CatBanter

-   -   Update on Chase (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14734)

SongSylvan November 23rd 03 08:42 PM

Update on Chase

OK, had computer issues, hopefully it's fixed--but regarding Chase and his
peeing gig--the bloodwork and urinalysis came back OK, so there's nothing
physically wrong with him. His vet asked if he's been doing it ever since, and
he hasn't. She suggested I pay a bit more attention to him, that possibly he
felt Paintball was getting more attention than him.

Hopefully this doesn't set off a peeing episode in Paintball.

Thanks for the help!

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice

Rona Yuthasastrakosol November 23rd 03 09:15 PM

"SongSylvan" wrote in message
OK, had computer issues, hopefully it's fixed--but regarding Chase and his
peeing gig--the bloodwork and urinalysis came back OK, so there's nothing
physically wrong with him. His vet asked if he's been doing it ever

since, and
he hasn't.

Whew! What a relief!

She suggested I pay a bit more attention to him, that possibly he
felt Paintball was getting more attention than him.

I like your vet. She looks at possible environmental factors, too. Not all
vets do.

Hopefully this doesn't set off a peeing episode in Paintball.

For some reason, I first read this as "set off a peeing episode *on*
Paintball" and I was imagining Chase peeing on Paintball because he was
jealous or something. Not a pretty sight!

I'm glad Chase is doing better.

rona

Karen M. November 23rd 03 09:17 PM

Laura R. wrote:

circa 23 Nov 2003 20:42:53 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
SongSylvan ) said,

OK, had computer issues, hopefully it's fixed--but regarding Chase and his
peeing gig--the bloodwork and urinalysis came back OK, so there's nothing
physically wrong with him.

That's certainly good news, and must be a weight off your mind.

His vet asked if he's been doing it ever since, and
he hasn't.

Any chance there'd been another cat somewhere in his sight/smell
range recently? Maybe an unneutered tom at a window or something?

She suggested I pay a bit more attention to him, that possibly he
felt Paintball was getting more attention than him.

Can't hurt. I doubt Paintball will start peeing inappropriately as a
result. At least, I hope not. :-)

Laura

I don't know Laura, my brother as a little boy used to pee on our things
when he felt persecuted... ;)

(sorry, SongSylvan - I'm sure Paintball is more well behaved than my
brother!)

Karen M. November 23rd 03 09:55 PM

Laura R. wrote:
circa Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:17:04 -0800, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Karen M. ) said,

Can't hurt. I doubt Paintball will start peeing inappropriately as a
result. At least, I hope not. :-)

Laura

I don't know Laura, my brother as a little boy used to pee on our things
when he felt persecuted... ;)

(sorry, SongSylvan - I'm sure Paintball is more well behaved than my
brother!)

GUFFAW Cats are so much smarter than children. ;-)

Lauraa

I don't know, he sure made us think twice about picking on him... ;)