CatBanter

-   -   "cat ear hacked off" (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13843)

Rebecca B October 10th 03 10:08 AM

"cat ear hacked off"

Why do people do these horrible things to cats ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003470462,00.html

Sherry October 10th 03 02:49 PM

Better yet, why do you post them so that we have to see what we cannot
prevent?

At least header gave fair warning that it was a link I didn't want to click on,
so I didn't. I always appreciate that. It's not that I don't care, or bury my
head in the sand. It's just that I see so much of that IRL that I generally
don't want to read about it here.
OTOH, sometimes there are letter-writing campaigns to the DA along with abuse
stories and I do think maybe we *can* make a small difference in those
situations. I almost always take the time to write when those stories come up.

Sherry

Mary October 10th 03 02:59 PM

I guess. It's just that I come here to discuss cats with those who
love them. The mutilation cases are all over the news anyway. We can't
escape them if we try.

kaeli October 10th 03 03:01 PM

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Better yet, why do you post them so that we have to see what we cannot
prevent?

What, someone MADE you click on it? And there should be no discussion
over what might be done to prevent it, such as harsher laws, lobbying,
contacting law reps, keeping an eye on pets, reporting abuse, etc,
because it hurts you to read about it?

Stories like these remind people that this stuff really does happen - a
fact which is refuted many times when I try to tell people that they
should keep their cats indoors because bad humans hurt cats for no
reason. Too many people don't realize that this stuff happens EVERY DAY.
There are many more people who lurk in this group than just the active
posters who work with this and see it first-hand.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

MaryL October 10th 03 03:22 PM

"Mary" wrote in message
m...
Better yet, why do you post them so that we have to see what we cannot
prevent?

Well, the link did show the general area where this occurred -- so that
could be a warning to others in the area to be on the alert. In addition,
it does add to information about risks that outdoor cats may face.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)