CatBanter

-   -   Poor Scarlett (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23284)

Monique Y. Mudama January 12th 05 04:33 AM

On 2005-01-12, Cheryl penned:

Tonight she is walking around very slowly. Trying to keep from having to
walk. I guess I'll be calling the vet tomorrow AGAIN... sigh ...

I never realized how lucky I was with Oscar. I remember her being wobbly the
first day after being spayed, but she was fine after that.

Of course, she didn't have other cats to deal with!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marina January 12th 05 04:34 AM

Poor Scarlett

Cheryl wrote:

She was spayed last week, and well, she's had a lot of problems
since I got her.

Poor little Scarlett. Healing purrs on the way for her., and calming
purrs for the boys so they leave her alone.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

mlbriggs January 12th 05 05:56 AM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:16:45 -0600, Cheryl wrote:

She was spayed last week, and well, she's had a lot of problems
since I got her. She's had gunky eyes, lack of appetite at times,
(she's pretty skinny and has been slow to put on weight since her
first weighing at our vet when she was 2.4 pounds). She's up to 4
lbs now, but still feels boney because she's growing in length. Vet
isn't overly concerned about her growth rate. Me, OTOH, I tend to
treat her with meat babyfood whenever she doesn't eat as much of
her canned as I'd like.

Yesterday I took her back to the vet because her spay incision felt
like a large lump and I was worried it had abscessed. Vet said the
lumping is normal but decided to put in a few staples since she'd
licked open the glue (she has subQ dissolvable stitches).

Tonight she is walking around very slowly. Trying to keep from
having to walk. I guess I'll be calling the vet tomorrow AGAIN...
sigh ...

She has two rough brothers who she needs a break from. I guess she
will be going back into the kitten room tomorrow while Rhett and
Shamrock spend the day downstairs. Bonnie also needs a break from
Shamrock, who is beating the sh!t outta her lately. Rhett is
exactly Shamrock's speed, so those two can beat each other up all
day. Heh. They get along great, they both just play really rough.

Poor Scarlet -- I really feel for her. My Princess (RB16) had a rough
time with her second (unnecessary) operation. I felt her pain but could
not help ease it. I 'll send lots of purrs that she will feel better
soon. MLB

jmcquown January 12th 05 03:51 PM

Cheryl wrote:
Yesterday I took her back to the vet because her spay incision felt
like a large lump and I was worried it had abscessed. Vet said the
lumping is normal but decided to put in a few staples since she'd
licked open the glue (she has subQ dissolvable stitches).

Tonight she is walking around very slowly. Trying to keep from
having to walk. I guess I'll be calling the vet tomorrow AGAIN...
sigh ...

Awwww.... Purrs for the baby girl. And for you.

Jill

Ginger-lyn Summer January 12th 05 07:14 PM

wrote:

[...]

Purrs for poor Scarlett. And Bonnie, too!

I swear, after Merlyn, I'll never adopt another female cat, just
because going through the spaying with her makes me feel like a crazed
mom worrying constantly and tearing her hair out!

Ginger-lyn

polonca12000 January 12th 05 10:04 PM

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Scarlett, and thank you for taking such
good care of her,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Cheryl" wrote in message
She was spayed last week, and well, she's had a lot of problems
since I got her. snip

KellyH January 12th 05 10:22 PM

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Yesterday I took her back to the vet because her spay incision felt
like a large lump and I was worried it had abscessed. Vet said the
lumping is normal but decided to put in a few staples since she'd
licked open the glue (she has subQ dissolvable stitches).

Poor Scarlett :-( My cat Mia had an awful time after her spay. The area
under the incision filled up with fluid and they had to put a drain in her.
She was so pitiful.

You are right... it's best for her to take some time off from the rough play
with the boys.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Krista January 13th 05 06:13 AM

Awww, poor Scarlett indeed. We are sending healing purrs her way.
------
Krista

Melissa Houle January 13th 05 07:19 PM

wrote:

[...]

Poor Scarlett! I hope she feels better soon. I think It's much the most
sensible thing to do, to give her a little quiet and privacy, right now.
Especially from brothers who play rough.

I feel for your worry. This morning, I took little Nina in for her
spaying. She went right into the carrier of her own accord and was quiet
most of the way over, but then started crying in this particularly pitiful
way when I'd almost reached the vet's office. Of course, she WAS hungry,
and she was probably wondering where Mama was. They've hardly been separated
since Nina was born. Francesca was not best pleased when I came home
without her baby, either, and has been following me around asking me where
she is all morning. =o\ Even though I know spaying is the most responsible
thing to do, I still feel guilty!

Melissa

Kreisleriana January 13th 05 07:27 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:19:22 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
yodeled:
(snip)
I feel for your worry. This morning, I took little Nina in for her
spaying. She went right into the carrier of her own accord and was quiet
most of the way over, but then started crying in this particularly pitiful
way when I'd almost reached the vet's office. Of course, she WAS hungry,
and she was probably wondering where Mama was. They've hardly been separated
since Nina was born. Francesca was not best pleased when I came home
without her baby, either, and has been following me around asking me where
she is all morning. =o\ Even though I know spaying is the most responsible
thing to do, I still feel guilty!

Melissa

Purrs for little Nina--who must be getting pretty big now-- and for
her worried mom.
We need to see some new pictures of them, you know. ;)

Theresa