CatBanter

-   -   Sonya is still in one piece (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23823)

Tanada January 28th 05 03:20 AM

Sonya is still in one piece

She hasn't blown up into little kitty pieces yet. She comes out when no
one is in the room, and will even come out when one of us is in the
room, so long as we are quiet.

She is currently sleeping underneath Mandy's bed.

Pam S. pacing back and forth

Mischief January 28th 05 03:35 AM

Pierce College is partly a farm, and I've worked with some of the
animals

Last year I was on pregnancy watch when one of our huge pigs was about
to give birth. I got a lot of reading and studying done. That was Oct
2003. It was hot, and the pig's name was Boom Boom. :) I kept her
company while she was in her farrowing crate, but it took about a week
of waiting before any pigs popped out.

Then in Spring of 2004, I was on pig watch again with Jana. After a
whole week of waiting, I got to be there when the first piglet came
out. It was really sweet. :)

So don't worry, I know the feeling of waiting around waiting for
something to happy. Just wait until she starts getting anxious and
can't get comfortable. Even then it might be a while, and she'll be in
a REAL GOOD mood. :0 )

Kristi

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) January 28th 05 04:07 AM

Mischief wrote:

So don't worry, I know the feeling of waiting around waiting for
something to happy. Just wait until she starts getting anxious and
can't get comfortable. Even then it might be a while, and she'll be in
a REAL GOOD mood. :0 )

I remember when my Judy (who had supposedly been spayed,
according to the woman I got her from) was ready to have her
kittens - she kept following me around the house, trying to
lead me back to the spot she'd chosen for the "lying-in".
Apparently she wanted someone to hold her paw during the
blessed event. Her daughter, on the other hand, wa sitting
on my lap, and simply got down and went into the box I'd
prepared for her and proceeded to give birth, with no fuss
at all.

Seanette Blaylock January 28th 05 04:56 AM

Tanada had some very interesting things
to say about Sonya is still in one piece:

She hasn't blown up into little kitty pieces yet. She comes out when no
one is in the room, and will even come out when one of us is in the
room, so long as we are quiet.
She is currently sleeping underneath Mandy's bed.
Pam S. pacing back and forth

I'm still saying five kittens, but I'll make that prediction for
Wednesday PM now. :-)

Shiral January 28th 05 05:14 AM

I think Sonya's having some fun yanking her hoomin foster family's
chain: "The big female is getting agitated...but I just... yawn
don't feel like becoming a Mommy today..".;o)

I'm revising my kitten bet for 5 kittens to be born in the wee hours of
Sunday morning. Then they can upstage the Super Bowl. =o)

Melissa

Jo Firey January 28th 05 05:19 AM

OK my next bet is Monday AM between midnight and 6am. But still think no
more than four kittens.

I figure she will want to keep you on your toes during the superbowl.

Jo

ink.net...

Marie Lawrence January 28th 05 06:44 AM

From my experience as a breeder, a cat's temperature drops below normal
before birth.
Realising that you can't take her temperature per rectum, try feeling her
ears. After establishing what they normally feel like, you will notice
that they feel quite chilly up to 24 hours before the birth. Worth a try,
Marie in OZ

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
OK my next bet is Monday AM between midnight and 6am. But still think no
more than four kittens.

I figure she will want to keep you on your toes during the superbowl.

Jo

ink.net...

mlbriggs January 28th 05 06:58 AM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:20:55 +0000, Tanada wrote:

She hasn't blown up into little kitty pieces yet. She comes out when no
one is in the room, and will even come out when one of us is in the
room, so long as we are quiet.

She is currently sleeping underneath Mandy's bed.

Pam S. pacing back and forth

We are purring for an easy delivery whenever it occurs. MLB

Sandra January 28th 05 11:00 AM

Purrs from Memphis and Phoenix, who, being male have no idea what she is
going through. Is she holding out for the longest pregnancy record?

--
Sandra

Holly via CatKB.com January 28th 05 04:42 PM

Sonya is trying to be the half time show for the Super Bowl
We are still purring here that it is a safe delivery and that every
one is okay. Also Purring that meowmie does not pace a hole through the floor.