CatBanter

-   -   My ginger tom (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67334)

Ryan February 25th 06 11:04 AM

My ginger tom

My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
fortune would be most welcome :)

The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
welcome :)

[email protected] February 26th 06 01:16 AM

My ginger tom

Ryan wrote:
My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
fortune would be most welcome :)

The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
welcome :)

check for intestinal parasites, giardia, cryptosporidium.

ask the vet specifically.

vets, believe it or not, miss this. start with this. if you're lucky,
it's this and easy to cure.

Anna via CatKB.com February 26th 06 04:58 AM

My ginger tom

My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
fortune would be most welcome :)

He may need a new food. Could be allergic to what he's eating. Run this by
your vet.

The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
welcome :)

Are they neutured? Unneutured males will want to fight more.

Anna