CatBanter

-   -   No meowmie speak (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113495)

cshenk June 6th 17 01:37 AM

No meowmie speak

Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast tight
circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight circles
sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of the causes.
This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and recover.
Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain tumor or a central
nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be the somple sort but she
is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very old in dogs years. She is
close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We have to wait and see.

Samuel Redcat June 6th 17 01:07 PM

No meowmie speak

On 2017-06-06 00:37:01 +0000, cshenk said:

Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast tight
circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight circles
sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of the causes.
This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and recover.
Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain tumor or a central
nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be the somple sort but she
is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very old in dogs years. She is
close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We have to wait and see.

All of us here in the Community are sending our best purrs, and our
humans are sending their prayers, for Iowna to recover very soon and to
not be too uncomfortable meanwhile.

Samuel Redcat Mahoney
for his entire clowder, feline, canine, and human
(with Starr da Dogg wagging especially hard)

Sundance and/or Rebecca June 6th 17 06:18 PM

No meowmie speak

Bestest wishez fur Ms. Iowna.

Sundance and Rebecca

cshenk June 7th 17 02:57 AM

No meowmie speak

cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast tight
circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight circles
sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of the causes.
This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and
recover. Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain tumor
or a central nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be the somple
sort but she is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very old in dogs
years. She is close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We have to wait
and see.

Thank you all. She is still not well but looking better.

Ann791 June 8th 17 04:33 PM

No meowmie speak

On 6/5/2017 8:37 PM, cshenk wrote:

Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast tight
circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight circles
sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of the causes.
This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and recover.
Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain tumor or a central
nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be the somple sort but she
is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very old in dogs years. She is
close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We have to wait and see.

We is just seeing this and sending lots of purrs.

Lucy Lu & Samwise

Pit2nya[_2_] June 17th 17 11:43 PM

No meowmie speak

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 5:37:06 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast tight
circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight circles
sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of the causes.
This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and recover.
Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain tumor or a central
nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be the somple sort but she
is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very old in dogs years. She is
close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We have to wait and see.

Sounds like a miserable thing to have, poor girl.
Purrs coming...

cshenk June 18th 17 04:25 PM

No meowmie speak

Pit2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 5:37:06 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Just to let all know, Iowna fell ill Friday with Vestibular Disease.
It's also called 'old dog syndrome'. Head tilts, moves in fast
tight circles, falls down a lot. Nausea (caused by the tight
circles sometimes). Vertigo. Ear infection ruled out as one of
the causes. This is very fast to show, like 15-30 minutes before
she was fine.

She spent Friday on an IV. Most dogs have the simple sort and
recover. Some are not so lucky as causation can also be brain
tumor or a central nervous system infection. Her's is apt to be
the somple sort but she is 3 weeks from turning 15 and that is very
old in dogs years. She is close to 25 for a cat for comparison. We
have to wait and see.

Sounds like a miserable thing to have, poor girl.
Purrs coming...

Yeah, she was pretty miserable for a time. We lucked up and she's back
to normal now. Lost too much weight as she was so dizzy, she couldnt
eat (or if she tried, she vomited it up). We are fattening her up now.
She's about 3lbs under weight still.

Pit2nya[_2_] June 28th 17 06:18 AM

No meowmie speak

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 8:26:00 AM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
[...]

That's very good to know! big sigh of relief

Will in New Haven[_2_] July 10th 17 02:57 AM

No meowmie speak

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 11:26:00 AM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Mine puppy Samanfa had dat furry fing and neow she is fine tootoo. She would WIKE to be unnerweight butted she can't manaj itted.

--
Squeakytoy in Floridida

cshenk August 19th 17 07:38 PM

No meowmie speak

Will in New Haven wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Iowna is now in fine fettle, eating everything in sight again. 1 month
later, she is pleasingly plump again ;-)