CatBanter

-   -   Why my pussy wears a bell. (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=82771)

James September 12th 07 12:23 AM

Why my pussy wears a bell.

She's indoor/outdoor gray cat. Hard to see except in broad daylight.
First the bell lets me know she underfoot and keeps me from breaking
my neck. I got tired of tripping over her all the time. Even with
the bell I stepped on her today when she was lying around. Lucky I
was able to stop before putting my full weight on her.

Also she doesn't always come when I call. Before the bell there were
times when I stood at the open door calling her only to find out later
than she had snuck passed me into the house.

The collar breaks away. Don't know where the first one was caught but
she came home one day without it. Perhaps being a long hair make the
collar more comfortable. I had a short hair cat who would not wear
one.

bookie September 12th 07 12:13 PM

Why my pussy wears a bell.

On 12 Sep, 00:23, James wrote:
She's indoor/outdoor gray cat. Hard to see except in broad daylight.
First the bell lets me know she underfoot and keeps me from breaking
my neck. I got tired of tripping over her all the time. Even with
the bell I stepped on her today when she was lying around. Lucky I
was able to stop before putting my full weight on her.

Also she doesn't always come when I call. Before the bell there were
times when I stood at the open door calling her only to find out later
than she had snuck passed me into the house.

The collar breaks away. Don't know where the first one was caught but
she came home one day without it. Perhaps being a long hair make the
collar more comfortable. I had a short hair cat who would not wear
one.

personally i hate collars on any animals, cats most of all, makes it
seem as though we are 'enslaving' them and trying to show the world
that we own them, which is just wrong.

anyway, have you tried any of the reflective collars onthe market?
there are loads of them, and I have also seen a number of collars with
flashing LED lights in them too on sale In a couple of places (tescos
in fact, as well as at my vets)
being able to see her may be a better option.

cheer bookie

James September 12th 07 10:03 PM

Why my pussy wears a bell.

On Sep 12, 7:13 am, bookie wrote:
On 12 Sep, 00:23, James wrote:

[...]

The bell is better because you don't have to be able to see to hear
it. Lights only work if you happen to be looking in that direction.
They are good for helping drivers to see one on the road.

The bell lets me know if she's in the house whereas it would be
impossible to see even flashing LED if she's in the next room.

bookie September 13th 07 01:58 AM

Why my pussy wears a bell.

On 12 Sep, 22:03, James wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:13 am, bookie wrote:

On 12 Sep, 00:23, James wrote:

[...]

impossible to see even flashing LED if she's in the next room.- Hide quoted text -

well that was the only suggestion i had, that's your lot mate