CatBanter

-   -   Sorry, can't do Facebook (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113550)

jmcquown[_2_] August 26th 17 02:23 PM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill

Lesley Madigan August 27th 17 12:32 AM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill

What's the problem? I took a while to get used to it myself so maybe I can help?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Nice pic of Buffy

jmcquown[_2_] August 28th 17 05:30 PM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

On 8/26/2017 7:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill

What's the problem? I took a while to get used to it myself so maybe I can help?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Nice pic of Buffy

Thanks about the pic of Buffy. :)

The problem with FB is it seems to think just because I've friended
someone I should be also be friends with every else they know. Not
necessarily! After I reactivated my account a woman on the RPCA
Facebook group complained about being asked to friend people I'd listed
10 years ago. Don't worry about it, they're people I used to work with.
They wouldn't know you from Adam, either. LOL

Also, I've got notifications turned OFF, yet I still get notified if
someone changes their status. Facebook is just annoying.

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] August 30th 17 03:07 PM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

On 8/30/2017 7:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I don't know why that woman had all those requests. If she's going through
each and every suggestion they give you then I think she must bored. I
really can't imagine what she's doing and why. Let alone why she's
complaining, you coming into the facebook group is no different to when
she or I did. I didn't see these 'asked to friend' requests. I only check
on the the individual requests where people have personally asked if I
want to friend them. I only accept those I want and delete all others
(sometimes that can be very therapeutic if that person is not nice). I
don't get many requests as I'm mainly friends with people I want, although
occasionally there's a nice surprise. Hang on in there but keep up with
the usenet group too, as I do.

Judith

Thanks, Judith. I wondered why she brought it up. I don't expect her
to know who Jodi Incardona is! I'll wait a while before deactivating
the account. Maybe it will grow on me. :)

Jill

Mishi[_2_] August 30th 17 04:22 PM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

Jill,

You can get an add on called FB Purity that will help with those annoying posts.

http://www.fbpurity.com/

http://www.fbpurity.com/features.htm

Patti

jmcquown[_2_] August 30th 17 05:06 PM

Sorry, can't do Facebook

On 8/30/2017 11:22 AM, Mishi wrote:
Jill,

You can get an add on called FB Purity that will help with those annoying posts.

http://www.fbpurity.com/

http://www.fbpurity.com/features.htm

Patti

Thanks, that might help. :)