CatBanter

-   -   KFW: Pictures (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89348)

Victor Martinez[_2_] June 19th 08 06:47 PM

KFW: Pictures

Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo

http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Gandalf June 20th 08 05:07 AM

KFW: Pictures

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:47:30 -0700 (PDT), Victor Martinez
wrote:

Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo

http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Many of these pics I have seen with captions. It's nice to see the
original pics!

MaryL June 20th 08 09:36 AM

Pictures

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo

http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Most of these are really cute. The exception is the one with the painted
rear end/pantaloons. Some people probably think it's also "cute." I think
it's dreadful! I never like to see cats painted -- they are gorgeous
without interference -- but this is even worse than most because that cat
would have had to be immobilized for them to do that type of paint work.

John F. Eldredge June 20th 08 01:25 PM

Pictures

Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo

http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Most of these are really cute. The exception is the one with the
painted rear end/pantaloons. Some people probably think it's also
"cute." I think it's dreadful! I never like to see cats painted --
they are gorgeous without interference -- but this is even worse than
most because that cat would have had to be immobilized for them to do
that type of paint work.

As I recall, that photo is from a book of edited photographs. So, the
picture was digitally painted, rather than the cat being physically
painted.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

MaryL June 20th 08 02:14 PM

Pictures

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 03:36:07 -0500, MaryL wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo

http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Most of these are really cute. The exception is the one with the
painted rear end/pantaloons. Some people probably think it's also
"cute." I think it's dreadful! I never like to see cats painted --
they are gorgeous without interference -- but this is even worse than
most because that cat would have had to be immobilized for them to do
that type of paint work.

As I recall, that photo is from a book of edited photographs. So, the
picture was digitally painted, rather than the cat being physically
painted.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Oh, good. Thanks! (And I guess I should have realized that, considering
the detail involved.)

MaryL

[email protected] June 21st 08 08:21 AM

Pictures

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Some classic ones and some I hadn't seen befo
http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/

Most of these are really cute. The exception is the one with the painted
rear end/pantaloons. Some people probably think it's also "cute." I think
it's dreadful! I never like to see cats painted -- they are gorgeous
without interference -- but this is even worse than most because that cat
would have had to be immobilized for them to do that type of paint work.

That photo is from a book called "Why Paint Cats?" There are many more
where that came from. However, I'm convinced that it's Photoshopped.
How on earth could anyone keep a cat still enough to do that kind of
work?

A friend of mine claims that the cats were painted in real life, but I
don't buy it.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Joy June 21st 08 08:34 AM

Pictures

wrote in message
MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

[...]

If they were, they must have been sedated or anesthetized.

Joy