CatBanter

-   -   cat is constantly stressed (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13560)

Richard Walker September 28th 03 08:36 AM

cat is constantly stressed

Our cat is being bullied by another cat on our street.

It is now reluctant to go outside and has recently begun chewing its feet
causing them to bleed.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a problem like this?

Regards

Richard

MaryL September 28th 03 02:50 PM

"Richard Walker" wrote in message
Our cat is being bullied by another cat on our street.

It is now reluctant to go outside and has recently begun chewing its feet
causing them to bleed.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a problem like this?

Regards

Richard

Can the cat be converted to an indoor-only cat? The cat would be safer, and
the problem you described would no longer be a problem.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

PawsForThought September 28th 03 03:44 PM

From: "Richard Walker"

Our cat is being bullied by another cat on our street.

It is now reluctant to go outside and has recently begun chewing its feet
causing them to bleed.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a problem like this?

Yes, keep him inside, or in the alternative, build a safe outdoor cat
enclosure. You can also try taking him out on a harness and leash.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Karen September 28th 03 06:39 PM

in article , Richard Walker at
wrote on 9/28/03 2:36 AM:

Our cat is being bullied by another cat on our street.

It is now reluctant to go outside and has recently begun chewing its feet
causing them to bleed.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a problem like this?

Regards

Richard

You might try Feliway inside the house to calm the cat somewhat. Can you
build an enclosure or make your yard safe from the Tom with a cat in fence?
perhaps you could train her to leash and harness so she could go out
supervised with you. Do you know who this other cat is? Can you speak to the
neighbor about a schedule so the two cats won't be outside at the same time?

karen