about 2 hours each evening. At first, she didn't like it
but now has accepted it. I think she likes being "part of the family" even
though she is in a cage. My one cat, the one that seems fine with her, will
play with her through the cage bars and jumps on top of the cage and will
actually take a nap there (I put a blanket on top). But the other cat,
Wally, still doesn't want much to do with Zoey. He'll lay in the vicinity
and watch Zoey, but he still hisses and growls at her. And he appears
agitated. The past couple of days I tried feeding Zoey in the cage and
Wally about 3 feet away. First day went okay...both watched each other but
ate all their food. Last night, Wally ate a little bit, but was visibly
agitated and eventually walked away from his food dish without finishing.
I'll keep trying....

I know this is going to take a while, but I've been dealing with this
introduction business for 2 months now and I am frustrated. But thanks for
asking. I haven't given up yet. Hope Gabby and Phat Cat continue to do
well. I think the fact that they are able to sleep in relatively close
proximity to one another is a real plus.

S.
---
Response to "blkcatgal" :